+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234
Results 4,661 to 4,672 of 4672

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

  1. #4661
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Tbh, in a fight between Saitama & Goku, the both of them would probably have a lot of fun, and that, honestly,

    Is way more interesting, entertaining, and giving to the spirit of both their manga than high-school lunch table/DEATH BATTLE/Outskirts Battledome style,
    "...WHO CAN BENCH PRESS THE MOSTTTT SCOUTER POWER LEVELS!!!!! watch my youtube vid !!! rate & subscribe"

    but hey, I'm 31 so maybe I've just aged out of being engaged by that aspect of fandom by now.
    Last edited by Silence; December 12th, 2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  2. #4662

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    In his own universe? Sure.

    You're applying a no-limits fallacy here though. Just because he's the strongest in his own universe does not mean he's the strongest in every universe. Again, his best feat to date isn't even planet level and Goku at the beginning of Super can wipe out universes. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt that he could withstand universal scale attacks (he can't), there's nothing stopping Goku from instant transmissioning him into deep space and leaving the rest to nature since we know Saitama can't breathe out there. Plenty of ways to kill him with hax or trickery even if you can't outright beat him with brute strength.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    That was a fan-fic.
    Damn it I said I wouldn't say anymore :(.... Anyway yes the no limits fallacy is the point, Saitama has no limit. No limit to his power means the universe he's in is irrelevant because infinite power is infinite power. I like DB but Saitamas entire character is about being unbeatable. His feats are based on the scale of the enemy he's facing, if he's fighting a planet buster then he uses that much strength to defeat it, if he was fighting a DB scale opponent then he'd output the necessary power to beat that opponent. He has no limit, his power defies logic and cant be measured because that's the point of his character.

    Now if we get something down the road that changes that, be it blast or something else then hey.... Till then he's unbeatable.
    Last edited by HaxeyeMihawk; December 12th, 2017 at 12:03 PM.

  3. #4663
    https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    Damn it I said I wouldn't say anymore :(.... Anyway yes the no limits fallacy is the point, Saitama has no limit. No limit to his power means the universe he's in is irrelevant because infinite power is infinite power. I like DB but Saitamas entire character is about being unbeatable. His feats are based on the scale of the enemy he's facing, if he's fighting a planet buster then he uses that much strength to defeat it, if he was fighting a DB scale opponent then he'd output the necessary power to beat that opponent. He has no limit, his power defies logic and cant be measured because that's the point of his character.

    Now if we get something down the road that changes that, be it blast or something else then hey.... Till then he's unbeatable.
    I disagree with you, and I could prove your no limits fallacy wrong with webcomic examples, but unfortunately this is the manga thread.

    I could name dozens of characters that would beat Saitama in a fight with very little difficulty. You don't necessarily have to overpower someone to beat them in a fight. He's far from "unbeatable".

  4. #4664

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    I disagree with you, and I could prove your no limits fallacy wrong with webcomic examples, but unfortunately this is the manga thread.

    I could name dozens of characters that would beat Saitama in a fight with very little difficulty. You don't necessarily have to overpower someone to beat them in a fight. He's far from "unbeatable".
    What web comic examples? I think you're really missing the bigger point of Saitama as a character. He hasn't even been shown to be able to be injured since he became bald.

  5. #4665
    https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    What web comic examples? I think you're really missing the bigger point of Saitama as a character. He hasn't even been shown to be able to be injured since he became bald.
    Warning, minor webcomic spoils:
    Spoiler:
    Garou dodging and even countering Saitama.


    There are plenty of ways to kill or incapacitate someone without physically injuring them.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; December 12th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.

  6. #4666

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Yeah uh, I'm personally not a fan of these cross-series power level arguments, but don't bring in spoilers from the webcomic if you need them to back up your side of the argument.

  7. #4667
    https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Yeah uh, I'm personally not a fan of these cross-series power level arguments, but don't bring in spoilers from the webcomic if you need them to back up your side of the argument.
    Not arguing. Just discussion.

    He asked me for them and I spoiler tagged them so others didn't have to read them if they didn't want to. But alright, I won't post anything additional from the webcomic.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; December 12th, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

  8. #4668

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Warning, minor webcomic spoils:
    Spoiler:
    Garou dodging and even countering Saitama.


    There are plenty of ways to kill or incapacitate someone without physically injuring them.
    Spoiler:
    Those examples are when Saitama isn't trying. As soon as he tries you get the scene after the table flip where Garou was getting pinballed

  9. #4669

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Warning, minor webcomic spoils:
    Spoiler:
    Garou dodging and even countering Saitama.


    There are plenty of ways to kill or incapacitate someone without physically injuring them.
    garou never di that..

  10. #4670
    https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    garou never di that..
    Uhm, yes he did? I'll PM you the pages of him doing so.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; December 15th, 2017 at 01:52 AM.

  11. #4671

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Uhm, yes he did? I'll PM you the pages of him doing so.
    Spoiler:
    The implication was that Saitama underestimated Garou so he just recalibrated how much speed he needed to output to beat him, it's not much different than when he fought Boros who he allowed to knock him around a bit. Point is that a scene like that holds little meaning because Saitama can always just output a little more speed or power to overpower his opponent. Remember when he punched Garou and was pleasantly surprised that Garou could continue? This doesn't mean there's a limit to Saitama strength however, this just means that the normal amount of power he would use while sandbagging would one shot a typical opponent wasn't quite enough output for Garou. The point behind that fight is that Saitama having bottomless strength and speed allows him to bypass his complete lack of technique because he can always just move faster and hit harder.

  12. #4672

    Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

    DB fans reached this thread? Oh no... i'm out...

    Saitama is infinitely stronger than Goku btw, so no discussion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts