+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 688: Mocha

Default Re: Chapter 688: Mocha

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    You must just love naruto, its been like non-stop fighting for over a year now.
    no that manga is complete garbage. i like luffy and the crew being on adventures and not fighting but i don't like oda wasting so many pages on crappy characters i don't give a damn about.

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    Pretty bad chapter. We know that Mocha won't die, so why all the drama.
    Honestly, what a stupid comment. Luffy will become PK, Zoro will become WSS, let us just skip to the end

He didn't actually. And Pell survived a nuke.
    Well I was just kidding, but yeah. Pell's secret twin and whatever.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Well, shoot was hoping we'd get back to either Smoker V.S Vergo again or Luffy V.S Cc
    I'm not intrested in Chopper and the kiddies, while sad yes but well. Luffy and Sanji were pretty cool this chapter, now a break?? UGH, leave it to Oda for taking a break at the time when things are starting to get crazy

I hate breaks
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Since most of the times a chapter continues where it held off in the last chapter, i bet we will mostly see Luffy going to the R building or even already meeting CC.
    Either transition chapter, or half transition plus Kinemon's group.

Either way I chuckle at the idea of pissing off people who want nothing but fighting~

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Honestly, what a stupid comment. Luffy will become PK, Zoro will become WSS, let us just skip to the end
    How they will become pirate king and great swordsman is interesting. How Mocha will die - not (probably saved by Chopper). Do you understand the difference or should I paint a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfx View Post
    no that manga is complete garbage. i like luffy and the crew being on adventures and not fighting but i do mind oda wasting so many pages on crappy characters i don't give a damn about.
    So you want Oda to write the manga your way?

Quote Originally Posted by blackness662 View Post
    This was a pretty weak chapter.
    That's how I feel.
    I know that the kids are also important, but somehow I felt it boring.
    Too much flashback, and there are many interesting fights going on and we get this...
    And we will have a break as well.
    So I am disappointed.
    Too much flashback, there was like, 2-3 pages of flashbacks and that's too much? Wow.

Anyway, I felt sorry for Mocha and Chopper and Luffy is back again and he is going to kick some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    So you want Oda to write the manga your way?

no i'm giving my opinion and its you guys who can't stand when somebody disagrees. well i can understand since i used to be the same when i posted here regularly. this is still my fav manga though.

How they will become pirate king and great swordsman is interesting. How Mocha will die - not (probably saved by Chopper). Do you understand the difference or should I paint a picture?
    Mocha and the other kids' plot point in this arc is the series in a smaller scale. Yes, Mocha will get saved and the kids will get cured and they will go home to their parents. How is Luffy getting to his goal different from Mocha and the kids getting to their goal?

Your preference?

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    We dunno that for sure, Oda did kill off Sabo ya know.
    Nah, she'll definetely survive. To kill named kid, not in a flashback, from drug overdose? Highly doubtful.

After reading chapter I can admit that it was needed, if only to create a room for character development for Chopper.
    Luffy is already on his way, and he is already angry, so no point to make him angrier.
    But for Chopper this will be shining moment.

Exactly what 400 mille said, just because you find PK and WSS more interesting does not mean saving the children and the circumstances of it are not important for the arc. Do not confuse your opinion with facts.

yo Strelok

You do understand that the kids are a major plot-point of the current arc? You do realize that at one point the story *has* to focus on them as well instead of non-stop fighting? This is fucking One Piece we're talking about and it has always been like this- fascinating characters, a great plot and good fights.
    So instead of whining about the kids rather pay attention to Mochya's heroic sacrifice and show respect where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    Mocha and the other kids' plot point in this arc is the series in a smaller scale. Yes, Mocha will get saved and the kids will get cured and they will go home to their parents. How is Luffy getting to his goal different from Mocha and the kids getting to their goal?

Your preference?
    The manga is about pirates, not about sick kids. Plus I disliked the chapter, because it focused on things we already know - the kids are friends, CC is evil and wants to kill them. Last week's chapter was also not the best, now this and a break next week. Do I have to worship every chapter?

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Wow.
    It looks like everybody else liked or loved the chapter.

Everyone brought up some interesting and touching thing, but I think the time wasn't right for this kind of chapter.
    This chapter would be perfectly fine after the fights to add more drama to the events.
    I expected to see Smoker vs Vergo or Kinemon, Brook and Usopp vs CC henchmen or anything else.
    But not this.

So I am alone about this one.

Readddddddin' :D

Thanks a lot!

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

Quote Originally Posted by blackness662 View Post
    Wow.
    It looks like everybody else liked or loved the chapter.

Everyone brought up some interesting and touching thing, but I think the time wasn't right for this kind of chapter.
    This chapter would be perfectly fine after the fights to add more drama to the events.
    I expected to see Smoker vs Vergo or Kinemon, Brook and Usopp vs CC henchmen or anything else.
    But not this.

So I am alone about this one.
    You are not.

So someone expresses an opinion and everyone attacks him? At least I know I am in the right forum.

so is law going to have any big role in the upcoming fights or is he going to stay down admiring smokers butt and get back into the story after luffy captures ceasar?

Some of you surprise me.

It's like you would be fine if when strawhats arrived on the island we had one chapter show the bad guys and explain the kids situation.

Then spend 30 chapters watching the strawhats fight, while the kids sit on sidelines watching.

Then obviously you would bitch after the fighting was over cause you wouldn't like the chapters dealing with the kids sickness. You would bitch and say "move onto the next island already, damnit, throw some band aids on the kids and let smoker take them home"

The manga is about pirates, not about sick kids. Plus I disliked the chapter, because it focused on things we already know - the kids are friends, CC is evil and wants to kill them. Last week's chapter was also not the best, now this and a break next week. Do I have to worship every chapter?
    The manga is about pirates...yet (don't get me even started with what has happened in the 688 chapters). It used things we already know, and it's finally, at least the running around part, resolved. What - would have you got this chapter sooner or later? Last week's chapter is also a resolved chapter. These plot points were to be resolved sooner or later - what's the difference of getting them now?

We still have Kinemon's group, and Franky. What, would those chapters be crappy because of their relative non-usefulness to this "pirates manga"?

And whoever said you have to worship every chapter? The only reason I replied is because of how you apply your opinion to be an actual fact.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information