+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 288 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Shokugeki no Soba is a「Thread」where the title won't change as you expect

Default Re: Shokugeki no Soma

Souma going feeding sadist is probably one of the things I enjoy about this xD.

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...oma-5-Raw-Scan

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

A trans is out too already
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/eru13/releases/36561

Another solid chapter, albeit with a standard plot/chracters, which isn't a bad thing.

I'm just crossing my fingers hoping this manga won't take a harem route in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm just crossing my fingers hoping this manga won't take a harem route in the future.
    We all know what's coming.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Judging by the amount of female characters from chapter 4, relatively to the male.

I can predict that, at some point of this series, there will be at least 4-5 girls who fall for Soma

A trans is out too already
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/eru13/releases/36561

Another solid chapter, albeit with a standard plot/chracters, which isn't a bad thing.

Dude is a badass, and his skills make girls (and guys) have orgasm by eating his food.

Sorry bro, he's pretty much guaranteed to have a small army of girls hungry for his co....oking.

Yeah...I'd probably love the guy if I had his cooking too. (Wonder if the series has enough guts to go gay guy route? I mean a guy as part of the harem, not Soma as gay. That'd be a first in a shonen harem for me). Just gotta adjust is all.

Luckily Soma is very enjoyable and gives off such a good shonen protagonist vibe.
    Last edited by Gizmo; December 20th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: lol at harem joke Aohige
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

LMAO this series is refreshingly hilarious

I love their tandem. Still no harem thing yet, though. And yeah, Souma really is Luffy in a cooking manga.

Reminds me of yakitate japan

Quote Originally Posted by hmc317 View Post
    Reminds me of yakitate japan
    I want to thank you for mentioning this. This manga is SO much fun!

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Yakitate is the best cooking manga in my opinion. Sure it totally goes off the deep end after and during the Monaco arc but I think it has a great combination of absurdity and seriousness. The characters are decent, the plot is ludicrous but enjoyable and it's somehow all about BREAD.

Well, this year I broke my rule of "not before chapter 100" with AssClass, Barrage and this one.

It's the down to earth version of Toriko, with actual real food. Let's see how it goes.

The raw and trans for chapter 6 is out.

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...oma-6-Raw-Scan
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/eru13/releases/36629

Spoiler:
    I've been pretty much reading Yakitate constantly these past few nights, and yet this chapter's reactions still got a laugh out of me. I complained about turning the ecchi-fanservice down a bit for feeling "perverted", but it really gives the manga its own unique identity. It seems wrong now to ask for that. And it's funny.

Plus the art is really pretty. Those detailed background shots in the beginning of the chapter were really nice.

Please Shonen Jump. Keep this one around.
    Last edited by Gizmo; December 29th, 2012 at 02:42 AM.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Chapter 6 was as solid as any before it. Which seems like a redundant statement, but man, Saeki's art's been working crazy overtime on keeping this looking as good as possible, huh

Spoiler:
    Also, the old lady Fumio's reaction is easily in my top three now, along with the honey and gorilla/knee-buckler one

Chapter 6 is out.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/149043/..._by_casanova/4

Spoiler:
    I realize I seem to nitpick something each time I post here, but I do hope this series succeeds. With the set up, this series can last awhile if the writer knows how to utilize the material well.

Hopefully next chapter starts a new arc or at least introduces new rivals/fun characters. A chapter of just Soma cooking something and having someone realizing how special his cooking is can only happen so many times before it gets stale (though I'm still enjoying it).

That ending scene though was pretty funny. Feel so bad for her.
    Last edited by Gizmo; December 31st, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

So far, I want this series to survive.

....and be added to SJA when it expands. Sure, the orgasms probably mean that it's not happening, but a SJA subscriber can dream, right?

Eh, shonen protagonist have to get a few early easy wins before the challenge starts, besides, next week is the introduction to the roomates.

Ahahaha, I cracked up at the
    "I got some 'golden colored tea'!" "Yay! golden colored tea!"

Underground brewing in a dorm FTW.

This chapter gave me major university vibes for various reasons.

Spoiler:
    Also did I get that right that erina isn't number one but ten? Well when I think about it's somewhat obvious. Wouldn't be the top school if they don't have any students that could beat her when she haven't even attended it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information