+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythology In One Piece

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Mythology In One Piece

I was thinking that Doflamingo might have some kind of connection to the giant experiments.

We know that his name comes from "Don Quixote" by Miguel De Cervantes. The main character Don Quixote has hallucinations at one point in the story and mistakes wind mills for giants. I just thought that the emphasis on giantification experiments might have a connection to Doflamingo somehow.

Probably nothing, but I thought it was an interesting detail.

Reposting this here by request:

I've been thinking. If you look at the ancient Vedic writings, I think I found something Oda might be tapping into:
    The battle between the sons of the sun and the sons of the moon, between the Pandavas and Kuravas, is the theme of the great Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, a kind of summary in perspective of the history of Aryan India before the definitive formation of Brahmanism. This battle abounds in spirited combats and strange, endless adventures. In the middle of this gigantic epic, the Kuravas, the lunar kings, become the conquerors. The Pandavas, noble children of the sun, guardians of the pure rites, are dethroned and banished. As exiles they hide in the forests, seeking refuge among the anchorites, wearing clothing made of bark, and leaning on hermits' sticks.
    http://uncletaz.com/great_initiates/chapter_06.html

Futhermore, if you look at the symbolism of the D line.. "Gold" Roger.. gold is linked symbolically with the sun.. and the straw hat itself is sort of a solar symbol... Jaguar D "Sol", Ace's fire powers and that he became sort of a "sun" when he fought BB, BB himself being sort of a "black sun" or "black hole", the Thousand Sunny.. and there are probably more.
    And if you look into some of the myths surrounding the Mahabarata, there was talk of ancient super weapons that did terrible damage, that some even compare to todays nuclear weapons: http://www.indiathewonderland.com/20...clear-war.html

"If freedom is outlawed only the outlaws are free.."
    "Bury me standin', 'cause I wont lay down.."

Quote Originally Posted by grunk View Post

I've been thinking. If you look at the ancient Vedic writings, I think I found something Oda might be tapping into:
    The battle between the sons of the sun and the sons of the moon, between the Pandavas and Kuravas, is the theme of the great Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, a kind of summary in perspective of the history of Aryan India before the definitive formation of Brahmanism. This battle abounds in spirited combats and strange, endless adventures. In the middle of this gigantic epic, the Kuravas, the lunar kings, become the conquerors. The Pandavas, noble children of the sun, guardians of the pure rites, are dethroned and banished. As exiles they hide in the forests, seeking refuge among the anchorites, wearing clothing made of bark, and leaning on hermits' sticks.

Futhermore, if you look at the symbolism of the D line.. "Gold" Roger.. gold is linked symbolically with the sun.. and the straw hat itself is sort of a solar symbol... Jaguar D "Sol", Ace's fire powers and that he became sort of a "sun" when he fought BB, BB himself being sort of a "black sun" or "black hole", the Thousand Sunny.. and there are probably more.
    And if you look into some of the myths surrounding the Mahabarata, there was talk of ancient super weapons that did terrible damage, that some even compare to todays nuclear weapons: http://www.indiathewonderland.com/20...clear-war.html
    I never really knew much about Vedic/Indian subcontinent mythology but these comparisons are interesting. And I've heard of the ancient weapons in the Mahabarata, but never connected it to the ancient weapons in One Piece. Also Monkey D. Dragon has Dragon in his name and Dragons are often associated with fire, which relates to the Sun.

But on a side note, a lot of the stuff about the ancient weapons in the Mahabarata were exaggerated by ancient astronaut theorists to fit their theories so I don't know how reliable interpretations of it are. The translations on the second link are incorrect. The translations are from Erich Van Daniken or Zecharia Sitchin or some other nut job like that.
    Last edited by Foxy The Silver Fox; December 30th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grunk View Post

The bolded are pretty farfetched. If this was to work, all the people with D in their name would have some reference to the sun, which is not clearly evident with people like Garp and Dragon. Also if you're throwing in ships you have to consider the Oro Jackson.

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 1: East Blue

Spoiler:
    The story starts off with Gold Roger's(Gol D. Roger) execution. Before he dies, he declares his treasure is in "One Piece" and challenges the world to find it, thus igniting the Great Pirate Age.

Although this isn't mythology, the real life French Pirate Olivier Levasseur threw a cryptogram into the crowd at his execution and declared that whoever could unlock the code will find his treasure. This Cryptogram is similar to the Poneglyphs that many believe are connected with The One Piece Treasure.

Also, keep in mind the references to the Sun with those who carry the Will Of D. This can be seen in Gold Roger.

In Ancient Egyptian mythology, gold symbolized the Sun God, Ra. While The Ancient Inca believed gold was the sweat of the sun. Scientists have also known about a finite amount of gold in the sun.

The story then shifts to Luffy as a child, who has a dream to be a pirate, inspired by Shanks.

Shanks seems to go with the classic trope of the mentor who inspires the protagonist of a story. He saves Luffy from a sea monster and gives Luffy his straw hat.

Monkey D. Luffy follows the pattern of the Will Of D. being related to the Sun. In Ancient Egypt, monkeys(specifically Baboons) were seen as animals of the Sun God Ra. The straw hat may also have the connection, as seen in the classic fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin, a miller's daughter must find out how to turn straw into gold, not to mention straw hats are worn to protect the head from the sun.

As a child, Luffy eats a Devil Fruit, a mystical fruit that gives the eater wonderful abilities and powers at the cost of not being able to swim. In The Book Of Genesis, a serpent tempts Adam and Eve with the fruit that God forbade them from eating. They eat the forbidden fruit and gain knowledge but are punished for the rest of their lives with Adam doing hard labor and Eve giving a painful birth to new life.

Shanks protects Luffy's life and loses his left arm to a Sea-King(Interestingly enough, Sea King was the name given to powerful Viking Pirates). 10 years after Shanks left, Luffy leaves to become a pirate. He departs from Dawn Island to symbolize the sun dawning on the old era and beginning a new one.

Luffy's first crewmate is Roronoa Zoro who is recruited in Shell Town. Zoro was almost starved to death by the marines who captured him but was saved by Luffy and then joined his crew.

And keep in mind that the animal Eiichiro Oda uses to represent Zoro is a tiger.

There is an old Indian Myth about a prince named Mahasattva who rescued a starving tiger. There are also other myths of starving tigers being rescued. The tiger also represents fearlessness, loyalty, and pride. Tigers are second to the Lion(Luffy for arguments sake even though he is the monkey).

The next crew mate is Nami who is noted to be greedy and opportunistic while also being brave and having morals. The animal that represents Nami is the Domestic Cat. Nami is similar because Cats are either hated or loved and humans have given them positive and negative aspects. Cats are known to bring bad omens(the battle with Arlong) and are known for their independence(Nami traveling trying to collect money to buy her village) but are also known to be helpful.

There is a Polish Myth about a cat sitting near a river sobbing because her kittens fell into a river and a helpful plant reached in the river and the kittens crawled up its stem. This is similar to Nami sobbing and Luffy resolving to help her.

Usopp is the next crewmate, he is sniper and crafty and cunning individual who provides the Straw Hats with their first ship the Going Merry.

Usopp is based on a Tengu with his long nose and habits of lying. As well as later on Kinemon referring to him as a Tengu. He is also a reference to Pinocchio, whose nose would grow with each lie.

He is also based on a Chameleon, small reptiles known to use camouflage to hide from predators, similar to Usopp's cowardice.

Sanji is the next crewmate and is a perverted chef. His animal theme is the antelope which doesn't seem to have any significance.

Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are called the "Monster Trio" because they are the strongest members of the crew. They seem to be based on the three "Senseless Creatures" from Buddhist Mythology. The monkey which symbolizes greed(Luffy's animal theme and his desire for adventure and obsession with finding One Piece), the tiger which symbolizes rage(Zoro's animal theme and love for combat and violence), and the deer which represents love sickness(Sanji's lust and obsession with beautiful women, and the deer is a close relative of the antelope).

The final journey in the East Blue is in Loguetown, where the Pirate King was executed and started the Great Age Of Pirates. The "Logue" in Loguetown represents Pro"logue" and Epi"logue" since the old era ended and the new one began. This name is similar to Luffy's island "Dawn" which is the dawning of the old era and rising of the new. The Straw Hats then depart for the Grand Line, the next chapter in their epic adventure.

In my next post I will examine the mythology of the Baroque Works Saga, with Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Drum Kingdom, and Alabasta.
    Last edited by Foxy The Silver Fox; January 12th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Some of that is a bit of a stretch, and errs more on coincidence than planned influence in part by Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Some of that is a bit of a stretch, and errs more on coincidence than planned influence in part by Oda.
    I didn't expect the first part to be exactly right because it is hard to find mythology in the early part of the series but as I get into later parts it have much more mythology and make more sense. Much of what I pointed out couldn't have been a coincidence, though, and the stuff with Zoro and the monster trio is also very suspicious.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 2: Baroque Works - Reverse Mountain

Spoiler:
    The Straw Hats attempt to enter the Grand Line via the Calm Belt, but are unable to, due to the Sea Kings swarming all over the Calm Belt.

These seem to be based on the rumors of Sea Monsters that sailors used to claim exist.

The Straw Hats then enter the Grandline via Reverse Mountain and get swallowed by the enormous whale Laboon.

The Straw Hats being swallowed by Laboon mirrors the story of Jonah who was supposedly swallowed by a great fish and spent three days inside the creatures stomach.

More references to sea monsters, this time the giant squid.

After Luffy defeats Mr. 9 and Ms. Wednesday, he and the other Straw Hats meet Crocus, the owner of the whale. He gives them advice for the Grand Line and they soon depart.

Crocus is a genus of flowers and it used to mean "abuse not" which refers to Crocus' caregiving nature towards Laboon.

The lighthouse at the entrance of the Grand Line seems simple but is actually a symbol. It represents guidance and safety. As a metaphor it guides those on a journey just as the Straw Hats are.

With the wisdom and guidance he provided the Straw Hats, Crocus fits the archetype of the hermit. He stands atop his "mountain"(Reverse Mountain). Mountains symbolize enlightened levels of consciousness, and Crocus occupies the mountain showing his wisdom.

The next part will continue with Whiskey Peak.
    Last edited by Foxy The Silver Fox; January 1st, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

You've got animal themes wrongly, Foxy, Zoro is shark, Usopp is Armadillo and Sanji is Duck.

I hope I'll make some comment on solar mythology stuff, but if I do it's going to be a long one.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post

I hope I'll make some comment on solar mythology stuff, but if I do it's going to be a long one.
    We have two weeks left in till the new chapter comes out. We're all starving for interesting material to keep us going. Give us your worst!

You've got animal themes wrongly, Foxy, Zoro is shark, Usopp is Armadillo and Sanji is Duck.

In a recent color spread, they had different animal themes and there's even a line of figures to match the new ones.

But anyway, Whiskey Peak will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy The Silver Fox View Post
    Mythology Of One Piece - Part 1: East Blue

Spoiler:
    The story starts off with Gold Roger's(Gol D. Roger) execution. Before he dies, he declares his treasure is in "One Piece" and challenges the world to find it, thus igniting the Great Pirate Age.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Loguetown.png

Although this isn't mythology, the real life French Pirate Olivier Levasseur threw a cryptogram into the crowd at his execution and declared that whoever could unlock the code will find his treasure. This Cryptogram is similar to the Poneglyphs that many believe are connected with The One Piece Treasure.

Also, keep in mind the references to the Sun with those who carry the Will Of D. This can be seen in Gold Roger.

In Ancient Egyptian mythology, gold symbolized the Sun God, Ra. While The Ancient Inca believed gold was the sweat of the sun. Scientists have also known about a finite amount of gold in the sun.

The story then shifts to Luffy as a child, who has a dream to be a pirate, inspired by Shanks.

Shanks seems to go with the classic trope of the mentor who inspires the protagonist of a story. He saves Luffy from a sea monster and gives Luffy his straw hat.

Monkey D. Luffy follows the pattern of the Will Of D. being related to the Sun. In Ancient Egypt, monkeys(specifically Baboons) were seen as animals of the Sun God Ra. The straw hat may also have the connection, as seen in the classic fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin, a miller's daughter must find out how to turn straw into gold, not to mention straw hats are worn to protect the head from the sun.

As a child, Luffy eats a Devil Fruit, a mystical fruit that gives the eater wonderful abilities and powers at the cost of not being able to swim. In The Book Of Genesis, a serpent tempts Adam and Eve with the fruit that God forbade them from eating. They eat the forbidden fruit and gain knowledge but are punished for the rest of their lives with Adam doing hard labor and Eve giving a painful birth to new life.

Shanks protects Luffy's life and loses his left arm to a Sea-King(Interestingly enough, Sea King was the name given to powerful Viking Pirates). 10 years after Shanks left, Luffy leaves to become a pirate. He departs from Dawn Island to symbolize the sun dawning on the old era and beginning a new one.

Luffy's first crewmate is Roronoa Zoro who is recruited in Shell Town. Zoro was almost starved to death by the marines who captured him but was saved by Luffy and then joined his crew.

And keep in mind that the animal Eiichiro Oda uses to represent Zoro is a tiger.

There is an old Indian Myth about a prince named Mahasattva who rescued a starving tiger. There are also other myths of starving tigers being rescued. The tiger also represents fearlessness, loyalty, and pride. Tigers are second to the Lion(Luffy for arguments sake even though he is the monkey).

The next crew mate is Nami who is noted to be greedy and opportunistic while also being brave and having morals. The animal that represents Nami is the Domestic Cat. Nami is similar because Cats are either hated or loved and humans have given them positive and negative aspects. Cats are known to bring bad omens(the battle with Arlong) and are known for their independence(Nami traveling trying to collect money to buy her village) but are also known to be helpful.

There is a Polish Myth about a cat sitting near a river sobbing because her kittens fell into a river and a helpful plant reached in the river and the kittens crawled up its stem. This is similar to Nami sobbing and Luffy resolving to help her.

Usopp is the next crewmate, he is sniper and crafty and cunning individual who provides the Straw Hats with their first ship the Going Merry.

Usopp is based on a Tengu with his long nose and habits of lying. As well as later on Kinemon referring to him as a Tengu.

He is also based on a Chameleon, small reptiles known to use camouflage to hide from predators, similar to Usopp's cowardice.

Sanji is the next crewmate and is a perverted chef. His animal theme is the antelope which doesn't seem to have any significance.

Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are called the "Monster Trio" because they are the strongest members of the crew. They seem to be based on the three "Senseless Creatures" from Buddhist Mythology. The monkey which symbolizes greed(Luffy's animal theme and his desire for adventure and obsession with finding One Piece), the tiger which symbolizes rage(Zoro's animal theme and love for combat and violence), and the deer which represents love sickness(Sanji's lust and obsession with beautiful women, and the deer is a close relative of the antelope).

The final journey in the East Blue is in Loguetown, where the Pirate King was executed and started the Great Age Of Pirates. The "Logue" in Loguetown represents Pro"logue" and Epi"logue" since the old era ended and the new one began. This name is similar to Luffy's island "Dawn" which is the dawning of the old era and rising of the new. The Straw Hats then depart for the Grand Line, the next chapter in their epic adventure.

In my next post I will examine the mythology of the Baroque Works Saga, with Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Drum Kingdom, and Alabasta.
    I remember hearing about French Pirate Olivier Levasseur in a documentary called "Pirate Island" on Nat Geo. The show said he was even called King of Pirates.
    I wondered if he was an influence to Oda then. After all, other real life pirates has influenced certain characters.

I didn't expect the first part to be exactly right because it is hard to find mythology in the early part of the series but as I get into later parts it have much more mythology and make more sense. Much of what I pointed out couldn't have been a coincidence, though, and the stuff with Zoro and the monster trio is also very suspicious.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 2: Baroque Works - Reverse Mountain

Spoiler:
    The Straw Hats attempt to enter the Grand Line via the Calm Belt, but are unable to, due to the Sea Kings swarming all over the Calm Belt.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eceSeaking.jpg

These seem to be based on the rumors of Sea Monsters that sailors used to claim exist.

