+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 5717

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Caaaaaaaaallled it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    Waganma words kinda jinxed DK chances of winning.
    Against somebody less cocky, I could see that being a bad sign for Drive Knight but it seems just as likely to me that Nyan is going to learn very quickly how wide of a range there is when it comes to Class-S heroes. The shenanigans he used with Prisoner aren't going to fly with this opponent.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Short chapter though
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

What about Gearsper though, what's the deal with him? Fubuki even thought it was her sister, has he really that much potential? Wasted on Nyan, yes, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandorle21 View Post
    What about Gearsper though, what's the deal with him? Fubuki even thought it was her sister, has he really that much potential? Wasted on Nyan, yes, but still...
    My guess?

He probably doesn't have as much potential as tatsumaki, and it's more a ding on Fubuki's perception of how strong her sister is.

Webcomic spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Fubuki utilizes a technique in a later fight she believes is a unique way of fighting that her sis hasn't figured out, but Tatsumaki learned this technique naturally as a child and weaponized it as a powerful attack. Tatsumaki is just on a completely different level that I don't think that Fubuki can really understand how much of a gap there is

The way i read it his full raw strength poured out in one desperate attack is probably on the same level as what Tatsumaki does on the regular. I mean she could tell it wasn't her sis, but it is an honest assumption to make when such an attack just suddenly flares up

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    My guess?

He probably doesn't have as much potential as tatsumaki, and it's more a ding on Fubuki's perception of how strong her sister is.

Webcomic spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Fubuki utilizes a technique in a later fight she believes is a unique way of fighting that her sis hasn't figured out, but Tatsumaki learned this technique naturally as a child and weaponized it as a powerful attack. Tatsumaki is just on a completely different level that I don't think that Fubuki can really understand how much of a gap there is
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The way i read it his full raw strength poured out in one desperate attack is probably on the same level as what Tatsumaki does on the regular. I mean she could tell it wasn't her sis, but it is an honest assumption to make when such an attack just suddenly flares up
    Probably both, i agree.

Spoiler:
    On one side, damn good showing from Drive Knight! On the other side, I'm kind of sad, too. Nyan was such a fun character.
    We all float down here!

Ok, i have to admit... that was cool. Sorry Genos, but you've been outclassed in coolness...

Damn that was entertaining. One of those chapters where you wish it was colored.

Also unexpected Drive Knight coolness. I thought he would have a hard time matching Genos' weapons and an even harder time competing with Metal Knights huge Battle Robots, but he found a sweet spot between both.

Sigh, I wish we would still have madhouse to animate all of this at one point.

Edit: Just one thing I didn't get, at which point did he apply the acid to Nyan's face?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    On the other side, I'm kind of sad, too. Nyan was such a fun character.
    It's still possible that he slipped out of his fur coat unnoticed. Like he shed his first layer of skin or something, giving him that hairless cat look.

Spoiler:

I mean, this was a bit too easy, no?

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Edit: Just one thing I didn't get, at which point did he apply the acid to Nyan's face?
    From how I interpret it, the acid was poured into the surrounding holes beforehand (perhaps during the doughnuts).

I find it a bit weird and interesting at same time that in one form Engine Knight looks like robotic version of Carnage Kabuto - I would love to see those two fight each other. In other scene EK looked quite alike Boros.

Beside that Engine Knight seem to be absurdly strong, one of top tier S-class heroes. I am up to date with Webcomic and even with that in mind, taking out Dragon tier Monster without getting any visible damage is big feat that only few of S-class are capable of.

It was very cool to see Engine Knight fight but I would love to see more from him against stronger monster.

Btw I feel like Murata will change some pages as cool factor in this chapter was very, very high.
    Last edited by Watch-man; October 5th, 2019 at 01:42 AM.

Nyan ability to fit anywhere is such a visually pleasing power.

A hero being effective is so rare in this manga I expect Nyan to come alive next chapter or escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    It's still possible that he slipped out of his fur coat unnoticed. Like he shed his first layer of skin or something, giving him that hairless cat look.
    Or, he could have 9 lives. Would be fitting for a cat monster.

And yeah, entertaining chapter !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Nyan ability to fit anywhere is such a visually pleasing power.

A hero being effective is so rare in this manga I expect Nyan to come alive next chapter or escape.
    Well, since now, pretty much every S class hero has been effective. The only monsters that can put up a fight and maybe even win against an S class are only dragon level and some high demons, and they are very rare. Even A class are supposed to be very effective, because if you think about it, the extreme majority of monsters that appear in the world are always tiger level at best, it's just that we don't see them.

