+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2084

Thread: One Pace

Default Re: One Pace

Galaxy can you post what the new one pace releases info are: Covered toei episodes, covered chapters & length of release. I used to take that info from your torrent posts on nyaa, but with nyaa gone I don't know where else to find them.

I just realized I don't need the covered chapters as they are now part of the release name and I can get the length easy but I still need the covered episodes part.

Quote Originally Posted by AMT View Post
    Galaxy can you post what the new one pace releases info are: Covered toei episodes, covered chapters & length of release. I used to take that info from your torrent posts on nyaa, but with nyaa gone I don't know where else to find them.

I just realized I don't need the covered chapters as they are now part of the release name and I can get the length easy but I still need the covered episodes part.
    I'll include that info in all new Wordpress posts from now on.

Do you need any for any of the prior releases?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post

could you add the episode numbers beside the chapter numbers in the file names?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunreaper View Post
    could you add the episode numbers beside the chapter numbers in the file names?
    No. That'd just make the file name cluttered. Some episodes would repeat, as some are used in two One Pace episodes. Then some of the file names would just be awkward, with stuff like "780-782, 784, 787".

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Nice work on 42!

I actually only noticed a single music cut, and it was handled so smoothly I don't think it's worth listing. Barring that, the only error I noticed was a lowercase D (as in, will of D) at 4:51.

Keep it up dudes! :)

Thanks for the great work, but damn, this fight still feels sluggish. I guess it's just messed up beyond repair

Know of a good app to play torrents for galaxy I tried bitx but it wouldnt play the images
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Know of a good app to play torrents for galaxy I tried bitx but it wouldnt play the images
    If you're trying to play our files, I doubt they will work on mobile. We use the x265 encoding method and mkvs, which I've never heard of working on mobile.

I suggest going to http://onepace.net/watch/ and watching the streams in a mobile browser.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Aronel View Post
    Nice work on 42!

I actually only noticed a single music cut, and it was handled so smoothly I don't think it's worth listing. Barring that, the only error I noticed was a lowercase D (as in, will of D) at 4:51.

Keep it up dudes! :)
    Out of curiosity, what cut was it?

As for the subtitle error, I'm now in the process of updating the torrent/stream with it.

Here's the xdelta file for anybody who knows how to patch a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/15pkvxc8ur5bjad/DR42%20Patch.xdelta?dl=0

Using that will allow you to have the updated version without redownloading.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; May 13th, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Out of curiosity, what cut was it?
    It was at 3:34. While it was certainly noticeable, I didn't find it jarring, because as far as I can tell, you've added some sort of cross-fade to soften it. You've also timed the underlying beats in the score nicely.
    Last edited by Aronel; May 14th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.

If you're trying to play our files, I doubt they will work on mobile. We use the x265 encoding method and mkvs, which I've never heard of working on mobile.

I suggest going to http://onepace.net/watch/ and watching the streams in a mobile browser.

Our of curiosity, what cut was it?

As for the subtitle error, I'm now in the process of updating the torrent/stream with it.

Here's the xdelta file for anybody who knows how to patch a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/15pkvxc8ur5bjad/DR42%20Patch.xdelta?dl=0

Using that will allow you to have the updated version without redownloading.
    That's what I tried first but the streams are extremely choppy even though i have 3/4 bars so I dont know what's happening, Ive tried stopping and starting for minutes at a time but 30 secomds is the most it goes for me
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    That's what I tried first but the streams are extremely choppy even though i have 3/4 bars so I dont know what's happening, Ive tried stopping and starting for minutes at a time but 30 secomds is the most it goes for me
    You should be able to download the stream itself, then. Press and hold on the video and a prompt should come up to download.

You'll be able to watch those downloaded mp4s on your phone easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronel View Post
    It was at 3:34. While it was certainly noticeable, I didn't find it jarring, because as far as I can tell, you've added some sort of cross-fade to soften it. You've also timed the underlying beats in the score nicely.
    Ah, that one. There is a small fade there indeed. I was iffy about it from the beginning because of the volume change, but I'm glad it's not too jarring!

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Only the last two: Dressrosa 41 & Whole Cake Island 01

Quote Originally Posted by AMT View Post
    Only the last two: Dressrosa 41 & Whole Cake Island 01
    Dressrosa 41 - Episodes 723-725
    Whole Cake Island 01 - 777-779, 783 (And 130 for the Robin flashback, but not significant enough).

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

So, why aren't you guys using x265 ? I noticed that you started using it mid-Dressrosa then stopped.

Doesn't it equal double the quality ?

Quote Originally Posted by fshadow1998 View Post
    So, why aren't you guys using x265 ? I noticed that you started using it mid-Dressrosa then stopped.

Doesn't it equal double the quality ?
    Every single one of our new releases for the past 2 years have been encoded in the x265 format.

The only videos that aren't are the streams, because the web player can't handle it. Otherwise, the only torrent downloads that aren't x265 are the ones we released before switching at the beginning of 2015.

And no, x265 doesn't equal double the quality. It just results in the same quality as a video encoded in x264, with a smaller file size.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; May 19th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Cheers for 43!

You've kept a good thing going since last episode, as this one was handled very smoothly, too. :)
    Really, the only cut I noticed was the music skipping half a beat at 2:26. It's just a split second off, but it's a minor one.

That's it! Rest of the episode seemed close to flawless to me. Well done, dudes!

I feel you try too hard to cut every little second of pause. Like, cutting the half second of Burgess smirking or the half second before he starts talking. I can understand issues with the pacing but are people that impatient that they can't deal with such minor pauses? Plus, pauses between dialogue are (sometimes not always) natural in some scenes.

The flip side of this personal criticism is how you handled the horrible, horrible padding with Luffy and Doffy staring each other down which shows why this project is worth the effort. Don't take anything I said personally, but perhaps consider saving your efforts for the scenes that truly need it rather than the minor little pauses that really aren't that bad to begin with. Regardless though, good work nonetheless.

I feel like that mentality is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand, I understand that some dialogue pauses can feel natural and be beneficial. However, in the case of One Piece I never feel like Toei is putting them in for THAT reason. It's always to fill time. And by taking out these second and half seconds of time not only does it make the episode flow faster but also reflect the pace of the original manga. Which is, of course, the entire purpose.

And, unfortunately, since they've been using this technique of cutting frames for so long, choosing to not use it once and letting a scene play out normally runs the risk of having it stand out compared to everything around it, which would play out more quickly. I'm also sure there's probably some kind of middle ground that could be reached but then I think, on the other hand, you can't please everyone. \_(ツ)_/

At the end of the day I'd say the occasional unnatural cut is just a necessary evil for this project. And I'll take that over the original episodes any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information