+ Reply to Thread
Page 928 of 944 FirstFirst ... 428 828 878 918 926 927 928 929 930 938 ... LastLast
Results 18,541 to 18,560 of 18863

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I really feel lonely on the Sunny-will-awake and turn 11th crewmate train :/
    Theresa used to say me it would be funny if merry the butler ate the SHIP SHIP FRUIT and turned into Going Merry.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

I really feel lonely on the Sunny-will-awake and turn 11th crewmate train :/
    Impossible, because Thousand Sunny is already an indispensable nakama. That was literally the whole point with Going Merry, that despite being a ship she WAS indeed a formal part of the crew and that's why her death was so sad. I mean, if you want an autonomous Going Sunny going toe-to-toe with San Juan Wolf well, that's just not going to happen. Or at least, I hope it doesn't. It would be kind of lame.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    Impossible, because Thousand Sunny is already an indispensable nakama. That was literally the whole point with Going Merry, that despite being a ship she WAS indeed a formal part of the crew and that's why her death was so sad. I mean, if you want an autonomous Going Sunny going toe-to-toe with San Juan Wolf well, that's just not going to happen. Or at least, I hope it doesn't. It would be kind of lame.
    What'd be lame about it??

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    You won't have to worry about an autonomous Thousand Sunny fighting San Juan Wolf like a boss from Shadow of the Colossus. Because Franky is going to pilot it for his final battle against San Juan Wolf.

Spoiler:

Let the magnificence of the Sunny Shogun float into your heart.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I think the most logical conclusion is that Jinbe will end up dying from the roulette effect by the end of this arc, then BM will turn Sunny into a homie using his soul. Later, Franky will modify Jinbe Sunny so it can go full transformer and fight on its own.

FC 0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I think the most logical conclusion is that Jinbe will end up dying from the roulette effect by the end of this arc, then BM will turn Sunny into a homie using his soul. Later, Franky will modify Jinbe Sunny so it can go full transformer and fight on its own.
    That just means it's going to automatically self-destruct in the vicinity of the Blackbeard Pirates due to Jimbei recklessly trying sacrifice his life selflessly all of the time.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I'm actually having issues about who should pilot Sunny in case my super theory of awakening into life and self-pilot does't happen.

Franky build it, yeah, but he's the carpenter, wouldn't make more sense if Helmsman(Jinbe) drives it??

I'm actually having issues about who should pilot Sunny in case my super theory of awakening into life and self-pilot does't happen.

Franky build it, yeah, but he's the carpenter, wouldn't make more sense if Helmsman(Jinbe) drives it??
    Not really. Franky is the one who built all of the ship's functions, weapons, rooms, internal vehicles, etc. Everything about the Thousand Sunny is literally an extension of his abilities, such as Coup de Burst being inspired by Coup de Boo/Vent, and post-timeskip Franky being able to attack with the Gaon Cannon as Franky Shogun. The fact that Franky already relies on a mech as an extension of his abilities makes a Sunny Shogun that much more easily realizable. The ship even runs on cola like Franky lol.

Meanwhile, Jimbei steers the ship at sea. That's pretty much it. And other people in the crew could do it, he just doesn't have that much of a special ship role. Although his water bending could help out a lot with steering the ship.

yeah, but for pirate series, would make more sense for the final battle of piracy for the helmsman to take on the wheel. sort of like Barbossa maneuvering The Black Pearl while fighting Davy Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    About the fruits, yeah, I really don't that concept as well. Speaking of fire and magma, I absolutely have no problem with the existence of both at all. But whereby I have a problem with is that it's outright said that magma fruit is superior to fire fruit. So, regarding fruit related abilities, a fully trained superior fruit user can do absolutely everything that a fully trained inferior fruit user can? Seriously, that's just bullshit!
    The electricity user will never hurt Luffy with his fruit no matter how untrain Luffy is or trained the electricity user is. Electricity doesn't work on rubber.

Same thing with Magma and fire. You can't burn Magma or fire BUT earth/dirt extinguish fire. And once the fire is extenguish there is just the user left, the user being a human at that time he got burned.

