+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3070

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

The arc people have been waiting for: ARABASTA ONE IS NOW RELEASED!

Torrent: Click Here!
    Zippyshare: Click Here!

Also includes spanish subs

AND THATS NOT ALL!!

Post-War 7 is out!

Torrent: Click Here!
    Zippyshare: Click Here
    Last edited by Demon Rin; December 20th, 2020 at 09:57 PM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by demon rin View Post
    the arc people have been waiting for: arabasta one is now released!

Torrent: click here!
    zippyshare: click here!

also includes spanish subs

and thats not all!!

Post-war 7 is out!

Torrent: click here!
    zippyshare: click here
    Let's. Freakin'. Go. :D
    :D

EDIT: Also, I noticed you guys are going with "Ara" instead of "Ala." Is the official Romaji ARABASTA? I've also noticed that "Reverie" (Levely) hasn't been updated to reflect the manga yet.
    Last edited by TARIPAR; December 21st, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
    Hippity, hoppity, your shoulder is now Carrot's property.

Awesome, another double-release! Just one more episode of the Post-War to go before we have everything in an unbroken line from Eneis Lobby till Wano given the Pace treatment, can't wait.

And Alabasta/Arabasta next, huh. Pretty cool, certainly one of the better remaining arcs. Hopefully once Drum Island is finished up we'll get Baratie next so we close that first gap, though. Then (with Post-War finished before then, presumably) there'll only be two gaps in all of One Pace, Arabasta till Skypeia and the rest of Water Seven - with both of them being worked on!

Quote Originally Posted by TARIPAR View Post
    Let's. Freakin'. Go. :D

EDIT: Also, I noticed you guys are going with "Ara" instead of "Ala." Is the official Romaji ARABASTA? I've also noticed that "Reverie" (Levely) hasn't been updated to reflect the manga yet.
    These google docs keep track of romanizations and the logic of why certain names are used:

Reference Guide

Usually the name thatís romanized most in the original Japanese version of the manga wins unless itís inconsistent or else wouldnít conform to certain rules of thumb when it comes to translation. These are the general guidelines:

0) We generally favor American English when considering subtitle terms. All terms must conform to general English rules when it comes to capitalisation and spelling. This includes series terms and titles. Contractions can be used.

1) Character names/unique object names are never translated.

2) Titles, types of objects, event names, group names and most nicknames are translated.

3) Location names (usually in Kanji) are always translated unless the pronunciation is given in kana, in that case stick with a romanization of the kana. (if it is a katakana representation of an english word make adjustments if necessary).

5) Onomatopoeia are never written out.

6) Attack names are generally left translated unless it would ruin a pun/reference.

7) Any dialogue in a language other than Japanese can be left in said language.

8) Any Japanese term that has been adopted into English doesnít have to be translated but it should be written with the standard romanization (Geisha, Sushi, Karate, Samurai ect).

9) Any Japanese term that has cultural/historical references that would be lost if translated can be kept in Japanese under some circumstances.

10) Honorifics are to be kept untranslated unless they are redundant. (Like Master-sama would just be master). Names are to be kept in the Japanese order, Surname before the given name. Measurements are generally to be kept in the units originally presented.

11) Romanization from the author are to be used unless they contradict any of these rules. If there is a dispute then go with the romanization that makes the most sense meaning wise or is used the most.

12) Sentence structure must generally be reordered to SVO to sound more natural.

13) Exceptions can be made to these principles under certain circumstances. E.G. the admiral code names.

So for example ďMugiwaraĒ is romanized a few times in colour spreads and the like, but thatís ignored because it violates rule 2. Issues that appear to be spelling mistakes are also amended like Gurdiams to Guardians. Whenever itís trying to mimic an existing word there is something to reference.

Recently Road Poneglyph was updated to Lode Poneglyph to better reflect the reference to Lodestar. Some things like that and Laugh Tale have hidden meanings that donít become apparent for years, so it makes no sense to tie oneself to popular terms that are less reflective of the meaning. A lode is like a guiding point in Middle English, the North Star is a Lodestar and you find out you need them on Lodestar Island.

Levely doesnít mean anything as far as I can discern, so at the moment there is no clear reason to change Reverie other than romanization, which could be a mistake. Since that example is unclear an exception was made specifically for it.

Here is a google doc documenting Arabastaís romanizations and arguments specifically.

