+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 294 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5880

Thread: Seven Deadly Sins

Default Re: Seven Deadly Sins

Honestly i think it kind of fits Ban not to be the strongest. Other than the arm wrestling matches with Meliodas, I don't think I have ever seen anyhting that suggests that he cares about being powerful. Ultimately what does power mean to an immortal?

You can not kill him. He just keeps coming back until he finishes the job.

-------
    Edit:

Having said that I am betting that his sacred treasure takes away the limits of how much physical ability he can steal and/or allows him to steal non physical things like spirit or magic power.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

It's out in pt already.
    Spoiler:
    Gowther's heart was inside him all a long, a bit cliché but not bad. And if Diane's power is proportional to her shrinkage she should easily reach 50000 when in full size, if it matters anyway.

Spoiler:
    I'll miss Robo-Gowther.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I am not making THAT reference...
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I am not making THAT reference...
    Huh...What are you. Oh son of a bitch!

All the emotional value of this chapter is lost on me because I simply can't buy the Seven Sins as being a group of friends. More like colleagues, but with few exceptions, I I don't see them being that close.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

I would love to see Diane vs Derriere in a hand to hand combat, it could be one of the best fights in the series.
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

A chapter of Nanatsu Gakuen, huh?

I feel that Gowther dropped a little on my list of endearing characters. Hope he gets some crude spotlight from time to time again.

Who was the enemy again?

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Gowther's "Pew Pew" is the chapter highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Predictable yet underwhelming considering he and Escanor are the only ones without a cool power up, and well Escanor is Escanor so he decides about his power up.
    Actually the sun decides when he powers up XD.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    All the emotional value of this chapter is lost on me because I simply can't buy the Seven Sins as being a group of friends. More like colleagues, but with few exceptions, I I don't see them being that close.
    It doesn't help that 3 of them really haven't been im story too long so we haven't have longer group arcs with a full team interaction. I'd buy Meliodas, Diane, Ban amd King. Gowther is on the edge but Merlin and Escanor are super OP and haven't had much none combat time.

All the sins are socially inept or pariahs even among its own people (and then we have Merlin who is just manipulative) Its normal that they dont have a "jolly nakamas" feeling about them.

The most sociopathics the Sins are, the better.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The most sociopathics the Sins are, the better.
    There is nothing out of character about finding camaraderie with those who share your same strengths and weaknesses. I'd say it is a basic human reaction.

Taking it a step further Love and camaraderie is one of the driving forces behind this story. At this point it at least seems that Meliodas gave up his near absolute power to be with the woman he loved. Ban is willing to throw almost anything away to be with the woman he loves. Diane overcame a complete memory wipe, and now Gowther has too. Escanor overcame his power's greatest weakness by loving Merlin. Pretty much the only ones who haven't had a I love you moment are Merlin and King, though I see the signs of each in the interactions with Escanor and Diane respectively. You could even say that King's power up came from not letting his emotions run too wild.

Long and short of it is that emotions, friendship, connections are really what the story has been built on. Can't see how it would be a bad thing for them to really be friends and rely on each other.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless_Bum View Post
    There is nothing out of character about finding camaraderie with those who share your same strengths and weaknesses. I'd say it is a basic human reaction.

Taking it a step further Love and camaraderie is one of the driving forces behind this story. At this point it at least seems that Meliodas gave up his near absolute power to be with the woman he loved. Ban is willing to throw almost anything away to be with the woman he loves. Diane overcame a complete memory wipe, and now Gowther has too. Escanor overcame his power's greatest weakness by loving Merlin. Pretty much the only ones who haven't had a I love you moment are Merlin and King, though I see the signs of each in the interactions with Escanor and Diane respectively. You could even say that King's power up came from not letting his emotions run too wild.

Long and short of it is that emotions, friendship, connections are really what the story has been built on. Can't see how it would be a bad thing for them to really be friends and rely on each other.
    Not trying to sound like a dick here, but tf that had to do with anything I said?
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Not a big fan of the sins being great friends now. I liked how they were a group of misfits with their own history and with different level of interactions.

I mean most of the sins have no idea who Gowther was under her armor. King did not like Ban. Melio and Ban were pals with Diane being infatuated with Melio. King respects his captain.

I largely prefer the sins as bunch of individuals that kind of works well together than the close friends they suddenly seems to be.

I don't like the the shonen rules of anyone who exist in a group are friends witth everyone in the group.I liked that they were people that worked with each others and that their relations were varied as a result. I liked that some are dicks and some have decent human values. Ieven loved their screw sense of times due to their varied lifespan. But now they are just a bunch of friends and all good guys.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

There's nothing wrong with a group of misfits growing to become real friends that have each others back. This is what character development's for.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a group of misfits growing to become real friends that have each others back. This is what character development's for.
    They spent the last 10 years apart and the chapter presented it more as them having always been good friends rather than it being recent development.

I would say character development is for a lot of things. But I was mostly referring to my own preferrences and while not a fan of the change dynamics some works for example I like Ban and King new relation .

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information