Those fruits have superiority facing those particular fruit but when facing another circumstances this could very well change.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The electricity user will never hurt Luffy with his fruit no matter how untrain Luffy is or trained the electricity user is. Electricity doesn't work on rubber.

Same thing with Magma and fire. You can't burn Magma or fire BUT earth/dirt extinguish fire. And once the fire is extenguish there is just the user left, the user being a human at that time he got burned.

Those fruits have superiority facing those particular fruit but when facing another circumstances this could very well change.
    Leaving some real world physics aside, I agree with what you said and I would be perfectly fine with your take on magma and fire. However, that's just not Oda's explanation as seen here:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_79

We're not talking about superiority to one particular fruit, instead magma and fire gets mentioned together with three other cases where one fruit completely is better in EVERY aspect.

Look at the other 3 examples:
    Mach Vise can do everything what Ms. Valentine could - and more.
    Baby 5 can do everything what Daz could - and more.
    Kuzan can do everything what Monet could - and again more.

What Oda basically says is: Akainu can do everything what Ace could - and of course more.

Besides, at the end he tries to justify it with a strawman by saying that it doesn't solely depend character strength. But the problem is if the users are equally strong, the inferior fruit user basically is at disadvantage in every imaginable possible scenario.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

yeah, but for pirate series, would make more sense for the final battle of piracy for the helmsman to take on the wheel. sort of like Barbossa maneuvering The Black Pearl while fighting Davy Jones.
    That's a not a good reason.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Machvise couldn't make himself lighter.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post

We're not talking about superiority to one particular fruit, instead magma and fire gets mentioned together with three other cases where one fruit completely is better in EVERY aspect.

Look at the other 3 examples:
    Mach Vise can do everything what Ms. Valentine could - and more.
    Baby 5 can do everything what Daz could - and more.
    Kuzan can do everything what Monet could - and again more.

What Oda basically says is: Akainu can do everything what Ace could - and of course more.
    Superior doesn't always mean better in every aspect, nor is it what Oda tried to say, I think. For example, Baby 5 can turn her parts into blades, just like Daz, but the invulnerability aspect was missing from her repertoire. While she could create more different weapons, he was just better than her in being a blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Machvise couldn't make himself lighter.
    Couldn't he? I really forgot most of Dressrosa stuff. But that basically destroys the described concept of superiority.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Superior doesn't always mean better in every aspect, nor is it what Oda tried to say, I think. For example, Baby 5 can turn her parts into blades, just like Daz, but the invulnerability aspect was missing from her repertoire. While she could create more different weapons, he was just better than her in being a blade.
    But Oda made a clear differentiation between superior fruits and 'abilities that tend to be headed in different directions in terms of how they actually work or what they can do'. If some aspects are missing they clearly belong into that second category.

So why not say instead:
    What Akainu said was just him trash-talking to Ace. For every two DFs regardless of how similar they may be you can say that these abilities tend to be headed in different directions in terms of how they actually work or what they can do. There are no strictly superior fruits.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Remember that baby 5 was practically a logia in the defense department, when she became a missile she T1000'd herself back together.

Another fruit on another level of power is Capone. If he was just storing things and "being" a castle , it was a lot already, but the tank threads makes it impossible to know what his fruit can actually do.
    Pokemon X

I doubt she'd be able to reconstruct if someone were to chop her into pieces or something. I think it was limited to when she does the exploding herself.

It was silly, though. What's the limit then? She can just turn into a bomb and keep exploding until nobody around her is alive any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I doubt she'd be able to reconstruct if someone were to chop her into pieces or something. I think it was limited to when she does the exploding herself.

It was silly, though. What's the limit then? She can just turn into a bomb and keep exploding until nobody around her is alive any more.
    Are bomb even effective on strong people. Plus maybe you can hurt the pieces.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

My main issue about this topic are Mr. 5 and Gladius.

I mean, what happens if Mr 5 awakens his fruit??, can do all stuff Gladius can??, and what also happens if Gladius awakens his fruit as well??

I hate the awakening of devil fruits. A random power system getting more random. Devil fruits on them lonesome self are OK, but when you start comparing what they can do in a system way it is pretty case by case.
    Pokemon X

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information