+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2495

Thread: Steven Universe

Default Re: Steven Universe

The reddit acts like it has been anounced, without producing any link or tweet, or reference.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quick Review

Spoiler:

I can see how to milk another season, this one's after the first diamond clash went into "I think we are canceled guys" territory.

But the fact that we went over "I'm not real, because I'm my mom" core issue of Steven, the "I'm my mom and I must fix her mistakes", and his "I'm not my mom because I can't be better than her", what is left for a possible climax? Can we have a climax-less season?

Maybe a per-character epilogue, seeing the healed gems, homeworld or our characters adapting to the new status quo, or filling in the blanks of the off colors and reserve crystal gems were doing before they showed up.

It sounds like a cute idea, but not a final season idea, without a main conflict thread. And I don't feel like sneeple are the answer.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sunstone is the best gem.

Prove me wrong.

Hidden:

Whelp, that was a finale. Definitely rushed the last 8 or so episodes, and really rushed the last couple minutes, but a finale is definitely better than a cliffhanger. Not a bad ending overall.

There's absolutely room for more epilogue stuff and more checking in on the townspeople, and they've obviously announced the movie... but that really feels like it was the end, movie aside.

We never did get back to that pink haired girl Pearl was interested in. That's unusual for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Wasn't a new season greenlit.

I mean I know that means we're getting nothing until 2023 but still.
    Nope. Nothing official from cartoon network, outside of the movie announcement last summer.

Reddits and fanpages have extrapolated what they wanted to hear, but its variation on "the brazillian voice actress for character X tweeted they were recording dialogue on future stuff so that means season six confirmed!" that's gone back and forth in this thread the least two or three years.

At a guess just from how things paced out, I'd say the wedding was their original season ending, and they couldn't really negotiate an actual full length season 6 but were able to get okayed to do a 8 episode finale. So we got a 32 episode season (after many many delays) instead of 25 or 26. Under the show's normal pacing, Blue and Yellow on Earth would have been a handful of episodes by itself and it would have taken two or three episodes to get the legs working, but they just crammed like crazy and did the entire White arc really, REALLY fast.

And somehow they still found time to waste on another watermelon episode before the climax. Truly this show is this show

Or maybe tomorrow they'll announce there's another 20 episodes coming and we've been in season 6 for the last eight episodes already.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Ummm...who is CU?
    CaptainUsopp. Someone from the forum's olden days.

That I married.
    Last edited by Robby; January 22nd, 2019 at 03:39 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The watermelon episode aparently was because a guest animator or something like that. My guess is that it was done for a while outside normal schedule and they said "go".

About fusions, and miscelaneous gems:
    Spoiler:

Pink Quartz: Loved the design, even though is outside what I'd like, I guess after smoky quartz and her weird double arm, a symetric fusion just clicks.
    Sunstone: eh- on the design, loved the sanitized-wholesome-90's-tude
    Obsidian: A little bland on colors, but desing, powerwise and the such was just as I dreamed. And steven finally made it, he turned himself into a giant Woman. If we get Franky (on Sunny) vs San Juan Wolf, it will be like this, but with beams.

The character I want to see more of:
    Pink Pearl.

SW-4128-8032-0729

Was Sunstone designed by Ian Jones-Quartey? Because everything about that character screamed OK KO.
    Complicating things since 2009.

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

"Change your mind" was epic, it was even worthy be the series finale.
    But the question remains:
    Is this really the end?
    What about the movie and Season 6?
    Time will tell...

One thing is certain:
    I am satisifed, but I wouldn't mind to see more adventures from the Gems. :)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Doesn't netflix have it over there as well?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    https://www.thewatchcartoononline.tv...teven-universe

Make sure you have ad block on or you might get stupid ads.
    Eh, there's more on Hulu than just Steven Universe that I'd watch, it's just an element of my decision.

Netflix spain has at the very least 2 seasons.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spoiler:
    And steven finally made it, he turned himself into a giant Woman.
    LOL. Yes, so he did. So he did.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Sunstone is the best gem.

Prove me wrong.
    Wtf I wanted to post this. The fusion Marathon was just a great bit of last second fan service, and I appreciate that we got it.

A satisfying conclusion either way.

Spoiler:
    Though I do wish we got some dialogue from Jasper, considering her weird part in this story. However, I guess the expressions and interaction with Amethyst did say a lot, so I'm not exactly unhappy with it.

I do love White Diamond's awkward and embarrassed expressions on Earth.

The bit of
    Spoiler:
    Pure gem Steven screaming "she's GOOONNEE!" And then having a Testuo energy blast was weirdly chilling. I enjoyed it overall. The fan service of all the fusions was fun. White Diamond being beaten by humiliation + don't give AF attitude was a tad unexpected but I liked it.

My main dislike was Lars coming back so randomly lol. I thought at the very least he'd fight with the gems by maybe meeting up with Bismuth on the way or something. But I'm glad this was a longer episode.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; January 22nd, 2019 at 07:35 PM.

