+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Forum Behaviour

Default Odd Forum Behaviour

First off, when writing profile messages, it randomly tends to not want to recognise my paragraphs and smoeshes everything together, regardles of how many times I try to insert them again.

Second

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2760098

here it let me add a comment far longer then the usual limit.

Default Re: Odd Forum Behaviour

Doesn't sound like anything to be worried about, but with a little more specifics I might be able to help on the profile message issue. Sounds like it's just removing the paragraph / break line tags, which could be caused by a number of things I suppose. Try another browser first, just to test results, and then| try composing a post using the source editor mode and putting the tags in manually with BB code.

As for your exceeding the character limit in an edit field, you probably just accidentally found a loophole in the code somehow and/or appended text to an existing edit without it enforcing the limit (126 chars).
    Last edited by brennen.exe; December 11th, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: [br][/br] for breakline; A/A for source editing mode.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Doesn't sound like anything to be worried about, but with a little more specifics I might be able to help on the profile message issue. Sounds like it's just removing the paragraph / break line tags, which could be caused by a number of things I suppose. Try another browser first, just to test results, and then| try composing a post using the source editor mode and putting the tags in manually with BB code.
    Thing is it seems to only do that after I add a certain amount of text, even with paragraphs already there.

And it's not worrisome but if I'm trying to write a longer VM, I want to break it up so that it won't be a totaly incomprehensible wall of text no one will read. Insert joke about no one reading it anyway here.

Well give my suggestions a shot and let me know what happens.

This happens occasionally:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    Hoooooly freaking crap!Hooooooooooly freaking heeeeelll!!Just imagine:Star Wars/Avengers crossover. No, it won't happen, but...This was crazy news.Seventh movieeee!
    My post there, about Star Wars being bought by Disney, got all smushed.
    I was trying to do it like how I did this post, with lines.
    I thought I'd mention it.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

On December 17th, I posted a prediction for an upcoming chapter and I got an infraction for posting a spoiler, which it obviously wasn't. Is it possible to take away infractions? This was really unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy The Silver Fox View Post
    On December 17th, I posted a prediction for an upcoming chapter and I got an infraction for posting a spoiler, which it obviously wasn't. Is it possible to take away infractions? This was really unfair.
    Nope. Leaking spoilers, even made up ones that turn out not to be real, is heavily frowned upon.

Its a minor infraction, so don't worry too much about it. Long as you don't do it consistently it wont be held against you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Nope. Leaking spoilers, even made up ones that turn out not to be real, is heavily frowned upon.

Its a minor infraction, so don't worry too much about it. Long as you don't do it consistently it wont be held against you.
    How can you "leak" a non existant spoiler ?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    How can you "leak" a non existant spoiler ?
    You post a "possible spoiler I found somewhere!" in a thread it doesn't belong.

That it turned out to be fake is beside the point. Had it turned out to be legit, it would be leaking the actual spoiler.

The intent is the thing.

That it turned out to be fake is beside the point. Had it turned out to be legit, it would be leaking the actual spoiler.

The intent is the thing.
    Okay. The post above made me think he got penalised for making a correct prediction.

The intent is the thing.
    I never said it was a "possible spoiler I found somewhere!", I clearly specified it was a "prediction". So I guess everyone who posts even the smallest prediction gets banned, right? then by that logic everyone should be banned.
    Last edited by Foxy The Silver Fox; December 29th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

"I found this really cool prediction for chapter 693 on mangaspoiler.com"

You were dropping off a text from a spoiler site.

Outside of the 693 spoiler thread.

That had long involved blocks of text that looked like spoiler dialogue translation text.

You were leaking a spoiler.

That it ended up being made up is beside the point.

Look at it from this angle.
    "Hey, I read this spoiler, but I'm going to assume its not a spoiler but just an idea I made up or found... but if it happens to line up with the actual thing I seem clever or like I had the inside scoop."

We've had plenty of that in the past. The way you announced your post and the format it took is what looked like a spoiler leak. I'm not even the one that gave you an infraction, and I doubt the one that did looked all that closely, but it IS what it looks, smells and feels like.

What if it hadn't been a made up theory, but an actual spoiler from, you know, A SPOILER SITE.

Which happens.

Its a minor infraction, it's invisible to anyone but you. and the actual post and the responses to it are deleted now. Take it as the warning it's meant to be and don't do it like that again. Keep it in the right place, or present the info differently. But don't brag about finding something from a spoiler site and then post it as an impressive find in the wrong place, and then be surprised when someone thinks you're talking about a spoiler!
    Last edited by Robby; December 29th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

@Foxy
    Take it like a scar from a battle...you know you could have fucked up worse but you got away with that little reminder..so be proud of it and stop whining.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

An enormous amount of people come to AP for chapter spoilers, and spoilers alone - when fake spoilers are being passed out, even just "predicted", it looks bad for our whole forum. I know that obviously wasn't your intent, but nevertheless. Just think ahead next time when deciding on doing something like that with information, false or not, that is taken very seriously and is important to many people.

What's going on with the forum? No one is here and I can't access it through my Internet connection or Wifi. I'm only able to go on the forum using 3G on my iPhone. When will this be fixed?

Ooooops, sorry, my post in the Red Scare thread should actually be in this one. Sorry! I`ll just copy it here, alright? I guess the URL for this site changed or what? The only way to access the site for me was the Member List page for some reason, every other page wasn`t accessible and I was redirected to a "Server not found" message site. It`s obviously not a big deal, seeing as the site isn`t down and I was able to find a way to enter it, but I`m a little confused there wasn`t an announcement or anything for this. Also, apparently it seems it`s not possible right now to use the Quote or Spoiler function or post an image or anything. Seriously, am I the only one with this problem??

I still have the same problem though....I can only access the forum via forums.arlongpark.net, the old apforums.net links don`t work anymore...

It's.. working for me just fine? I dunno.

I'm having the same problem as Riddler.

I have the same problem. If I try to access apforums.net, it'll just redirect me to a search page where the forum link isn't shown. And if I search apforums.net on google, and I click the forum link, it'll still redirect me to the same search page.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information