The Straw Hats then enter the Grandline via Reverse Mountain and get swallowed by the enormous whale Laboon.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...troduction.png

The Straw Hats being swallowed by Laboon mirrors the story of Joan Of Arc who was supposedly swallowed by a whale and spent three days inside the creatures stomach.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oyal_Squid.png
    More references to sea monsters, this time the giant squid.

After Luffy defeats Mr. 9 and Ms. Wednesday, he and the other Straw Hats meet Crocus, the owner of the whale. He gives them advice for the Grand Line and they soon depart.

Crocus is a genus of flowers and it used to mean "abuse not" which refers to Crocus' caregiving nature towards Laboon.

The lighthouse at the entrance of the Grand Line seems simple but is actually a symbol. It represents guidance and safety. As a metaphor it guides those on a journey just as the Straw Hats are.

With the wisdom and guidance he provided the Straw Hats, Crocus fits the archetype of the hermit. He stands atop his "mountain"(Reverse Mountain). Mountains symbolize enlightened levels of consciousness, and Crocus occupies the mountain showing his wisdom.

The next part will continue with Whiskey Peak.
    I thought the Strawhats getting swallowed by a whale would be more like Jonah than Joan of Arc.
    I went tot he link you provided (thank you) but Ican't find the part that talks about the story of Joan Of Arc who was supposedly swallowed by a whale. What area was that under?

Hmmm I've thought of the Strawhats fitting into archtypes before but didn't post it here since they were more archtypes of folklore storytelling than just mythology. But if its okay with mods, I'd like to.

There are several characters that fit several archtypes.
    Several times Luffy fits not just the fool, but 'wise fool'.
    While Usopp fits several, from gun-slinger to 'artist-sceintist'.

What really fits Usopp is they kind of myth/ folktales of the naive/inexperienced boy who sets out from his village for a jopurney, either for a quest or to become a warroir. He gain a little experince during his early travels, but somehow he ends up spending time in some isolated region/island/planet where he meets the wise/experenced mentor who then teaches some much needed skill, could be knowledge with/without marital/mind/magical arts. When he returns to his friends/allies he is a different person, he is more more like a young man than a little boy. (Usopp fits that with his more toned form, higher skills and more courage)

Many people really don't like that comparision since it reminds them of the more recent highly sucessful use of this character type=
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I thought the Strawhats getting swallowed by a whale would be more like Jonahthan Joan of Arc.

I went tot he link you provided (thank you) but Ican't find the part that talks about the story of Joan Of Arc who was supposedly swallowed by a whale. What area was that under?
    Sorry, it's not in the link, but there's a really famous biblical story with Joan in the belly of a whale.

<sight> I have some problem with writing, so it'll take me a lot of time.

In a recent color spread, they had different animal themes and there's even a line of figures to match the new ones.

But anyway, Whiskey Peak will be up soon.
    I rather trust SBS on that
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 2: Baroque Works - Whiskey Peak

Spoiler:
    The Straw Hats arrive in Whiskey Peak and are welcomed by the people living there. They party until they fall asleep. Iggarapoi and the people who welcomed them are actually members of a criminal organization called Baroque Works and planned to trap the Straw Hats and turn them in.

The Straw Hats being deceived with a celebration and being captured is reminiscent of a similar story in the epic Greek story The Odyssey where Odysseus and his men are captured by the Goddess Circe who tricked them with a party full of wine, cheese, and beautiful women.

Luffy and Zoro defeat the members of Baroque Works that are on the island and the rest of the Straw Hats agree to help Nefertari Vivi save her kingdom, Alabasta.

Nefertari means "Beautiful Companion" and was an Egyptian Queen. Vivi comes from the Latin word "Vivere" which means "To Live" and is similar in all the Romance Languages.

Sorry, it's not in the link, but there's a really famous biblical story with Joan in the belly of a whale.
    that's prophet Jonah, Joan of Arc don't even appear in Bible - she lived in middle ages
    - MegaMind

that's prophet Jonah, Joan of Arc don't even appear in Bible - she lived in middle ages
    Sorry about that, I'll fix it now.

