+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: General Musou Warriors Thread

Default Re: The Musou Warriors Thread

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

three returning characters for Dynasty Warriors 8 (Shin Sangokumusou 7): Jiang Wei of Shu will fight with the Double-Edged Trident, which was his weapon in Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid 2; Xiahou Ba of Jin will return, using the Siege Lance from Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires, and Guo Huai, also of Jin, will fight using his Arm Cannon from Dynasty Warriors 7.

In addition, the official Japanese site for the game has updated with new DLC outfits that will be available exclusively from certain stores in Japan. The outfits include costumes for Cao Cao, Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei from Dynasty Warriors 1, as well as an exclusive costume from Lawson for Wang Yuanji, featuring their character, Akikoloid.

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I'd never heard of musou games untill OP:KM and im thinking about getting DW 8, not now but march time. I see it's release date is end of feb, any idea when it will be out in europe or whenthey will announce this?

No official release date yet I estimate NA and Europe will get it around June or July maybe May if we are lucky.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

ok, so what cheap musou game would be the one to pick up march time, DW7?

Quote Originally Posted by desijut View Post
    That would be the next best thing since DW7 is already out everywhere so you could get that now. Or you can wait until DW7 Empires which comes out in America a few days before DW8 comes out in Japan.

Or you could play the older ones DW4 or 5 don't expect much though as they are the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    That would be the next best thing since DW7 is already out everywhere so you could get that now. Or you can wait until DW7 Empires which comes out in America a few days before DW8 comes out in Japan.

Or you could play the older ones DW4 or 5 don't expect much though as they are the older ones.
    And what is the difference between empires and DW7? And my ps2 stopped working some time ago so i can only go back to DW6

And what is the difference between empires and DW7? And my ps2 stopped working some time ago so i can only go back to DW6
    First and foremost Empires has create a warrior. And there isn't really a story mode but this mode that you take over the provinces and such as a ruler with either your created warrior or a already existing one (Guan Yu, Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Lu Bu, etc.)

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw6-empires.php

this has some more specific details

Dynasty Warriors 5 (for the PS2) or Samurai Warriors was the last good one. Or Musou Gundam 2 or 3 if you feel like piloting a giant robot. Or Orochi series which combined DW and Samurai Warriors. Or Sengoku Basara was really great too, incredibly diverse characters and levels.

DW7 sucked.

I've just made a list of games I've been looking at buying for the next year, and the list is too long so I gues in the end im only going to be considering DW8.

More characters

Spoiler:

Diao Chan retains her Steel whip, Lu Bu retains his Halberd, Zhou Tai retains curved sword, Taishi Ci retains twin rods, Xiao Qiao retains her iron fan, Dong Zhuo will have bombs now (DLC from DW7), Deng Feng will now have the Moon Blade (another DLC from DW7), Yuan Shao now has an extending Rapier, and Hand Dang (new character) will have a Short Ji (Nemea used it in WO3).

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Dynasty Warriors 5 (for the PS2) or Samurai Warriors was the last good one. Or Musou Gundam 2 or 3 if you feel like piloting a giant robot. Or Orochi series which combined DW and Samurai Warriors. Or Sengoku Basara was really great too, incredibly diverse characters and levels.

DW7 sucked.
    In other words the best Musou game for the PS3 right now is Orochi 3? If so I'll see if I can get it for a few bucks. Else I'd wait for DW 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    In other words the best Musou game for the PS3 right now is Orochi 3? If so I'll see if I can get it for a few bucks. Else I'd wait for DW 8.
    I haven't actually played Orochi 3 since it was download only and looked to have problems. Orochi 2 was good tho.

The best is Sengoku Basara Utage. But that's import only... because Capcom is stupid.

Plain ol Sengoku Basara is pretty good but only has a handful of characters. REALLY diverse and unique characters that all actually play differently and great level variety... but Utage is much much better.

@Enzeru If you have a Wii U just get Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

More characters

Diao Chan retains her Steel whip, Lu Bu retains his Halberd, Zhou Tai retains curved sword, Taishi Ci retains twin rods, Xiao Qiao retains her iron fan, Dong Zhuo will have bombs now (DLC from DW7), Deng Feng will now have the Moon Blade (another DLC from DW7), Yuan Shao now has an extending Rapier, and Hand Dang (new character) will have a Short Ji (Nemea used it in WO3).
    I like Diao Chan,Lu Bu,and Yuan Shao's new looks. Not to big in Ding Feng's or Dong Zhuo's. Meh to Da Qiao's. Han Dang made me lol,he has an onion face. Taishi Chi's is pretty cool,not a fan of the frilly sleeves on him though. And I think Zhou Tai looks badass as Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNico28 View Post
    I like Diao Chan,Lu Bu,and Yuan Shao's new looks. Not to big in Ding Feng's or Dong Zhuo's. Meh to Da Qiao's. Han Dang made me lol,he has an onion face. Taishi Chi's is pretty cool,not a fan of the frilly sleeves on him though. And I think Zhou Tai looks badass as Hell.
    Han Dang reminds me of Kizaru lol

Apparently Ken's Rage 2. Out on the 7th Feb is gonna be download only for Wii U. That's fine as long as it's the same price as the PS3/360 one. But if they're putting it download only AND charging extra for it then it's an easy skip. Unless they at least hint that they'll support the Wii U by putting KM2 and DW8 on it.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

More characters reveals plus a completelly new character Han Dang

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15...r-wu-warriors/

I guess Wei comes next, they have been showing a lot of the other armies.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    More characters reveals plus a completelly new character Han Dang

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15...r-wu-warriors/

I guess Wei comes next, they have been showing a lot of the other armies.
    I posted about this 7 posts up.

I posted about this 7 posts up.
    Sorry saw the news the topic was on the second page of the subforum came here and posted without looking.

Anyway the article has better quality pics and other info.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information