+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Revolution Controller

I don't understand people and their strange opinions . This controller is perhaps the only reason why I would even care to buy a next generation console, otherwise I'll stick with my computer and forget the whole sunday entertainment.

Finding out what the revolution controller looks like and what it does is too great beyond my words ^^. To me, it looks sleek (especially with the other color assortments) and I'm itching to play it.

I'm a nintendo fan because they come up with more unique ideas than just another simple controller with non-simple buttons (I tend to have to look up and down at the xbox controller). I think that with the idea of waving your controller around and making it more virtual is good cause now game developers will have to think more about what more they could do with the game play. This leads me to another question of what games are there gonna be for the Revolution...

mmm... yolko love (eggyxeggy). warning: don't cook them.

Discovered Stowaway

it is cool but now it just needs really good games. even though it was said that PS2 and Xbox make things shiny but not innnovative, they have TONS of awesome games and gamcube doesnt have much.... if revolution has like 2 good games tehn that sucks
    my CD, THE GLASS, is now available on the iTunes Music Store!!

You can also get it from CD Baby
    Become my friend on
    myspace!!

After seeing the pictures and the video, I must say that it's... odd. It pretty much makes me want to wait a while (if I ever plan to get it, that is) and get some feedback from people that have used it. I've never been that keen on the whole wireless controller business, which is why I'm a little disappointed by the next-gen controllers (Nintendo and Sony anyway. I haven't seen the Xbox 360's.). First of all, I pretty much think that unless it comes with rechargeable batteries, why bother (but that's just me).

I'm not saying that the controller is ugly, but it looks like a hassle. For those that disagree with me, go ahead. I'm not going to try to change your mind.

Heres a picture of the Xbox 360 and its contorller and I have to say that Im dissipointed. Not new or original at all =(

Bon Clay is inside all of us

Quote Originally Posted by rice-a-roni
    Heres a picture of the Xbox 360 and its contorller and I have to say that Im dissipointed. Not new or original at all =(
    Where's the picture? No, wait. There is a picture after all, it's just completly white.

Wait a minute, now I get it! The Xbox 360 is invisable! WHOA HOT SHIT! THAT'S INNOVATIVE! [/Sarcasm]

From what I know, Microsoft is playing it safe with the 360 other than offering a core system that can just play games and doesn't have a hard drive or the abilitiy to use wireless controllers at a cheaper price. Maybe they are focusing less on new ideas for the console and more on getting decent games like Gears of War on their console as opposed to the Xbox getting mediocre games until Halo and Bungie came along.
    Sometimes, a dead woman is a dead woman. Sometimes a giant black gorilla is just a giant black gorilla.

Stop reading into every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zio
    ... as opposed to the Xbox getting mediocre games until Halo and Bungie came along.
    Didn't Halo came out almost immediately after XBox? Or was it just in Europe...

I've pondered over this again and again and I still can't grasp why so many are disappointed with external design of the new consoles. Although I think last time it was also the same thing, and before that too and... well, that far I don't remember anymore.

Edit: Omae, your link doesn't work, at least for me. Is it one these? Ign really did a good job though: The mock-up.

Maybe, I was not a fan of the 64 or cube controllers. The last thing i want is a cross between a remote control and a mouse.

Gotta say I'm a fan of the cube controller. (Not the Z button though) It's fun and effective, the remote is only 1/2 of that. I still think white looks terrible but a black controller with a red remote has gotta be sexxxxaaaaaaaayyyyy. I'm definitely a fan of the combo.

stop biching people, nintendo always learnds from its past experiences so if the controller doesent work they will proboly make a more conventional one.

Ohhhh, now I get it. The new consoles are a race in stupid controller design as much as they are in actual technology.

At this rate, the X-Box 1080 controller will deliver powerful electrical shocks to the user every fifteen minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by omae no kaasan v.2
    Gotta say I'm a fan of the cube controller. (Not the Z button though)
    I know what you mean. I think GameCube's controller would had been really good if the Z button would had been relocated, the cross button would had been a bit larger and the wire would had been twice as longer (thanks to WaveBird though).

It's amazing how flexible this little baby will be:
    You don't have to buy a light gun for shoot-em-ups.
    You don't have to buy a wheel for driving games.
    You don't have to buy an instrument for rhyme games.
    You don't have to buy a mouse for strategy games nor for first person shooters.
    You don't have to buy a joystick for flight simulators.
    You don't have to buy a joy stick for your girlfriend.
    And so on...

With add-ons, which means expenses though, you could probably turn it into anything. None the companies didn't include a screen for their controllers, and so wished for it, yet here there still will be a chance for it.

Mario Parties could be actually fun with this.

Figthing games could be a problem though but the basic controller is a wireless Nes's pad with four buttons which covers most of the popular fighting games out there (Tekken, Virtual Figthing, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive...). And if Nintendo delivers the shell expansion as they promised this could completely out do the problem. The nunchaku is probably enough for Smash Brothers.

I'm generally happy about wireless boom. Wires are a big annoyance in LAN parties, if you had two or more Xboxs plugged full of pads it always could become a quite of mess. And Cube's wires are too short! Wireless controllers are heaven, and having to change and recharge batteries is nothing when compared to the headache the wires causes.

Still, Revolution's problem is the games. If this will be solved then I'm sold but until then, no.

When I saw the video for the controller, one thing went through my mind: "Wario Ware will be sicker than fuck."

I can't wait.
    buttcheeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    When I saw the video for the controller, one thing went through my mind: "Wario Ware will be sicker than fuck."

I can't wait.
    I didn't even think about that. That would be excellent. I hope they do a Rev version of Wario Ware.

Also this will be a whole new mario party. Now I know what ur gonna say mario party is geting old. Call me a sucker for a gimic but I love those little mini games and am super excited for what nintendo will do with this...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information