+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 829 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 727 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 16567

Thread: Pokemon X & Y

Default Re: Pokemon X & Y

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So, this time the game will be Updateable? So, that's the way to keep the secret pokemons, secret.
    In theory since the 3DS has memory card they could have DLC, but they say they aren't going to.

Though for the time being at least, the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, so all the raw data won't be available right off the bat. Things like max stats and IV spreads and full movesets/egg moves could take quite a bit longer to get this time.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post

This sums it up, yeah.
    Eh at least it's not Latios and Tyranitar.

Base stats for new pokemon will probably be hard to figure out precisely (there are already rough estimates) without a ton of samples, but Megas should be pretty easy assuming the formula hasn't changed. Just use the known normal version to find IVs, then mega evolve and use the calculated ivs to calculate base stats

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually, even calculating base stats for new pokemon won't be too hard if the formula hasn't changed. Just keep track of EVs by either only fighting known pokemon, or by maxing two out in the super training immediately, and then use a base stat calculator to pinpoint them

I still love how preliminary estimates for Aegislash have it with 150 in either both defense stats or both attack stats depending on form, and considering how it changes form, it'll KILL EVERYTHING

Aegislash is a pseudo, then?

Not exactly. It's base stat total is probably around 530 at any given time, but it's forme changing ability means it base stats might as well be legendary strength if you use it well

I looked better in Gen V Kazhar's Avatar

Pseudo are only those with a total BST of 600.

3DS Friend Code : 3222 - 6913 - 3431

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Base stats for new pokemon will probably be hard to figure out precisely (there are already rough estimates) without a ton of samples, but Megas should be pretty easy assuming the formula hasn't changed. Just use the known normal version to find IVs, then mega evolve and use the calculated ivs to calculate base stats

Actually, even calculating base stats for new pokemon won't be too hard if the formula hasn't changed. Just keep track of EVs by either only fighting known pokemon, or by maxing two out in the super training immediately, and then use a base stat calculator to pinpoint them

I still love how preliminary estimates for Aegislash have it with 150 in either both defense stats or both attack stats depending on form, and considering how it changes form, it'll KILL EVERYTHING
    Aegislash I think works this way.

It starts in defense form.

Then changes form depending on what move you do.

So if you attack, he changes into attack mode AFTER you attack. So your first attack is weak, but next ones are super powerful. But you are left defenseless though. If you want to go back to defense you have to do a non-attack move.

That way he isn't overpowered by having basically legendary atk and def. You have to basically sacrifice a turn switching forms. I can't remmeber his stats exactly, but I assume he is slow.

So seeing as he woudl start in defense form he will be able absorb any attack first round. But if you want to attack at all he will be super vulnerable the second round because enemy will attack him first. What you will probably see will be a lot of trick room teams going about. Ha someone slower teamed up with Aegislash, then first round goes like this.
    Round 1
    Aegislash in defense form
    1. Enemy 1 attacks
    2. Enemy 2 attacks
    3. Aegislash attacks, thus changing him to attack form. Since he was in defense before he attacked he took first two really well
    4. slowbro activiates trick room

Round 2.
    Aegislash is now in attack form
    1. Slowbro does whatever, retreats, attacks, who knows
    2. Aegislash attacks (does huge damge now that in attack form, should be able to take out a pokemon)
    3. enemy 2 or 1 attacks depending on who alive. Most likely target aegislash since he will be vulnerable.

Is there a move that makes the enemy have to attack you? Like what you would think taunt would do. Cause be smart then to have your slowbro or blissy or whatever your using as your meat tank or trick room activator use this move to then have attacks sent his way so the weak aegislash can just keep attacking and not get taken out by having null defense.

maxing two out in the super training immediately
    So I haven't been following anything too closely, but is this really possible!?
    Is there any rational reason to NOT do that immediately with anything you intend to have in your party for the long-term/use in meta-game? (besides tedium, presumably)

And just to confirm- "super training" just means playing those mini-games, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    So I haven't been following anything too closely, but is this really possible!?
    Is there any rational reason to NOT do that immediately with anything you intend to have in your party for the long-term/use in meta-game? (besides tedium, presumably)

And just to confirm- "super training" just means playing those mini-games, right?
    No idea. Don't think anyone has bothered yet. These leakers are too busy trying to beat game, find eveyr pokemon ect to get the big hits on their site/twitter or wahtever.