Btw, after seeing this fight, personally, i don't know if i would rate Nyan as a dragon level. I mean, i don't know... dragon is supposed to be near Boros or Orochi level, and while i could see that with other cadres like Black Sperm, Homeless Emperor, Overgrown Rover and others, i don't really see it with Nyan. A single class S hero (unless it's Tatsumaki or Blast) shouldn't be able to kill a dragon level threat like Drive Knight did with Nyan, it seemed too easy. Even Puri Puri Prisoner, who is still supposed to be the weakest of the S class, didn't have that many problems with Nyan, thanks to the Bristle Armor.
    UNLESS..... Nyan is still alive....
    Last edited by Mandorle21; October 5th, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Universing Misunderstandal

A dragon level threat only need be perceived as powerful enough to be a threat to multiple cities.
    Anyone who can't catch Nyan or withstand his building mincing claws gets wrecked.
    It was a poor match-up, hitting something closer to Darkshine's durability with an Incinerate! sphere that can be reach within Drive Knight's body.

Likely would have done significant damage to anyone with exposed flesh and Genos, that doesn't have a black luster or a psychic barrier.
    PPP's Bristly Hair upgrade most likely would not protect him if Nyan was willing to get closer to him.

Besides, Flash basically one-shots both of the Ninja Demons, only delaying to ensure he gets them both in the same strike.

Even later,
    Spoiler:
    Silver Fang plows through Gums and Fuhrer Ugly.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Well, since now, pretty much every S class hero has been effective. The only monsters that can put up a fight and maybe even win against an S class are only dragon level and some high demons, and they are very rare. Even A class are supposed to be very effective, because if you think about it, the extreme majority of monsters that appear in the world are always tiger level at best, it's just that we don't see them.

Btw, after seeing this fight, personally, i don't know if i would rate Nyan as a dragon level. I mean, i don't know... dragon is supposed to be near Boros or Orochi level, and while i could see that with other cadres like Black Sperm, Homeless Emperor, Overgrown Rover and others, i don't really see it with Nyan. A single class S hero (unless it's Tatsumaki or Blast) shouldn't be able to kill a dragon level threat like Drive Knight did with Nyan, it seemed too easy. Even Puri Puri Prisoner, who is still supposed to be the weakest of the S class, didn't have that many problems with Nyan, thanks to the Bristle Armor.
    UNLESS..... Nyan is still alive....
    Dragon level has a very large range. You have Near god level Dragons like Boros then you have low dragons such as Bakuzan. This was illustrated in the skirmish between Goketsu and Bakuzan, both were dragons but Goketsu was so much more powerful than bakuzan that he could effortlessly beat bakuzan with one hand. Nyan is probably stronger than Bakuzan but of course he's nowhere near Boros.

Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    Dragon level has a very large range. You have Near god level Dragons like Boros then you have low dragons such as Bakuzan. This was illustrated in the skirmish between Goketsu and Bakuzan, both were dragons but Goketsu was so much more powerful than bakuzan that he could effortlessly beat bakuzan with one hand. Nyan is probably stronger than Bakuzan but of course he's nowhere near Boros.
    Yes, ok, but at this point would you say that the Sea King is that much weaker than Nyan? I don't really think so, it almost feels like he was even stronger than Nyan, since Genos basically lost to him, and he's an S class. So, it's either Drive Knight who's VERY strong, or Nyan is literally the weakest dragon we've seen so far. Definitely the weakest of the cadres at least.

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    Even later,
    Spoiler:
    Silver Fang plows through Gums and Fuhrer Ugly.
    Spoiler:
    I know that, but first, Bang is top 3 S class, basically the strongest if we don't count the freaks of nature Tatsumaki and Blast, and second, if i remember correctly, Bang had to do that "breathing technique" that allows him to go full power, but damaging his own body at the same time, basically he had to go all out 100% to do that, so i don't think it's the same thing

Yes, ok, but at this point would you say that the Sea King is that much weaker than Nyan? I don't really think so, it almost feels like he was even stronger than Nyan, since Genos basically lost to him, and he's an S class. So, it's either Drive Knight who's VERY strong, or Nyan is literally the weakest dragon we've seen so far. Definitely the weakest of the cadres at least.

Spoiler:
    I know that, but first, Bang is top 3 S class, basically the strongest if we don't count the freaks of nature Tatsumaki and Blast, and second, if i remember correctly, Bang had to do that "breathing technique" that allows him to go full power, but damaging his own body at the same time, basically he had to go all out 100% to do that, so i don't think it's the same thing
    Isn't he only an S class cause they thought he handled the Mosquito and House of Evolution?

He mostly seems at best a high A or low S.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information