Also, Little Garden will be up by tonight, there's not much there though, and Drum Island and Alabasta should be done by tomorrow night.

Sorry about that, I'll fix it now.

Also, Little Garden will be up by tonight, there's not much there though, and Drum Island and Alabasta should be done by tomorrow night.
    Hmm yeah, the overall theme of Little Garden fits more of modern Hollywood type (modern travelers end up in/on prehistoric land) than a myth. Though I'm sure the giant goldfish fits some myth, not sure which but thought some polynesian or other island culture had myths of giant marine animal that can destroy islands. I'll wait to see what you have

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Several times Luffy fits not just the fool, but 'wise fool'.
    I think he's more akin to the "Pure Fool" or Parzival, the grail seeker. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parzival http://www.metahistory.org/GRAIL/Parzival.php

Oh, if anyone missed my mentioning of the SH as a sun symbol I meant at certain times it literally looks like a sun:
    Spoiler:

"If freedom is outlawed only the outlaws are free.."
    "Bury me standin', 'cause I wont lay down.."

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 2: Baroque Works - Little Garden

Spoiler:

The Straw Hats and Vivi arrive in a prehistoric island called Little Garden.

They meet two giants named Dorry and Brogy who have been battling on the island for 100 years. They were part of The Giant Warrior Pirates originally. They originate from the island called Elbaf.

Giants are prominently featured in mythologies from all over the world and are known to be warriors and violence-prone. The Giants in One Piece seem to be based on Vikings.

Dorry may get his name from Dory Funk Jr.
    Brogy may get his name from Bruiser Brody

Interestingly, Elbaf is "Fable" spelled backwards meaning there may be more than one mythical species there, such as Minkmen or an unmentioned race.

The Straw Hats and Giants defeat The Baroque Woks agents stationed there and depart after the giants destroy the island eater.

Sorry for the lack of information in this one, but the Drum Island one will be a much more entertaining read.

Smoker and his men see a Kappa Whale, which is obviously based on the Japanese Mythical Creature.

These two look familiar.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Mythology Of One Piece - Part 2: Baroque Works - Drum Kingdom

Spoiler:

The Straw Hats encounter the Wapol Pirates but after a quick skirmish, they manage to defeat them.

The Captain, Wapol, is actually the King Of Drum, but left after his country was attacked by pirates. Kings have been known to flee their countries, such as Charles II.

Wapol has the power of the Buka-Buka No Mi/Munch-Munch Fruit which allows him to eat anything and assimilate into his body. The power may be based on the Baku, a mythological Japanese creature that eats dreams and nightmares.

The Straw Hats explore Drum Kingdom and meet several interesting characters.

Many of the events surrounding Tony Tony Chopper come from the Santa Claus folk tale.

Chopper is based on Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer as he has an unusually colored nose and was considered a freak among his herd because of his nose and Hito-Hito No Mi/Human-Human Fruit. He was called the abominable snowman by the humans of Drum Island when he is in his human form. His birthday is even on Christmas Eve.

He also resembles a Wendigo in his monster point.

That Rumble Ball looks a lot like a rum ball.

Chopper's animal theme is the Tanuki(Japanese Racoon Dog), which used to be thought of as a shape-shifter similar to Chopper's ability. Tanuki are also described as innocent, befitting Chopper.

Chopper's father-figure Hiriluk was also known to go down people's chimneys like Santa Claus, and Kureha would fly off the Drum Rockies by being pulled by Chopper's reindeer form.

Hiriluk himself seems to represent a symbol of hope and inspiration for Chopper. His names comes from the Ancient Greek word "Chirurg" which means "Surgeon". He is also represented by The Cherry Blossom or Sakura which is a symbol of the brevity of life.

This island introduces Zoan type Devil Fruits. "Zoan" comes from Zoanthropy.

The Straw Hats defeat Wapol and recruit Chopper, their new doctor.
    Last edited by Foxy The Silver Fox; January 2nd, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

One thing I would say is that the giants from Elbaf are not the only giants. Saul says he's not from there, that he's "not one of those barbarians".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information