You get huge hits showing a picture of Charizard X versus posting info about super training.

I woudl guess no. I have a feeling these super training things are a mini game "somewhere" in the world. I don't think you can just push start and do them wherever/whenever. I would assume you go to some stadium or something and do training there. That's my guess. And I woudl imagine this not available till after a certain gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    Aegislash I think works this way.

It starts in defense form.

Then changes form depending on what move you do.

So if you attack, he changes into attack mode AFTER you attack. So your first attack is weak, but next ones are super powerful. But you are left defenseless though. If you want to go back to defense you have to do a non-attack move.

That way he isn't overpowered by having basically legendary atk and def. You have to basically sacrifice a turn switching forms. I can't remmeber his stats exactly, but I assume he is slow.

So seeing as he woudl start in defense form he will be able absorb any attack first round. But if you want to attack at all he will be super vulnerable the second round because enemy will attack him first. What you will probably see will be a lot of trick room teams going about. Ha someone slower teamed up with Aegislash, then first round goes like this.
    Round 1
    Aegislash in defense form
    1. Enemy 1 attacks
    2. Enemy 2 attacks
    3. Aegislash attacks, thus changing him to attack form. Since he was in defense before he attacked he took first two really well
    4. slowbro activiates trick room

Round 2.
    Aegislash is now in attack form
    1. Slowbro does whatever, retreats, attacks, who knows
    2. Aegislash attacks (does huge damge now that in attack form, should be able to take out a pokemon)
    3. enemy 2 or 1 attacks depending on who alive. Most likely target aegislash since he will be vulnerable.

Is there a move that makes the enemy have to attack you? Like what you would think taunt would do. Cause be smart then to have your slowbro or blissy or whatever your using as your meat tank or trick room activator use this move to then have attacks sent his way so the weak aegislash can just keep attacking and not get taken out by having null defense.
    It's unclear, but the way it was described makes me think it changes form AS it attacks, meaning attacks use the attack form stat, but I could be wrong

Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Forme. It seems he changes to Blade Forme when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Forme when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:

Battle start, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
    I select King's Shield.
    Aegislash uses King's Shield, stays in Shield Forme.
    Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls.

Turn two, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
    I select Iron Head.
    Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
    Aegislash turns to Blade Forme and uses Iron Head.

Turn three, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
    I select Swords Dance.
    Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
    Aegislash stays in Blade Forme and uses Swords Dance.

Turn four, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
    I select King's Shield.
    Aegislash turns to Shield Forme, uses King's Shield.
    Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls.
    yeah, this definitely makes it seem like it'll change forms right before the attack is used, so the attack always uses its attack stats

It's unclear, but the way it was described makes me think it changes form AS it attacks, meaning attacks use the attack form stat, but I could be wrong
    That just seems to overpowered to me though

To be sitting as a tank one turn then out of the blue being able to raise your attack 100 points instantly and attack.

You would just have people have aegislash and have him use moves like nastly plot or other things that increase whatever attack stat you want, while sitting peachily in a super bulky defense. Then instantly going to insane attack power.

There needs to be a downside, or he is too overpowered. Sure he is in his attack form after he attacks so he is vulnerable then, but if you raise his speed enough while in defense then he will then be able to just attack first and sweep.

That just seems to overpowered to me though

To be sitting as a tank one turn then out of the blue being able to raise your attack 100 points instantly and attack.

You would just have people have aegislash and have him use moves like nastly plot or other things that increase whatever attack stat you want, while sitting peachily in a super bulky defense. Then instantly going to insane attack power.

