+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: General Musou Warriors Thread

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: The Musou Warriors Thread

This week's issue of Famitsu magazine reveals that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is headed to the PlayStation 3 and Vita.
    The Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors crossover series third installment, Warriors Orochi 3, was released for PlayStation3, PSP, Xbox 360 and Wii U last year.
    Not much has been revealed as to what extra content we'll be seeing in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, but there will be a new female character by the name of Tamomo-no-Mae, who was said to be the most beautiful and intelligent woman in Japan, according to Japanese mythology.
    Update: In addition to Tamomo-no-Mae, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will be getting the expert swordsman Xu Shu from the Dynasty Warriors series. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will also have a brand new story. Additionally, the game will be adding new elements that were seen in the PSP and Wii U versions, both of which were released a good while after the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version.
    Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is slated to be released this September in Japan.

This guy was also recently revealed for it

He looks like something fierce.

There is also a nine tailed fox lady

and Sophitia from Soul Caliber V will be in and some Nezha guy

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Discovered Stowaway

WO3 was fun as hell, and I've gotta admit WO3U is making itself look tempting enough for a second buy. It has aLOT of new features, and you can transfer save data/dlc if I remember correctly. That Nezha guy is Nezha before he was turned into a Robot. DW8 XL has been announced too, it featuring Lu Bu in it's story mode and adding Chen Gong and Zhu Ran so far. Annnnd they just announced shin gundam musou, so Koei's officially trying to take all of my money without rest. =w=

Well, screw DW8... I'll just hold out for Orochi 3 Ultimate then. I juuust platinumed 3, but even after 170 hours I don't quite feel like I was done playing everyone yet... largely because there were a ton I didn't really play. (I had about 10 favorites, but with 140 characters...)

If they balance them out like they did for the wii version (balancing the musous I assume so that the Samurai cast aren't infinitely better with their more elaborate move sets and super that use their entire bar?) that'd be pretty great... the entire time I felt odd about using the DW half of the franchise even though some of my mains were in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    t has aLOT of new features, and you can transfer save data/dlc if I remember correctly.
    YES. That would make it sooo much easier to justify. Normally I *like* starting from scratch for a new game in a franchise, but with THAT many characters and ultimate weapons it'd be nice to just keep track of who I already used and abused, and who I was just starting to try out, and who I didn't touch at all.

Annnnd they just announced shin gundam musou, so Koei's officially trying to take all of my money without rest.
    Sweeeeet.

Discovered Stowaway

Well, for the more technical changes...I know there's all new team stuff you can do like some new big team attack, and having your teamates ON the field with you as little AI companions. Tech is getting a change I believe, some kinda movement that puts them behind the opponent? Oh and EVERY character is getting a new Aerial special/R move. That battle field creation, the limits are being taken off also I believe.

Here's the trailer video from a couple weeks back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypMt_6tEKk

DW8...is still worth getting I think, it is a MAJOR step-up from DW7. Or just wait for it's bundle with XL. They're getting more characters, going back to XL roots, and everyones getting a second EX attack.

The biggest thing I care about is just balancing out the two sides. Samurai Warriors were just better than the Dynasty Warriors in almost every way for the most part... the DW crew getting better musous would go a long way. (And more triangle attacks, but that's slightly less of a thing.)

...and they have a character color customizer. Dammit, that'll eat my time like no one's buisness.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Heres a bit on the new shin gundam musou

- Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

never could get into dw gundam
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

They could also just bring back the three split musou bar they had in some game or another. That was awesome. You could do a short musou if you wanted, or early without quite the full bar... or you could do a full length one with the entire bar for more power by holding down the button. That was great. Why'd they ever get rid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    never could get into dw gundam
    The have a DASH button.

If thats not awesome I don't know what is.

Seriously, it creates an entirely different feel. It's subtle, but big.

Also, lots of energy swords and laser beam attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkull View Post
    WO3 was fun as hell, and I've gotta admit WO3U is making itself look tempting enough for a second buy. It has aLOT of new features, and you can transfer save data/dlc if I remember correctly. That Nezha guy is Nezha before he was turned into a Robot. DW8 XL has been announced too, it featuring Lu Bu in it's story mode and adding Chen Gong and Zhu Ran so far. Annnnd they just announced shin gundam musou, so Koei's officially trying to take all of my money without rest. =w=
    That doesn't tell me who Nezha is at all.

@Robby yeah I played the second one it just felt so awkward

Did Gundam AGE really do so poorly that it's won't even be on the cover?
    Last edited by y2kyle89; September 5th, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Assuming that's the cover
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I have 0 interest as of now. They're bringing back Official Mode and giving stories to SEED and SEED Destiny. 90% of the Mobile Suit and Character additions will have to come from those for it to make sense that they're getting Official Mode stories, and additions from them make me more un-interested than interested.

Discovered Stowaway

Well, usually in media, he's this kid with wheels of fire beneath his feet that allow him to fly (His cyborg versions weapons) and a flame-tipped spear (Human versions) He's been in alot of myths and such, even journey to the west. Here's a page on his that explains some of that.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Nezha

ohh I remember Nezha now really hard to recognise him when not a cyborg lol

I hope in Shin Gundam Musou they add Quatre & WuFei, Make the space battles actually take place in space, And don't have everybody's official mode end the same I'm tired of watching Haman kick Char's ass in Zeta's story mode.

While it'd be nice to round out the Wing cast, and feels almost inevitable, I'd prefer to get *A* representative from 08th MS Team. They all had the same mech so it would legitly cover that entire cast... and the one modified blue Gauf I suppose.

Also want more G Gundam since... that series was MADE for combat. Yeah, a lot of those mechs were awful, but some of them were really great. (How Sailor Gundam hasn't already made it in I'll never know.)

Just got finished marathoning Kaizoku Musou 2 and I like it only thing that bothers me is the lack of proof-reading in the script.

Samurai Warriors 4 was officially announced will be, to my surprise, a PS3 and PSVita title I was honestly expecting (and kinda hoping for) a PS4 release too. It is slated for a Feburary 2014 release. Sadly no gameplay or anything of the sort yet
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; September 11th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

I can't believe I'm saying this but; think I'm interested in playing these games. I dunno, just something about playing something fairly straight forward that I can just jump in and sinks hours into just sounds appealing right now. Suggestions (not interested in Gundam)?

Warriors Orochi 3 is the best suggestion I have out of any recent Musou game. Combines 2 franchises (so two slightly different playing styles), has a ton of cameo character from other games, and a ton to do. 140 characters you'll find at least a few favorites, and its only 30 bucks on the PSN.

Of course, if you've never played Samurai or Dynasty Warriors, then the sheer size of that roster might scare and confuse you, since the story is complete nonsense.

Personally I would go with Dynasty Warriors 8 first since it does the DW stories.

There is no recent SW game so have only played the 3DS one which I would recommend too (but you don't own a 3DS.)

Warriors Orochi is good and has some sweet cameos like Ayane and Ryu. But would wait till the new version came out at least. TBH I think starting on this one is more difficult since it's not as easy to invest in the characters. And there's a lot of them.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information