+ Reply to Thread
Page 971 of 971 FirstFirst ... 471 871 921 961 969 970 971
Results 19,401 to 19,405 of 19405

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

I don't care about patterns. I'm all for switching up the formula, which is what Nami, Robin, Franky, and Jimbei did. I just want the joining moments/arcs of crew members to feel satisfactory. Which typically requires an appropriate amount of time and relevance dedicated to these characters. Unfortunately, I feel like Jimbei is lacking a bit in that department. I don't want another flashback for Jimbei because it fits a pattern so much as I feel he needs something to make his joining feel like it has appropriate payoff for how many years it took.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

That's interesting for a while, I was thinking he already did all the necessary things to be considered a strawhat. He will certainly get more very soon, but I am glad with what we already have.
    I am so happy to see a strawhat joining. When I caught up the series was already at Fishman Island so it's my first time seeing a new member join since I read One Piece weekly.

I am so hyped I got myself a little something this week end :D
    Spoiler:

When I go home after a good day of work, I get my key to open the door and I feel like Jinbe is proud of me.
    Funnily enough, with the same facial expression I feel like he is disappointed when I go home drunk at 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I am so happy to see a strawhat joining. When I caught up the series was already at Fishman Island so it's my first time seeing a new member join since I read One Piece weekly.
    Oh my, I have been following One Piece for like 17 years now, so a new Nakama is nothing new to me. But I always forget that there are newcomers.

The introduction of the east blue nakamas was obvious, because they were there from basically the very start, but I still have fond memories of all the other Nakamas
    The introduction of villain Vivi
    Adorable Chopper
    The tearful shock that Vivi declines to join
    The sudden surprise of Nico Robin (thanks for spoiling One Piece Opening 3)
    The vehement "who will join: Franky or Pauli" debates (I was Team Pauli by the way. I actually didn't start to like Franky until the timeskip)
    The hilarious Brook. Still can't get enough of all the skull jokes.
    And of course Jimbe's joining was a no brainer.

Also my secret hopes for Perona and Caesar to join. And my current NN wish is Zeus.

@RamistaR, if it makes you feel any better, when I caught up to the manga, Brook had just joined and the crew was headed to separation in a few chapters. It was a tough time to start reading weekly. I didn't know what it felt like having the Straw Hats weekly in my life until Fishman Island, much less slowly seeing a new one built up to join. Little did I know Jinbe was that guy even back then. What a foolish kid I was. At least I was firmly in the Jinbe camp during the stupid Shirahoshi vs. Jinbe debates at mangastream forums back in FI
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Why does Oda need to follow a pattern for new crew member’s. Isn’t it better that they have different way to join ?
    The worst part about the patterns that pop up in this thread is how arbitrary some of them are. Like what does and doesn't count as a notable introduction, or what family role they can take.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I was able to see both Franky and Brook join after getting caught up with the manga.
    Spoiler:
    I love them, but the 7-member crew will always have the best dynamic.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information