+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Default Re: Steven Universe

ho-leey-sheeat!

great episode! I loved basically everything, to Steven's song to the fusion! They way they handle with the fusion itself was quite good, as well. The elegant but energetic moves, the light song while Opal was running away from the scissored-crows. Beautiful. Re-watched these scenes countless times.

without knowing, was kind of a "hey, AT!, step up!" since Finn's episode this week was really weak (and disappointing).

While I'm not a huge fan of the nose, Opal reminds me a lot of Zelda 64 women.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I can't be the only one to take Amethyst's "I don't dance that way" and Pearls follow up reaction as a less than literal innuendo.

Also, I'm digging the minor continuity in the show. In the Cookie Cat episode we see the glow int he dark bracelet briefly in the freezer that gets brought up a few eps later. Also in the Kitten Fingers Amethyst is cycling through transformations and becomes the Panther from the Millionaire Tiger episode (geez this show sure likes cats...)

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

This show is bascially

Sailor Moon

+ 90's Amercian Cartoons / Adventure Time

+ Internet

=

Steven Universe

I really dig how casually horrifying this show gets at the drop of a hat. It's like "Sweet, adorkable, funny, action, OHGODWHY!, resolution, end"

The two most recent episodes (12 & 13) were both legitimately fantastic. One of my criticisms of the show has been that it tends to focus on Steven's characterization and growth over that of the Gems, who all have interesting flaws worth exploring. The fusion and aging plots both highlighted what makes the Gems interesting characters while also contributing compelling plotlines for Steven himself.

If the show can continue along this path of emphasizing the entire team's growth instead of just Steven's, then I'll be extremely impressed.

this is still season 1 right? i imagine that the show still hasn't hit it's stride yet and we have a good 2-3 more seasons that will possibly be better than this one

the thought of that makes me super happy

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Its funny, but Steven is the weakest element of the show. He's cute, sure. But, I can see us all getting tired of him pretty quickly. I don't know how far I can stretch my liking of him. I think as the show progresses and ratings stay consistent we'll see more plots involving the Gem's without Steven.

The Gems are so interesting, I want to learn more. And with the fusions added to it, I really want to see what combinations they can achieve; or if all three can become one. I do know that Amethyst and Garnet are set to fused in a future episode.

I was afraid I'd like Steven the least when the show started. But he's really grown on me past the initial batch of episodes.

I think Steven's great, not growing to have any dislike whatsoever. Episodes like So Many Birthdays kinda just make me like him more since you see what he's going through.

Discovered Stowaway Farsighted Annie's Avatar

I just adore Steven Universe both the character and the show. I just fine Steven so adorable .
    Oh, man am I behind on the episodes though.

I really hate how this show is on Wednesday's now thanks to Adult Swim moving up a hour.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Caught up to this show recently. I was intially sour about trying it out after the pilot, but damn. What an adorable show~
    The music is also the best I've ever heard in a cartoon. It's sounds so personal most of the time rather than generic stock sounds.

There is something hauntingly beautiful about this show. Does anyone else think of Tezuka's art when they look at Pearl?

read.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Okay, I'm sold. Watched like 3 random episodes. I'm so sold.

Steven is such a sweetheart, trying to help out~ And Garnet is darned cool~

Brb, gotta watch some more. Or not since I'm supposed to be studying...

Ha, I randomly saw that music video again and instantly thought of Garnet too. It'd be interesting if she had a chance to sing in an actual episode at some point.

Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar

Ok, just watched like the 4th episode. I'm in love. So personal and sensible. Really like those small moments. Also, i don't cable at home so i'll never finish watching it :(
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Ok, just watched like the 4th episode. I'm in love. So personal and sensible. Really like those small moments. Also, i don't cable at home so i'll never finish watching it :(
    http://animeflavor.com/cartoon/steven-universe

Genitals Rock. Rank: Failed Mutineer Prismeru's Avatar

<3 !!!!!!!!1 .
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information