+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342
Results 6,821 to 6,826 of 6826

Thread: Food Wars? More like "Belongs in the Trash"

Default Re: Food Wars? More like "Belongs in the Trash"

"People talking shit about a series I like with actual legitimate criticism? Their criticisms must be invalid!"

Megumi getting trashed is indefensible. I mean, most other stuff that the series does is indefensible, but this is like the only character that actually got any character development.

Or how we've completely skipped out on any actual food cooking premises.

Or lost any semblance of charm.

Like I mean, yes? The series is garbage! And we are free to be upset at the wasted potential. Just saying "it's aimed at a younger demographic" doesn't exonerate it from basic writing mistakes, especially when the series is tanking in the rankings in its own target demographic.
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; March 16th, 2019 at 10:54 PM.

See that's why i advocate that jump system is shit
    So many good stories and potential ruin.
    Let your authors take a break to prevent them from going batshit crazy.
    Mental health is a thing.

I think the break is good in terms of the art portion of it, but does it affect the actual written plot? The authors should know where they want to the story to go and who to do what in advance shouldn't they?

I just don't understand how the author could think the readers liked Erina's family plot mucking up what was pretty solid progression. And then to think we'd want more of her smug family and for Soma to have weird family issues intermingled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Mental health is a thing.
    Not in Japan, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I think the break is good in terms of the art portion of it, but does it affect the actual written plot? The authors should know where they want to the story to go and who to do what in advance shouldn't they?

I just don't understand how the author could think the readers liked Erina's family plot mucking up what was pretty solid progression. And then to think we'd want more of her smug family and for Soma to have weird family issues intermingled as well.
    I'd guess what sound good during a hard week where you had to rush a page out, then the next week seems like a terrible idea. Like devoting a whole arc for a plot of having a man trying to decide the future of restaurants for the whole country, or a jerk trying to force a girl into a marriage through cooking.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Of course he should. Even if you're stressed out, as long as you have a good idea where you want to take the story you're writing, it will be fine. Sadly, this author doesn't care anymore and we can tell. Even I cannot defend this shit any longer.

But using it as an excuse to blame the Jump system is naive and a bad attempt at justifying something that is entirely the author's fault.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information