+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 342 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 6826

Thread: Food Wars? More like "Belongs in the Trash"

Default Re: Food Wars? More like "Belongs in the Trash"

Remember when this was a cooking manga?

Spoiler:
    This equipping skills thing is stupid. And of course her actual cooking gets skipped over. Points for standing up for Erina.

Honestly I just want someone to call the cops on him. He lied about his credentials, is trying to date a high schooler, kidnapped her and well is basically scum. I don't know why anyone is agreeing to anything he says or does. It's so annoying.

That would be a nice conclusion, just before the final shokugeki, the cops come and he gets taken away for his actual crimes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Isn't this entire tournament festering with criminals? I'd imagine Asahi is relatively low on the totem pole all things considered even if he's just a big dick

Anyway great chapter. I don't even remember David Rice's super skill other than being American. And Megumi is going to get eliminated without an actual seen victory in an actual seen battle to anyone that actually mattered. Like Christ, the closest thing you could say was a victory was the David Rice doppelganger, and even that one wasn't a direct head to head comparison of dishes?

Well supposedly they aren't criminals. They just happen to cook for people who are.

Not much better but eh.

They could get him for something random. Like cross contamination, or tax evasion.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

He did fake his identity to get to the school bust him on that.

Mr Asahi, by charge of lusting after a 16y/o with the body of a 22y/o super model and the mind of a socially akward 27y/o you are under arrest.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Well supposedly they aren't criminals. They just happen to cook for people who are.

Not much better but eh.
    Nah I think during Aldini's fight, there were actual Yakuza or something there. Or maybe I'm forgetting because everything's blurring together.

No, wait, it might've been the Tsukasa v Asahi fight
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; March 9th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

Skipping any bit of her cooking feels more criminal than any of these stupid chefs, including Asahi.

Was hoping this chapter would alleviate any negatives I had, but it went about how I expected.

Spoiler:
    Megumi was done dirty. Heck, the match against claw guy made the match against the other person look great by comparison. At least in that match there was some sort of build up and relevance to her background, as little as there was. Here, she takes out a minion introduced in the same chapter, then next chapter gets taken out like a chump. I could've given some respect of she was shown to give some competition, make the judges think a little before giving Asahi the victory. Nope, sorry Megumi it was good but you're nothing compared to this guy and your story arc is completely irrelevant and never got proper closure. Christ I thought the Azami stuff was the worst part but this is really pissing me off with how Megumi's character ended up, and practically all other characters not Soma, irrelevant and never given proper closure to their arcs.

I want to give the positive part of Megumi getting angry, but no, what happens after that just makes her showing resolve all the more infuriating. She was obviously never going to win against the antagonist but at least have the decency of having her put up a fight, not this.

This series is trash now

We're really going to disrespect Megumi that badly?

We're approaching Glossy Black levels if not at least The Heart levels of bad now if we're not already there.

Hahaha what the actual

Absolute trash. What a waste.

I don't get it. Half the people that come into this thread, are only here to shit on the manga. Yet you're still reading it. Chill the fuck out, we're gonna find out that there's some vague connection between Soma and Erina's mum and that this was the destiny the author hinted towards at the very beginning of the manga anyway. There's yet to be a manga in WSJ that I've not seen people complain about. Given that the magazine is aimed at 10 year olds, perhaps the problem isn't the material, but rather you. Move on, it's time for you to start reading more mature stuff, perhaps it's time for to switch to light novels.
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

This manga has a very last arc feel with how much stuff has been skipped over. It's disappointing like Naruto and Bleach. Started off strong and started to crumble. Naruto not fully a disaster. But it definitely feels like Bleach's last arc. It's not new for people to stick with a series to see how it'll end after reading it for years.

Skipping actual cooking over random powerups when the series was largely based on cooking people could actually do with high difficulty. These gimmicky utensil stealing powers don't make any sense. It's not like Subasa who was gifted and a stalker. This takes it into a realm that suspension of disbelief doesn't work.

Occassionally in this arc something promising happens then it's speed through. What's good to say about it at this point? The magazine is aimed at 10 year olds but this wasn't a series that felt that way. High end gourmet cooking plus foodgasms? This leans older.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Hearing how bad the quality dropped I do wonder if it is even worth it to start reading from the beginning now.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    I don't get it. Half the people that come into this thread, are only here to shit on the manga. Yet you're still reading it. Chill the fuck out, we're gonna find out that there's some vague connection between Soma and Erina's mum and that this was the destiny the author hinted towards at the very beginning of the manga anyway. There's yet to be a manga in WSJ that I've not seen people complain about. Given that the magazine is aimed at 10 year olds, perhaps the problem isn't the material, but rather you. Move on, it's time for you to start reading more mature stuff, perhaps it's time for to switch to light novels.
    There can be needless shit posting about a series that can be exacerbating to see. Heck, I know at a certain point in the Bleach section I gave up giving actual critical analysis just to do that. That said, there is a difference between that and giving actual criticism of the series for what could have been done better. My point with Megumi wasn't something that I was just hoping would happen, but something that was set up near the start of the series. We were given the start of her character and she was slowly built up over time, but when the ball is dropped and her final moments of character development are not given proper time then I think it's fair to criticize that. If I was getting tired of the foodgasms part or thought it was unnecessary that would be more growing out of that part. Just because it's for a younger audience doesn't mean that story and character development should be skipped. Plenty of entertainment meant for kids that have good story that can still be appealing to people much older.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Hearing how bad the quality dropped I do wonder if it is even worth it to start reading from the beginning now.
    If you don't mind watching the anime, I think you can watch the first two seasons and enjoy it quite a bit. There will still be a sense of there's more to the journey, but when I watched it back when it came out it gave satisfactory feeling and I could've easily ended it there.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    If you don't mind watching the anime, I think you can watch the first two seasons and enjoy it quite a bit. There will still be a sense of there's more to the journey, but when I watched it back when it came out it gave satisfactory feeling and I could've easily ended it there.
    Yeah I think I'm gonna watch the anime, since I watched the first 2-3 episodes months ago already.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information