There needs to be a downside, or he is too overpowered. Sure he is in his attack form after he attacks so he is vulnerable then, but if you raise his speed enough while in defense then he will then be able to just attack first and sweep.
    Because Gamefreak has never introduced a super OP pokemon before...

Also, it's downside would be that it's fairly predictable because of that, and doesn't have a great HP stat or speed stat

Because Gamefreak has never introduced a super OP pokemon before...

Also, it's downside would be that it's fairly predictable because of that, and doesn't have a great HP stat or speed stat
    They had a statement saying they tried super hard this time to make it so that no OP and no adjustments would be needed.

Seems strange they would not notice the most obvious OP pokemon. Aegislash is super vulnerable in some way. He just seems to OP in other ways not to having super glaring weakness in another.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

You would just have people have aegislash and have him use moves like nastly plot or other things that increase whatever attack stat you want, while sitting peachily in a super bulky defense.
    I'm actually not so sure about that.
    Remember it stayed in Blade form when it used Swords Dance.

The whole strategy is shut down by taunt or ability changing moves and sticking to the strategy means you'll be super predictable, meaning anytime you defend your opponent has a free turn of set up. And even with its tanky defenses, its hp isn't great so it'll only be able to take so many hits, and it will be taking hits

Also, Gamefreak sucks at balancing the game. They acted like Fairy type would solve all the type imbalance problems by weakening dragon, while ignoring the criminally underpowered types like grass and ice. Hell, fairy type even makes Ice less useful since it takes away from its role as Dragon slayer

The whole strategy is shut down by taunt or ability changing moves and sticking to the strategy means you'll be super predictable, meaning anytime you defend your opponent has a free turn of set up. And even with its tanky defenses, its hp isn't great so it'll only be able to take so many hits, and it will be taking hits

Also, Gamefreak sucks at balancing the game. They acted like Fairy type would solve all the type imbalance problems by weakening dragon, while ignoring the criminally underpowered types like grass and ice. Hell, fairy type even makes Ice less useful since it takes away from its role as Dragon slayer
    They improved grass and ice. There is an ice move that is supereffective against water now. Besides Ice was already super important, basically the only thing super effective against dragons besides dragons themselves. Since everyone and thier grandmother seems to use dragons if not a legendary they were crucial.

Grass is now immune to all spore and other types of attacks.

I'm fine with those little changes, cause otherwise that's the problem with people on the internet. They always want some super change to make something "balanced" when in most cases the changes they hope for end up making said weak thing become overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    I'm actually not so sure about that.
    Remember it stayed in Blade form when it used Swords Dance.
    I haven't seen much of it switching. Using swords dance switches it to attack form?

I'm interested to see what switches it to attack form and what switches it to defense form.

Yeah, that's another of the new functions I'm eager to watch, how each pokemon behave when they use certain moves.

Well I'm off to play some more WW, so don't be waiting on any more responses from me if you quote me or anything.

They improved grass and ice. There is an ice move that is supereffective against water now. Besides Ice was already super important, basically the only thing super effective against dragons besides dragons themselves. Since everyone and thier grandmother seems to use dragons if not a legendary they were crucial.

Grass is now immune to all spore and other types of attacks.

I'm fine with those little changes, cause otherwise that's the problem with people on the internet. They always want some super change to make something "balanced" when in most cases the changes they hope for end up making said weak thing become overpowered.
    I haven't seen much of it switching. Using swords dance switches it to attack form?

I'm interested to see what switches it to attack form and what switches it to defense form.
    Except fairy type basically makes Ice type obsolete on the dragon killer front. And spore attacks really aren't common enough to really improve grass types in any significant way

I'll note that spore is the only worthwhile spore move, and in Gen V the only usable spore user was Breloom.

And one ice type move does not magically save the type, especially since I doubt many pokemon will actually gain access to it unless its a tm. And doesn't make it worthwhile to use an ice type pokemon rather than an ice type move with another type of pokemon

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I find it funny that GF actually acknowledged that Grass is a bad type with Forest's Curse.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information