No doubt in mind this is the original ending before CN greenlighted another season.
    Spoiler:
    I would say everything happened a bit too fast but that's typical SU. It still worked brilliantly. We hit all the major plot points. My favorite moments are Blue and Yellow. I love their character arcs and relationship with each other. They really only had each other all this time. Their fear of WD and how it ties into a dysfunctional family works well. The show dropped the parallels, they're a screwed up family, period. Many people can relate.

Learning once and for all Steven IS Steven was a shocker. Guess the memories were echos of PD. WD's embarrassment was strange at first but I get it now. The desire to be perfect only to feel/do something you thought you'd never do. That's an image breaker. Still, it was quick, but I'm satisfied. Everything else was icing. The new forms (not crazy about them except for Pearl), the fusions (love Rainbow Quartz), Lars. Great stuff.

NNID: jervinnectar

So from today's podcast:
    Hidden:

Interviewer: The season ends with a song, "Change Your Mind", so what does that song. to you guys express the theme of the episode and just of the show in general.
    Rebecca: That song was not actually written for the show. That was a personal song that I wrote while fighting for the wedding. And at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to include it, because I knew I would feel exposed, but over the course of making the show, it was the thesis that I had arrived at, in order to keep functioning as a show runner. And I didn't want to half say it. I wanted to actually say what I'd learned and what I meant.
    Ian JQ: "Change Your Mind" isn't the end of the franchise Steven Universe, but "Change Your Mind" is the end to this particular story that we started writing back in 2011. And "Change Your Mind" is sort of like, almost even though it's something that you wrote during the process, it's kind of an encapsulation of sort of the whole thing. Do you have any thoughts about like it being like the finale to this part of Steven's story?
    Rebecca: The thing about Steven Universe is that it's a coming of age story. And this is something that he had to figure out in order to start making decisions for himself. And throughout the show it's actually been very difficult to write Steven, because he puts others in front of himself, and his motivations are so tied in with what he thinks other people want, what he thinks his mother would have wanted, what he thinks the gems want, who he thinks he's supposed to be, and this is where we finally break that all that down, he can't be distracted by any sort of "supposed to", it doesn't exist for him, and he doesn't have to be what other people want or expect him to be, that's what he needed to find.
    Ian JQ: I don't think it's a spoiler to say that this specific arc of Steven, 'Change Your Mind' definitively makes a definitive statement on Steven and who he is and what he thinks he is. And how he feels about it. And moving forward from now, it's going to be different.
    Rebecca; Everything will be different.
    Ian JQ: Everything will be different. I really hope that if you're the kind of person who is waiting to watch like more stuff, is that you don't think of the break between "Change Your Mind" and what comes next, as like, you're waiting for more of THIS show, because this version of it is done, there's going to be more, but it's going to be different and it's going to be something new. There's a lot more to do. But, we're not coming back here, because Steven has really figured something out about himself. So this part of the story, you know, that's it.
    Rebecca: Yeah.

Steven Universe 2.0: Gem Boogaloo

This show is a goddamn achievement.

Spoiler:
    the resolution to the "is Steven Rose" question was the most satisfying thing. And though it was quick, I love that it also is what triggered Whites meltdown: She was so sure she had pink figured out. That she was just acting out as a spoiled brat again. That she couldn't really have been serious about her problems with White, and homeworld. But she was. And she's never coming back. For the first time, White has to truly reckon with the fact that maybe...she was in the wrong. Which can be a terrible thought to some people...but thankfully, you are allowed to Change Your Mind

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Spoiler:
    Though I do wish we got some dialogue from Jasper, considering her weird part in this story. However, I guess the expressions and interaction with Amethyst did say a lot, so I'm not exactly unhappy with it.
    apparently:

Spoiler:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also... a tie between this, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and Bojack Horseman for best Western animated series of the '10s?

I'd put it first. I love Bojack extremely dearly, but the ambition and the sheer scope of what Steven Universe achieved with its format is utterly staggering to me. For a 10 minute Cartoon Network show to handle these themes this well and be this emotionally mature? I honestly think it might be the most important TV show I've ever seen. Bojack also encourages introspection and reckoning with toxic behavior, but by targeting kids, Steven Universe might help making them good people in the first place. Its existence legit brings me hope.

Plus, razor sharp writing and pacing, great art direction and music, elegant and non-intrusive worldbuilding, and astounding character work. Its just a damn, damn well told story.

I don't know in what world Bojack stands alongside the others. Or what world Adventure Time isn't just super far ahead of the rest because it was a monolithic series that shaped western animation through the decade (and was even directly responsible for the existence of Steven Universe).

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Well if you judge it just on "impact" sure, but "best" is a hard thing to quantify. I personally tapped out of Adventure time a few years back, but Bojack I eagerly await every year; It packs emotional wallops unlike any show I've ever seen, as well as delighted belly laughs. The sheer craft that goes into shaping the character arcs and comedy while still keeping things episodic impresses the heck out of me, but I'm slightly biased since the shows overall messaging is much in line with my own personal beliefs and values. To me, Bojack is one of the best shows on air because it engages me more than other shows, both in terms of its comedy, its characters, its drama and its themes...But Steven Universe even more so.

(Not saying you can't like Adventure Time more BTW, thats just my perspective on it in comparison to Bojack)
    Last edited by Daz; January 25th, 2019 at 01:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information