+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Deadly Sins

Default Re: Seven Deadly Sins

Abs armor is the best armor.
    Seems like things will get big really fast, curious how everything will turn out to be.

Ban's personality seems like it'd lend itself to easily accruing some 'Greed is best sin' declarations down the road.

the answer is Spaghetti! zachri's Avatar

...is this the sort of thing I'd like or run and hide at?
    IT SOUNDS SO INTERESTING yet that beatdown made me go 'oh. does it get more violent? I hope not...'

#SWAGLETON

So this is not the succesor of magico anymore? great! because im really enjoing this manga.

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7157-0203/One Piece Treasure Cruise ID: 302.949.778

Just read the ch15 raw man the series is pretty great.

Spoiler:
    We get to see some friendly ban vs meliodas action. Seriously the group dynamic between the deadly sins is pretty fun, can't wait to see how it evolves as more members show up.

Shipmate

Nakaba really doesn't shy away from character development this early on. Elizabeth stole the chapter for herself and so far does extremely well to break away from the fantasy princess archetype.

Meliodas and Ban are great as well. I think it's safe to bet Baste Dungeon won't be standing by the end of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    ...is this the sort of thing I'd like or run and hide at?
    IT SOUNDS SO INTERESTING yet that beatdown made me go 'oh. does it get more violent? I hope not...'
    Not too much. Nakaba Suzuki's style is too be the most extreme and manly about his art and characters but his works still fit pretty well to appeal to cozy shonen demographic. Kongou Banchou, his magnum opus, would be a prime example of what to expect, but surely you have read that. Surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Elizabeth has taken more physical damage in 5 pages than Nami has in almost 700 chapters.

And that's pretty damn sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    Robin was badly beaten by Spandam too.

One Piece has become a little soft since the timeskip. We may not see these kind of shocking violence moments anymore.
    ...I swear, you "One Piece is not the same" people or whatever this was about.

If the author has a really good plan for where he wants to take the story(unlike with kongou banchou which got somewhat messy towards the end) this could become pretty exceptional in my opinion. I don't know though if it's popularity could be limited due the magazin it's published in or whatnot other factors.

But yeah again it has the foundations for something really good.

RAW Chap 16-17
    http://raw.senmanga.com/Nanatsu_no_Taizai/16/
    http://raw.senmanga.com/Nanatsu_no_Taizai/17/
    If someone has the translation TELL ME NOW!

Sorry for the double post, but...well it has been 8 hours.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/157746/...y_red-hawk-neo
    Chapter 16.
    Why nobody came in 7 days?

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

This manga is so great.

Just clean uncomplicated fun every chapter.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Just caught up, this series has a lot of potential.
    Sixten chapters into it and we already got more than enough hints for several subplots, great character development, nice armour designs and powerlevels that - despite the initial premise - don't seem to fluctuate as much as I expected.

This actually reminded me to finally complete Kongou Banchou as well.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    powerlevels that - despite the initial premise - don't seem to fluctuate as much as I expected.
    I don't know about that... In the last raw Greed was about to
    Spoiler:
    throw a kamehameha but was stopped by Melodias. I think we should expect crazy power scalation in the future.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    I don't know about that... In the last raw Greed was about to
    Spoiler:
    throw a kamehameha but was stopped by Melodias. I think we should expect crazy power scalation in the future.
    It was executed well till now, I remain slightly optimistic.
    I more or less think this series will stand or fall with the execution of its subplots, though. We have tons of hints already and I could see the scope of this series getting very big. The way he handles the fact that Melodias never ages, for example.
    I am also thinking about the potential role of magic in this story and Elizabeth's role as she can't stay completely defenseless forever.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    It was executed well till now, I remain slightly optimistic.
    I more or less think this series will stand or fall with the execution of its subplots, though. We have tons of hints already and I could see the scope of this series getting very big. The way he handles the fact that Melodias never ages, for example.
    I am also thinking about the potential role of magic in this story and Elizabeth's role as she can't stay completely defenseless forever.
    Is it just me, or does it seem like none of the Sins age, at least Greed and Envy don't seem that different from the flashbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Just read chapter 19 and the new info sets up some potential (past)character arcs pretty nicely.
    Spoiler: What it sets up
    Spoiler:
    It seems that the 7 sins basically have some of their powers from committing some kind of sin. So we may get some emotional character's past arcs.

Spoiler:Specifically about Ban and King
    Spoiler:
    The example of one such thing is of ban having killed the spring of life's holy maiden(his expression is rather dark by the mention of this so that could mean a lot of things from guilt to just having it that way for dramatic effect.). Seems like that's how he got his immortal body(which also is his other nickname) that can heal from everything. This is stuff coming from king another one of the sins that changed a lot(the fat guy) so ban doesn't recognize him.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; February 28th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

So Hork's name is actually Hawk... pitty, I liked Hork better...

Nice pair of cooldown chapters to recover from 15's manshake between Meliodas and Ban.

Incidentally, I like to believe that the shockwave from that manshake had something to due with the domain name burp we had a month ago.

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7157-0203/One Piece Treasure Cruise ID: 302.949.778

Awesome chapter. So it seems King did indeed revert to a childlike form based on his appearance in the flashback and how Ban didn't even recognize him.

And judging from Ban mistaking that girl for "Elle", and his words of "a real sin can't be erased", followed by King saying "you already know that pretty well", I bet that this "Elle" was someone important to both King and Ban, and Ban somehow is responsible for her death

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information