+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 259 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 5163

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Am I the only one who thinks Blast might be a grown up Mob with full control of his powers?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I'm curious: Why does King keep the credit for Saitama's actions? Does he get pay well or something.

Satan from Dragon Ball got fame and money from it and enjoyed it. But King just seems genuinely terrified of where he is at and I am not sure why he plays along.
    It's probably the pay and the full on embarrassment of trying to explain why for years he's been taking credit. Could you imagine Tatsumaki learning King was a fake? Powerless guy? Someone who she actually kinda respected being just a scary looking nobody? She might kill him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    It's probably the pay and the full on embarrassment of trying to explain why for years he's been taking credit. Could you imagine Tatsumaki learning King was a fake? Powerless guy? Someone who she actually kinda respected being just a scary looking nobody? She might kill him lol.
    That's the thing I don't understand why take the credit for so long? If he did it for a month I'd get it. Time to realize what it really means and then bail out. But I'm not sure why he kept the charade going for so long when it seems to make his life stressful as hell, puts him in situations he hates and he doesn't seems to particularly enjoy it.

Does he get pay well tho? His appartment seems decent.

I mean Satan just had to pretend he killed Cell and lived a great life afterwards. King lives in a world where he can easily be target for his reputation, always 2 seconds from horrible death or being thrown into scary situation. And don't think we had indication he actually seek the benefits of the job. He just seems to go along with it because why not.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    But I'm not sure why he kept the charade going for so long when it seems to make his life stressful as hell, puts him in situations he hates and he doesn't seems to particularly enjoy it
    Was there not a chapter early on where he actually tried to come clean and the person in front of him laughed it off ? I can't remember exactly, but that would have been at least one attempt to address this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

It's really fill like one of those story things where the ongoing situation might makes sense but the actual beginning of it would never have happened.

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

The one thing that keeps King from being able to recant all of the monster kills attributed to him (as referenced by Seafarer33) is the very thing that caused all of those kills to be attributed to him in the first place: self-delusion. Eyewitness accounts placed King at the scene when powerful monsters were killed, not once, but on FIVE separate occasions. No one else on the scene took credit or looked "intimidating" enough to be considered the responsible party, so the Hero Association pretty much declared King to be the hero responsible. Since the Association is involved in demagoguery, they must practice some degree of cognitive dissonance in order to function. Furthermore the public by and large agrees to the Association's protection fees, meaning that they must justify the cost to themselves through some amount of cognitive dissonance. Facing the reality that they've been duped and defrauded by the Hero Association doesn't sit well as a result: look how angry people became with Neet when he suggested that the heroes weren't strong enough to protect them from the Deep Sea King.

Discrediting King for Saitama's activities requires more than just King's disavowal; everyone who has chosen to believe in King's strength up to this point must admit to being made a fool of. That is something their pride will not allow, even in the face of clear evidence presented rationally. It sort of goes back to the Anime Laws of Physics, where the villain can survive massive blood and organ loss without dying because the Reality Lobe of their brains have been damaged by Evil. If pride is seen as sinful, and sin is seen as something evil, then pride is logically capable of eroding the Reality Lobe of an (animated) individual's brain.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Blast might be a grown up Mob with full control of his powers?
    He may well be Orochi(who was a human at one point),whose timeline is still unclear.
    Spoiler:
    Original webcomics of course contradict this.
    ďWhen I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.Ē

Are you ready for the new chapter??? I can't wait!! Hype is real!

ONE PUNCH-MAN 138 RAW

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156636232178

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Check chapter 137 becouse Murata changed a lot of pages and added a few more!!

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156635656703

Chapter 97 translated, Child Emperor with those feats.

https://mangalife.us/read-online/One...97-page-1.html
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Hey!

...It's Brak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

No, it's Ha-K-N-I-G-H-T!

This chapter has me excited for Vega Punk in One Piece

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

"IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Can't we just consider that hundreds of pages each months is normal, and that every other mangakas are lazy ?

Started watching it but stopped after 20 chapters or so. Now I'm thinking about watching those series again from the start

Quote Originally Posted by troty View Post
    Started watching it but stopped after 20 chapters or so. Now I'm thinking about watching those series again from the start
    Sorry, what are you talking about? Or it's just bad english?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Can't we just consider that hundreds of pages each months is normal, and that every other mangakas are lazy ?
    Well, hundredS (plural) is a bit too much even for Murata, but you have no idea how much he works... no, it's not normal, he's simply a stakhanovite...

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    No I think Yusuke Murata is simply on another level than us mere mortals

It would be silly if engine Knight would not be that robot Child Emperor is facing.. I hope that this bit of action does not last too long..

Sweet Mask hype and Darhshine fight is very close.. I cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    It would be silly if engine Knight would not be that robot Child Emperor is facing.. I hope that this bit of action does not last too long..

Sweet Mask hype and Darhshine fight is very close.. I cannot wait.
    I'mm more interested in Tatsumaki situation sincd e she'll end up running Monster King.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information