+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

King of the Dead, huh Silverblade's Avatar

Default Re: Onepunch-Man

One-punchman is fun and that is all that matters. And no, you can't take it seriously. It pretty much the same over the top parody of tokusatsu superheroes as Kinnikuman. Only with Murata's more detailed, realism oriented art to suit the deadpan humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Where are you viewing more chapters?
    Originally Onepunch-man was a webcomic done by the writer, One, alone. It has run independently for some years, I believe. At some point One got noticed by Murata Yuusuke. They collaborated on two one shots that were published this year in Young Jump.

Onepunch-man is their latest project with Murata doing the art now. It's published in the online spinoff of Young Jump, Tonari no Young Jump. 17 chapters are out already.
    Last edited by Silverblade; November 11th, 2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Lazily copied the post from another thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    One-punchman is fun and that is all that matters. And no, you can't take it seriously. It pretty much the same over the top parody of tokusatsu superheroes as Kinnikuman. Only with Murata's more detailed, realism oriented art to suit the deadpan humor.

Originally Onepunch-man was a webcomic done by the writer, One, alone. It has run independently for some years, I believe. At some point One got noticed by Murata Yuusuke. They collaborated on two one shots that were published this year in Young Jump.

Onepunch-man is their latest project with Murata doing the art now. It's published in the online spinoff of Young Jump, Tonari no Young Jump. 17 chapters are out already.
    thanks for the link! obviously I don't understand what they say in this version, but it's fine to look at it anyways!
    this manga is just brilliant, I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Hey man thanks for the link!! this manga is so good and as a big fan of murata art i'm enjoying so much.

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7157-0203/One Piece Treasure Cruise ID: 302.949.778

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Good thinking. I'm also in love, but with your avatar and sub-title haha. SO CWUTE

That would suck so much :O
    Lol thanks, I didn't think it'd go over this well. hahahahahaha

Honestly I'm hoping for a character to actually give him some trouble? is that wrong of me to want this to take a serious turn? Even if only for a moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
    Lol thanks, I didn't think it'd go over this well. hahahahahaha

Honestly I'm hoping for a character to actually give him some trouble? is that wrong of me to want this to take a serious turn? Even if only for a moment?
    That baby Husky is just too cute to hate. Although I too assumed Robby would kill you LOL and yes it's wrong of you :D
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Chapter 12, and 13 are out.
    This is my new favorite manga.
    Spoiler:
    Hammerhead for President.

This is pretty much the kind of series Shonen Jump needs badly, not more generic battle series with wacky powers.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

The original webcomic can be found here:
    http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/

Looking at some of these gave me a whole different kind of laugh.

The art is so damn good.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post

Well uh... It's quite safe to say that what we have is a massive improvement! Might be fun to look through those and see if there's any hints for upcoming events, though.

~Salame

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

I've only read 1 chapter but this is PRECISELY the kind of new shounen I want more of. It's a shame that I am not a sports manga fan because Murata does gorgeous art. In Murata's defence I am the biggest Toriyama fan I know irl but no matter how I try I cannot get into Dr. Slump (partly because the lack of scans lol) Thus I am really glad I can get properly into a Murata manga this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    I've only read 1 chapter but this is PRECISELY the kind of new shounen I want more of. It's a shame that I am not a sports manga fan because Murata does gorgeous art. In Murata's defence I am the biggest Toriyama fan I know irl but no matter how I try I cannot get into Dr. Slump (partly because the lack of scans lol) Thus I am really glad I can get properly into a Murata manga this time.
    I wasn't a fan of sports manga either. But Eyeshield 21 is still one of my top favorites..Made me even like football more. Murata is the type of artist I could only hope to be.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Might be fun to look through those and see if there's any hints for upcoming events, though.
    More like you'd be looking at the actual incoming events. Murata's basically redrawing the comic so if you look at the later chapters, you'll most likely be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post

LOL it's exactly the SAME stuff but now we have amazing art. And it's good to know that we have at least material for 87 chapters!

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

It's strange I could get back into Eyeshield 21 if I really wanted to, except I wouldn't be interested in the details such as how American Football works, it would be more about the interaction of characters and the flow of the game. I might give it another go once I have caught up to Magi and completed Majin Tantei lol

I can't wait for Bon-Mansam to show up.

Hot damn I'm loving this chapter 13.

Spoiler:

And
    Spoiler:

~My Harem, S-Rank~

The ninja's a guy, right? I thought it was a girl for a while there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    Man, woman, who cares!? Sure, they love show tunes, but who doesn't?

This is a very fun series. I love the concept of a hero who doesn't let enemies shout out what attacks they are gonna use and blabber on endlessly about their tragic childhood. "Summarize it in 10 words or less!" Instead, one-punch to the skull, that's it!

gave a quick look to some chapters of the original web comic to see what's coming in future chapters, gotta say I'm excited, this will be great

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information