+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2142

Thread: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Default Re: Bo-bobo Dub Discussion

Mission successful (so far): Bo-bobo 21 is translated. If anyone wants to scanslate, be my guest.

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31070

(want to get through this and the next chapter since we're approaching Tennosuke and A-Block arc)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I would but I need the fecking RAWS.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I would but I need the fecking RAWS.
    Wish there was some way to get hands on them. (BTW: also did 22 and 23, they're also up on the same site...though 23 was tough with the crappy Japanese dictionary I brought to work today)

That sucks cause I'd seriously do it ( it be low quality mind you) but it would be better than nothing right?

I'd help out, but we need RAWs. I could make RAWs, but I'd need the volumes.

not having the raws is really iritating. I'm sure there out on the web somewhere but searching for them is a real bitch.

I have a bunch of Shinsetsu raws saved from when Manga Helpers was posting them (I've got the last third of the series [chapters 51 to 76, minus the chapter that Shinsetsu Bobopatchnosuke appears], plus a few random earlier chapters), and I also have a bunch of chapters saved from when they were posted earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, a lot of those chapters from the original series are Chinese scanlations by Jojohot, so their logo is pasted on all of the pages, and it's more difficult to find somebody who translates manga from Chinese than it is to find somebody who translates it from Japanese.

As well, if I were to upload some of these chapters, which site would work best?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    Wish there was some way to get hands on them. (BTW: also did 22 and 23, they're also up on the same site...though 23 was tough with the crappy Japanese dictionary I brought to work today)
    Ok, I know this might be a really stupid question, but if you didnīt have raws, where the hell did you translate the chapter from? Chinese scans, the spanish manga...?
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

Quote Originally Posted by luffink View Post
    Ok, I know this might be a really stupid question, but if you didnīt have raws, where the hell did you translate the chapter from? Chinese scans, the spanish manga...?
    I have the entire series save the final two Shinsetsu volumes (which I hope to get next time I'm in NY). These three chapters I've done are from the original Japanese. (I was hoping to do a fourth yesterday but I have a hard time doing this at home...plus there was a sequence where Don Patch was speaking antiquated Japanese and I had to look up practically every word)

Ook, sorry if I sounded rude, I didnīt get it ^^U

Chapter 24... what happened in that episode to make Don Patch talk in ancient japanese? I donīt remember now...

Ook, sorry if I sounded rude, I didnīt get it ^^U

Chapter 24... what happened in that episode to make Don Patch talk in ancient japanese? I donīt remember now...
    Its basically nothing to do with the plot, but basically Don Patch discovers Bo-bobo selling balloons in A-Block Park, so he suddenly turns into a samurai (with a piece of sushi on his head for a topknot) and says he has pressing business...all while Bo-bobo ties the balloons on him and makes him fly off to get rid of him. (and this is before the main part of the chapter)

Oh, yes, I remember that XD

The spanish manga is right now in the fifth volume, right after Hatenkôīs appearance... Did they translate his name in the english dub? (Heīs called "Unpredictable" here)

Oh, yes, I remember that XD

The spanish manga is right now in the fifth volume, right after Hatenkôīs appearance... Did they translate his name in the english dub? (Heīs called "Unpredictable" here)
    Anime just called him Hatenko. But the thing is that names are so transient in this country considering that the manga calls the second Hajike lead "Poppa Rocks", the anime calls him "Don Patch" and both are right. Most of the time a lot of the translated names in both the anime and manga were good...unless its something like "Nunchuck Ned" instead of "Nenchaku". (The "STOP Shinken" user in the Maruhage tourney)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

I just have a question..
    Why do dubs always translate the "4 Heavenly Kings" incorrectly?

In Gash Bell they translated it to the "4 Supreme Momodo", and in Bobobo they translated it to "The Big 4".

I've never liked when they did that, as it takes all of the awe and prestige of out of the title.
    Last edited by Lobster Pot-Sticker; May 16th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Because the US never really got anything to relate "Heavenly Kings" to...that and they probably think they are gods or something.

Progress Report: three more chapters done...including the "Roller Coaster Turtle Rap" which I know there are probably both mistakes and untranslated nonsense on. (at least this means the shorter A-Block fights are done and Katsu is next...probably Heppokomaru's only "long" fight until Shinsetsu) Somehow looking at the earlier part of the series like this makes me realize how refreshing it was to go back and forth between storyline and pointless silliness...let alone have a much smaller cast to work with.

I need to buy the manga I suppose. I wish someone out there would be like "Hey everyone I got these bobobo raws and such, here have 'em =D!"

Update: Bo-bobo chp. 21 has finally been released both on Mangahelpers and OneManga! Sure there may be a page missing but go get it! Meanwhile, vol. 3 has been completely translated! One more chapter of Tennosuke to go before entering the transition to the next major arc.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

!!

Does anyone know where to get high quality pictures of the Bobobo manga volume covers?

(urgent)
    Last edited by Lobster Pot-Sticker; May 20th, 2008 at 03:21 PM.

I have no idea, wish I knew, sorry

Onemanga now have chapter 22 also...saw that episode, but oh well, its still funny like always

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information