+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 2,261 to 2,273 of 2273

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Thanks! Can't wait 'till Marineford is finished.

Discovered Stowaway

Whole Cake Island 9 released!

http://onepace.net/#/?episode=241

The only gripe I have with the project is that episodes are longer than the average 23-24 minute range. I know you guys have discussed this amongst yourselves repeatedly for years and came to the unanimous decision to let episodes run longer.
    That's just my preference to have the episodes fit closer to a more "official" anime recut.

Besides that, please keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The only gripe I have with the project is that episodes are longer than the average 23-24 minute range. I know you guys have discussed this amongst yourselves repeatedly for years and came to the unanimous decision to let episodes run longer.
    That's just my preference to have the episodes fit closer to a more "official" anime recut.

Besides that, please keep up the good work!
    We actually did, at one point, worry about the run-time. It ended up making the project a worse product in the end, though. We'd try to cut things that would never work naturally, and it created many instances of bad cuts musically and logically.

Sometimes Toei's pacing does allow for 2 chapters to fit into the 24 minute (or less) timeframe. But yeah, we've stuck to focusing on a strict "at least 2 chapters per episode", because in the end, the actual pacing of the content matters much more to us than the run-time these days. That, and we never want to take the Toei approach and end an episode mid-chapter, which can make or break a cliffhanger depending on what's adapted. On that note, the times we've done 3 chapters in 1 episode are usually because the ending of the third chapter wouldn't work as the halfway point of a normal 2 chapter paced episode.

I sometimes like to think of the episodes being like a Netflix series. Sometimes they can run the usual allotted time-frame, and sometimes they can go a bit over, or way over, depending on the content of the episode being created.

I only feel bad about it when it's just 2 episodes being cut together, and the run-time remains over 30 minutes. That usually only happens when the episodes are super content heavy, though.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Thanks for ep 9. Sad flashbacks usually get me but this didn't, i imagine if this was early 2000's One Peice i would have shed a tear

This probably has been answered already, but I didn't see it in the first few pages and I don't want to read over 100 pages .

Are there any plans to do the Baratie and Arlong park arcs? If so when?

I have a friend who initially didn't want to watch one piece because of the overwhelming episode count, but after I discovered this abridged version, he said he'd watch it with me. He just wouldn't be getting very far as of currently, so I thought I'd ask.
    Check out my channel:

www.YouTube.com/TheStashChannel

I'm not speaking for One Pace, but those parts are fine in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by TheStashRVM View Post
    This probably has been answered already, but I didn't see it in the first few pages and I don't want to read over 100 pages .

Are there any plans to do the Baratie and Arlong park arcs? If so when?

I have a friend who initially didn't want to watch one piece because of the overwhelming episode count, but after I discovered this abridged version, he said he'd watch it with me. He just wouldn't be getting very far as of currently, so I thought I'd ask.
    Those arcs will be done someday, but they aren't priority right now.

AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by parappa View Post
    Yeah, if it were up to me we'd just watch the anime, but I was only able to convince him after promising that I had found a more condensed version. I guess we'll start it anyway and hopefully by the time we get to usopp's arc, he wont mind watching the regular anime for the next two arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Those arcs will be done someday, but they aren't priority right now.
    Fair enough, I appreciate the response.
    Check out my channel:

www.YouTube.com/TheStashChannel

Quote Originally Posted by parappa View Post
    While I realize arcs prior had slow pacing and whatnot and could benefit from "One Pace", personally I didn't start really noticing an issue that bugged me with the anime until Thriller Bark, however it wasn't until the time-skip that things just completely seemed to grind to a halt and made the anime unbearable to watch.

Thanks! This is coming together nicely.

Is something up with your Trello? It seems like it's down. Or do you have a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by halfaxa9 View Post
    Thanks! This is coming together nicely.

Is something up with your Trello? It seems like it's down. Or do you have a new one?
    https://trello.com/b/37nkGfOw/one-pace is the new Trello page.

You can also find an alternative on the website, under the progress tab.

AP Discord

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information