Arabasta and Alabasta are used interchangeably by Oda in the original manga. This is because L and R are the same letter in Japanese. Ara is used more recently but with how inconsistent heís been in the past itís better to look at other official Japanese sources and dig into the route arguments behind each name. Ara is by far and away used most in other Japanese mediums, from the anime to guidebooks, colour walk, dvd cases, manga compilations, the site ect. It also reflects the intended puns more directly.

The setting is based on the Arabian peninsula. (At least the modern parts, the more ancient underground parts are specifically Egyptian, while the modern cities and fashion reflect post Islamic styles in the region). Even the food and climate match.

There is a popular fan theory about alabaster stone being a potential reference but that is also represented by the ďbastĒ part of Arabasta, if you assume itís a portmanteau. Alabasta only reflects the second potential reference and that reference is far less obvious/ direct.

The fan base has been split on it for years and more recently Alabasta has been popularised by the official English adaptations but they occasionally make odd decisions like Zolo, so I think itís best not to tie oneself to the subjective interpretations of one countriesí localisation when itís a global effort. When itís this inconsistent itís best to look at other primary sources and try and go with the option that makes the most sense in a vacuum.

While I think this approach results in a more accurate/ fitting result, I appreciate that some people will always prefer what theyíre used to and thatís cool. Sometimes like with Raftel change takes time or else itís just up to the individual what they use.

However, for a project like this, I think itís best to just examine each term as it comes and evaluate their merits to come to the best outcome you can.

Thanks for a thorough explanation as to the logic behind these choices, that was really fascinating!

Are you guys planning on adding japanese subtitles??

Hello I was looking for One Pace Baratie Arc, I'm making my girl starting one piece and thanks to this it's happening. I would apreciate ur support.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by xavico View Post
    Are you guys planning on adding japanese subtitles??
    It doesn't look like it, at least not at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubavictor97 View Post
    Hello I was looking for One Pace Baratie Arc, I'm making my girl starting one piece and thanks to this it's happening. I would apreciate ur support.

Kind regards
    At moment, Baratie is the one chunk of East Blue that isn't Paced yet. Typically we do not announce release plans or schedules and I am just script QC, not in charge of what arcs get tackled when, but I do feel confident saying not to wait on Baratie, it's likely not happening anytime soon.

Honestly tho, while the Paced version is a really good thing and does provide an easier breezier run through the series, the vanilla version of the early series' pacing is a lot better than it would get later on, so it shouldn't be too jarring to jump to the vanilla anime for this one arc.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feeso View Post
    These google docs keep track of romanizations and the logic of why certain names are used:

Reference Guide

Usually the name that’s romanized most in the original Japanese version of the manga wins unless it’s inconsistent or else wouldn’t conform to certain rules of thumb when it comes to translation. These are the general guidelines:

0) We generally favor American English when considering subtitle terms. All terms must conform to general English rules when it comes to capitalisation and spelling. This includes series terms and titles. Contractions can be used.

1) Character names/unique object names are never translated.

2) Titles, types of objects, event names, group names and most nicknames are translated.

3) Location names (usually in Kanji) are always translated unless the pronunciation is given in kana, in that case stick with a romanization of the kana. (if it is a katakana representation of an english word make adjustments if necessary).

5) Onomatopoeia are never written out.

6) Attack names are generally left translated unless it would ruin a pun/reference.

7) Any dialogue in a language other than Japanese can be left in said language.

8) Any Japanese term that has been adopted into English doesn’t have to be translated but it should be written with the standard romanization (Geisha, Sushi, Karate, Samurai ect).

9) Any Japanese term that has cultural/historical references that would be lost if translated can be kept in Japanese under some circumstances.

10) Honorifics are to be kept untranslated unless they are redundant. (Like Master-sama would just be master). Names are to be kept in the Japanese order, Surname before the given name. Measurements are generally to be kept in the units originally presented.

11) Romanization from the author are to be used unless they contradict any of these rules. If there is a dispute then go with the romanization that makes the most sense meaning wise or is used the most.

12) Sentence structure must generally be reordered to SVO to sound more natural.

13) Exceptions can be made to these principles under certain circumstances. E.G. the admiral code names.

So for example “Mugiwara” is romanized a few times in colour spreads and the like, but that’s ignored because it violates rule 2. Issues that appear to be spelling mistakes are also amended like Gurdiams to Guardians. Whenever it’s trying to mimic an existing word there is something to reference.

