+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Default Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

See, I have no idea what the Frostbite 2 engine means. What's so different about it?

It's the same engine that is powering battlefield 3 which doesn't automatically mean that DA3 will turn out to be photorealistic but we'll get to enjoy the pretty lightning, shader, render and what not effects that are showcased in bf3. Oh frostbyte is also pretty capable in terms of physics and destruction simulation and some other stuff.

Bottom line it just means that the developers have a better tool that is capable of more stuff to do whatever they want to do.

Who better to showcase the most important stuff of frostbite 2 than the developers themselves.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; January 22nd, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Also, from one Dragon Age 3 dev, we shouldn't have to worry as much about the crowd being four guys being copied and pasted.

*ahem* *inhale*

TRAILER!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Varric, y u so sad!!? And I love Morrigan's new dress.

http://www.dragonage.com/

Official site. Three of the rings represent Seekers, circle of magi, and the templars.

I particularly like this quote "In this upcoming video game from BioWare, makers of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Origins, you’ll make your mark in an expansive, story-driven open world filled with complex characters, challenging combat and difficult decisions."

I guess Dragon age II's been labeled as 'Don't mention if you don't have to.' It also seems like the name of the game is just Dragon Age: Inquisition without a III.

Spoiler:
    As far as the trailer goes, it looks like it's a demon invasion with them as the main enemies in the game like the leaked survey mentioned a while back. It also mentioned a Qunari companion similar to what's in the trailer. Also, if the Seekers there are invading the Warden HQ, it could be interesting since the survey also mentioned a Grey Warden companion along with Cassandra.

At the very least, I hope they wrap up the Flemeth and Morrigan storyline in this game with other plot threads hanging for future games.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, everything shown was in-engine and not CGI according to Bioware.

Hey, Verric is in it, that's about all I needed to carry over. Hopefully his inclusion in early trailer means major role and not just cameo, he's pretty much my favorite character in the franchise and pretty much carried 2 all by himself..

But Fall 2014? Awwww.

Next gen only? DAMNIT.

It's actually been confirmed to be on PS3, 360, and PC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    It's actually been confirmed to be on PS3, 360, and PC as well.
    All the news sites are only reporting "next gen".

Well. Un-DAMNIT then.

I don't care about the graphics being a little downgraded.

A moderator confirmed it on their forums. I do have to admit I'm curious as to how much sales they are expecting though. Dragon Age II hit about 2.1 million sales on launch and that was coming off of Dragon Age: Origins. Generally, publishers these days seem to expect at least sales in the 3-4 million range when probably given the development time Dragon Age: Inquisition is having, and it's coming off of Dragon Age II which was pretty divisive. Hopefully, they'll start putting out some good gameplay trailers and other examples of Dragon Age Inquisition next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    *ahem* *inhale*

TRAILER!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Varric, y u so sad!!? And I love Morrigan's new dress.
    Did they change morrigan's voice? She doesn't sound how I remember her sounding. Sure its been a few years since played teh first dragon age, so could be wrong.

BTw any gameplay vids, want to see if its more like the first or second game.

No gameplay vids. Guess they'll show more next year since it's still got a year and a half til release.

Hmm, still loads of time till release :|

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    Did they change morrigan's voice? She doesn't sound how I remember her sounding. Sure its been a few years since played teh first dragon age, so could be wrong.
    Its the same voice. She's just not monologuing to a quiet backdrop at a campfire. I know it was Morrigan before she actually appeared visually.

All the fans are agreeing: She now looks like Lulu from Final Fantasy X.

Hey, anybody remember that creepy speech Sandal had from DA2? (You could get it from him if you kept talking to him in the mansion)

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Hey, anybody remember that creepy speech Sandal had from DA2? (You could get it from him if you kept talking to him in the mansion)
    I... did not get that. And I talked to him a lot!

...ah, its from the post-game. Neat.

Also. I want Sandal to be playable next game. Yes his dialogue would suck and it would take away some of the mystery about him, but...

Well I say that. But really Varric is the only one I care about.

Shale would be awesome but she's either dead or returned to dwarf form at the end of DA1, so...

I just hope they spare us the trope of killing of a party member in the first few minutes... it's getting a tad bit old by now.
    I also don't feel it's a good tool to provoke drama to begin with.

Also speaking about wishlist party members,
    I once shared my desire a long time ago for a party member that's basically a failed shapeshifter(in this is informed by stuff I read a long time ago in those lore entries). Shapeshifters learn their abilities by living as the thing they want to transform into, the danger they face in that is that they can lose themselves to it and get stuck in their feral forms.

I wanted for the hero to meet the character in his feral form while not knowing that it is a shapeshifter, over the course of the adventure he would learn about that fact and through their relationship either help the shapershifter regain his human form or make him embrace his feral form.

And I have no idea why I wrote this again but I guess I just wanted to have some subtle levels of fanfic alarm in a dragon age thread...

Spoiler:

Non trailer screenshot, looks decent I guess. I'm getting an itch to replay origins again.

I played the hell out of Origins when it was out, several times over, every possible combination. But I couldn't get into II like, at all. I wanted to play it but .. it just didn't interest me one bit. Is it weird to be so in love with the first part of a series and so uninterested in the sequel? (*cough* Highlander) I couldn't even put my finger on why I didn't like it. Something just didn't click. But I've been waiting for Inquisition for a good while so I hope it will deliver the same kind of feelings I got with the first one.
    "Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see."

It's not weird to not like a sequel. Did you just not like the new game mechanics? The item management? Being stuck in one city?

If you aren't going to play the game before DA:I I suggest at least watching a Let's Play or something because it is basically a set-up game. There's a reason it's being told as a story to Cassandra from Varric.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post

Non trailer screenshot, looks decent I guess. I'm getting an itch to replay origins again.
    That actually is in the trailer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information