+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 900 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The Mountain That Drinks. Steven D. Teach's Avatar

Default Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

The old one is a bloated corpse. Mentions of AGOG on the last few pages was as good a reason as any to start a fresh one.

Also, "nakamate" was starting to wear thin with some. I like "new-mate". No problem with it that I can see.

A poll will be added later on. Have at it!

Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

I'll just get this out of the way: Jinbe for new-mate! ;)

Now let the dialogues re-commmence.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Eh:

Monet, Kinemon, Baby 5, and Law for nakama.

Go nuts.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Jinbe is really the only one we can be sure will be in.

Arguments could be made about Kinemon, but instinct tells me he'll be more of an ally. More than anything because he has yet to interact with Luffy, and Luffy is the one who ultimately invites people to the crew.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I don't want Kinemon to join, but after seeing his interactions with the SHs, especially Brook in the last chapter, I think it is a possibility. I'm not too happy about it, but it's definitely possible.

Kinemon just seems to be a major ally in the way East Blue had Johnny and Yosaku, BW had Vivi and Carue, Skypiea had Conis, and CP9 had Kokoro, Chimney, and Gonbe.

We all know the three-eyed girl from Big Mom's crew is gonna join anyways. She will fill the role of the psychic. She is Big Mom's actual daughter. Her sad past involves living with a mom like Big Mom, seeing all the horrible things she has done, and not being able to freely leave. Her dream is to escape and and make the world safe from Big Mom. This is where the Straw Hats come in and help her. She will fit in at around Robin and Franky's in terms of power. Her animal will be a goose and she will be the younger sister in the crew. Her interactions will involve her reading the crew's minds for kicks, revealing their horrible secrets - Chopper's rumble balls are full of steroids, Nami is actually bulimic, Brook's skeleton includes some bones that aren't actually his own, and the Zoro/Sanji doujins are actually happening during those periods between islands.

I'm bored.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Jinbe is a done deal, Bonney is just a personal wish

I'm hoping eventually all the Supernovas will gather under the Straw Hat flag, like the NW captains under Whitebeard.

Not a crew, but loyal allies.

After much conflict, disagreement, fights, and developing friendship of course.
    I love those type of story epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I'm hoping eventually all the Supernovas will gather under the Straw Hat flag, like the NW captains under Whitebeard.

If Luffy actually manages to unite the Supernovae, Kizaru should be defeated by the same quartet that he stomped.

Well, I expect some, but not all. Kid and Law have been shown to have similar dreams as Luffy, so they better stay to be Luffy's competitors. They'll be like Roger and WB and Shiki, each has his share of Superno-mate.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Kinemon just seems to be a major ally in the way East Blue had Johnny and Yosaku, BW had Vivi and Carue, Skypiea had Conis, and CP9 had Kokoro, Chimney, and Gonbe.

We all know the three-eyed girl from Big Mom's crew is gonna join anyways. She will fill the role of the psychic. She is Big Mom's actual daughter. Her sad past involves living with a mom like Big Mom, seeing all the horrible things she has done, and not being able to freely leave. Her dream is to escape and and make the world safe from Big Mom. This is where the Straw Hats come in and help her. She will fit in at around Robin and Franky's in terms of power. Her animal will be a goose and she will be the younger sister in the crew. Her interactions will involve her reading the crew's minds for kicks, revealing their horrible secrets - Chopper's rumble balls are full of steroids, Nami is actually bulimic, Brook's skeleton includes some bones that aren't actually his own, and the Zoro/Sanji doujins are actually happening during those periods between islands.

I'm bored.
    Well, that was fucking awesome.

I have never particularly cared about NN. Gogo Jinbe! If that little dragon happened to be Mononosuke (high chance, because it would also play on Kinemon's vehemence for dragons), I'd say Kinemon's chances do go up. However, he's not particularly ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL among the crew, so I'm pretty meh about him. Do we really need a third samurai? Brook has his own other things going for him, of which there are many.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagippio View Post
    Well, I expect some, but not all. Kid and Law have been shown to have similar dreams as Luffy, so they better stay to be Luffy's competitors. They'll be like Roger and WB and Shiki, each has his share of Superno-mate.
    I'm thinking the following.
    They'll be good rivals for a long time, but eventually ride Luffy's cock.
    In the traditional shounen manga cliche.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    If that little dragon happened to be Mononosuke (high chance, because it would also play on Kinemon's vehemence for dragons), I'd say Kinemon's chances do go up.
    Well, assuming that it was Momonosuke, it's not like he's dead. And there will be a cure for dragonhood, I'm sure.

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

I'm thinking the following.
    They'll be good rivals for a long time, but eventually ride Luffy's cock.
    In the traditional shounen manga cliche.

Or not.
    the old vegeta treatment ehhh

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

Well, Vegeta is the most famous one, but it goes way back to Kinnikuman that popularized it.
    In fact most of his friends and allies were brutal antagonists at some point.
    It's kinda interesting how most of the west aren't aware just how massive hit that manga was.
    Hell, the entire gyudon franchises becoming one of the biggest nation-wide fad really got kicked off by Kinnikuman.

Imagine if a cartoon series popularized taco joints to all of US, resulting in popularity of them today.

Dragon Ball just cashed in on the old Shounen Jump tradition.
    In fact, giving numerically inflated power stats was also from Kinnikuman tradition.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; September 21st, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

obviously sabo (bonney's brother) is the last nakamate

Sogeking for new-mate!

No new poll ? :(
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

the answer is Spaghetti! zachri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D. Teach View Post
    The old one is a bloated corpse. Mentions of AGOG on the last few pages was as good a reason as any to start a fresh one.

Also, "nakamate" was starting to wear thin with some. I like "new-mate". No problem with it that I can see.

A poll will be added later on. Have at it!
    So the old one was Moriah?
    I kid I kid Moriah is awesome

ALL OF THE NAKAMAAAAAAA!

Also should we make a new thread for 'Next Alliance Member' or should we include that here?
    If so then I wanna see Apoo in some sort of alliance with the Strawhats, if only for the Apoo and Brook interactions...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    No new poll ? :(
    Let us dance.
    AROUND THE POLL OF LIFE.
    AWW YI-
    Oh wait nevermind we got beaten to it.
    [/stares at Loki]

#SWAGLETON

That award wasn`t good for you, dude.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information