Recently Road Poneglyph was updated to Lode Poneglyph to better reflect the reference to Lodestar. Some things like that and Laugh Tale have hidden meanings that don’t become apparent for years, so it makes no sense to tie oneself to popular terms that are less reflective of the meaning. A lode is like a guiding point in Middle English, the North Star is a Lodestar and you find out you need them on Lodestar Island.

Levely doesn’t mean anything as far as I can discern, so at the moment there is no clear reason to change Reverie other than romanization, which could be a mistake. Since that example is unclear an exception was made specifically for it.

Here is a google doc documenting Arabasta’s romanizations and arguments specifically.

Arabasta and Alabasta are used interchangeably by Oda in the original manga. This is because L and R are the same letter in Japanese. Ara is used more recently but with how inconsistent he’s been in the past it’s better to look at other official Japanese sources and dig into the route arguments behind each name. Ara is by far and away used most in other Japanese mediums, from the anime to guidebooks, colour walk, dvd cases, manga compilations, the site ect. It also reflects the intended puns more directly.

The setting is based on the Arabian peninsula. (At least the modern parts, the more ancient underground parts are specifically Egyptian, while the modern cities and fashion reflect post Islamic styles in the region). Even the food and climate match.

There is a popular fan theory about alabaster stone being a potential reference but that is also represented by the “bast” part of Arabasta, if you assume it’s a portmanteau. Alabasta only reflects the second potential reference and that reference is far less obvious/ direct.

The fan base has been split on it for years and more recently Alabasta has been popularised by the official English adaptations but they occasionally make odd decisions like Zolo, so I think it’s best not to tie oneself to the subjective interpretations of one countries’ localisation when it’s a global effort. When it’s this inconsistent it’s best to look at other primary sources and try and go with the option that makes the most sense in a vacuum.

While I think this approach results in a more accurate/ fitting result, I appreciate that some people will always prefer what they’re used to and that’s cool. Sometimes like with Raftel change takes time or else it’s just up to the individual what they use.

However, for a project like this, I think it’s best to just examine each term as it comes and evaluate their merits to come to the best outcome you can.
    Ah, I see. I didn't realize Arabasta/Alabasta in particular was so complex and non-standard (or that even Oda was inconsistent). I had also never even considered that it was a pun on Arabia, but now it seems so obvious. Ha!

As for Levely, I can understand your reasoning. I think I disagree, but that's not a big deal. Fan terms are one of those things that stick around nigh forever, even with official things being different. And the official English translation of course complicates it too. Raftel/Laugh Tale is humorous in hindsight (pun slightly intended), but to be honest, I like the idea of it being spelled "Raftel" until the reveal. Makes sense in-lore too.

Regardless, thanks for your insight. I really appreciate it, both as a fan and someone studying Japanese as a hobby.

Nice, another Wano release!

Hopefully now that Act 2 is over the need to wait for missing scenes is lessened.

I just wanted to say I will be ecstatic when episodes 944-946 are covered. Holy hell. I pity anyone who watched those normally. And I will pity the One Pace team for having to suffer through them for several hours while editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    thanks for the episode, but why is it that the file of zippyshare is a *.mp4? was it changed on purpose?

What happened with Drum Island and Skypiea? Why did you start Arabasta instead of continuing them?

Quote Originally Posted by BloobyVolley View Post
    thanks for the episode, but why is it that the file of zippyshare is a *.mp4? was it changed on purpose?
    Zippyshare has always been a hard-coded MP4. The MKVs can only be gotten through torrents.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Wawruto View Post
    What happened with Drum Island and Skypiea? Why did you start Arabasta instead of continuing them?
    Skypiea has been on hold for a long while.

Drum Island is handled by a different editor than Arabasta. Episodes are released as they are finished.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Less than a month between episodes for the same editor is pretty impressive.

Setting a nice pace for Arabasta from the off, good work team! And always nice to see progress made with Wano. Thanks for all the hard work!

Post-War 8 (the finale) is out!!
    The gap between Enies Lobby all the way up to Wano is now closed!

Torrent: Click Here
    Zippyshare: Click Here
    Last edited by Demon Rin; January 18th, 2021 at 09:38 AM.

Post War being done is going to make it so much easier to get people invested in One Pace, amazing.
    K-F|Jango

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information