+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which FUNimation dub voices are you your least favorite?

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Default Re: Which FUNimation dub voices are you your least favorite?

I never cared much for Arlong's dub voice... And that's about all I remember at the moment.

As for Colleen VS Tanaka... They both do a good job, but I must say Tanaka's take is kind of infinitely superior. Though that may just be because after like seven years, I've become so accustomed to hearing Luffy with that specific voice.

I don't really like Granny Kokoro's English voice actor. A bit raspy/weak, which a lot of english voice actors are when compared to their Japanese versions, IMO.

I love Luffy's voice in Japanese, but not so much english. :(

Although I don't have any qualms with Usopps.

I HATE Aokiji's voice. No affence to people with western accents, but i just NEVER imagined him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Money and Spades View Post
    I HATE Aokiji's voice. No affence to people with western accents, but i just NEVER imagined him like that.
    I love Aokiji in english.... "Another lady with big bazongas!"

I'm more than happy with the dub, although the one voice that bothers me is Chopper! As long as his voice gets deeper in his Monster Point then I'll be ok.

Something I'm curious to find out is what Funimation plans to do with Oz. I recall a lot of people people disappointed (myself included) that the Japanese version just used Luffy's voice for Oz, and that it sounded really weird, so I'm eager to get to Thriller Bark to see how they interpret it.

^I'd be fine if they did the same thing that the original did. It'd be funny.

My least favorite voices are probably the ones that sound too much like boring regular people...One Piece is no place for that!

I like all of the voices. I speak english so I just generally like most english voices. Although maybe Travis Willingham's Ace is a bit too serious? It sounds good when he's laughing and having fun but I thought his normal voice would sound a little more laid back. And I don't see the problem with the one liner guys. They're just normal fools who have no importance to the story at all. So they should just sound like normal people.
    Last edited by Roronoa1; May 23rd, 2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Didn't wanna double-post

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Yeah. Some people fail to grasp that Luffy himself is an annoying character. So is Usopp, really. Their voices appropriately reflect this.
    I don't think that's it. I know some people that really like those characters to death, but they just plain don't like their voices despite how much they reflect on their character.

Personally, I liked Colleen's Luffy at first, but after awhile it started to grate because of the way she screams all the time. And considering Luffy screams a lot, that ends up being pretty bad on the ears. Whenever Tanaka screams, it's fine, because she has a smoother voice, while Clinkenbeard has this really harsh rasp to her voice. She's fine when she speaks normally, though.

For Usopp, I like both actors, I just don't know how believable it is for Usopp to have a completely different voice as Sogeking/Sniper King on Strait's part, and I do like Yamaguchi's take on the song more than Strait's because of some technical stuff that constantly throws me off in the dub version.

I think my least favorite voice thus far is Crocodile. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right to me. Course that could be that I'm just biased and I just really like the Japanese version above all else...but man, that was just an awesome voice for the character. I guess I hoped for something similar for the English version.

The english dub for Crocodile seemed to go more for the mafia leader type voice (without an italian accent or anything). That's alright since I don't think they could find a possible replacement for Crocodile's Japanese voice actor. His voice is incredibly low pitched to the point that he's probably the voice actor called when they need someone who's voice is simply that low.

Re: Sogeking, considering it's really the same person in real life... Then yeah, it's realistic. Because it's what's happening in real life.

I like all the english voices the funi dub is so good.

I absolutely love Robin's voice. It's so calm and strong.
    Her voice actress is one of my new favorites altogether. First time I heard her was as Olivier Armstrong and she was just perfect.

I have no problem at all with the FUNimation voices in fact its one of my favorite dubs of all time but i had some trouble with Luci Christian at first as Nami as i felt she was having a hard time emoting as her and felt this was similar when she first voiced Kaname in Full Metal Panic but around either the Baratie or Arlong Park i really began enjoying her performance and she beats the Japanese voice by MILES now

I didn't really like Crocodile's funimation voice actor, however I had its fine. I just got spoiled with Crocodile's Japanese voice.

i hate zoros voice its not sabats voice acting i hate just his voice it doesnt suit zoros personality at all even 4kids zoro is better i hate aces voice for the same reason overall its a great dub tho and there are some charcaters for who i prefer the dub voice to over the original japanese doflamingo for example the japanese voice for mingo is way to deep funni version suits his personality better

Eh, probably Luffy's voice. It's not that bad, but I still don't find it all that fitting... The Russian dub did a pretty good job, though, but I digress.

Next to that, Chopper's English voice is a little too cutesy and is kinda grating at times.

Franky's voice is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
    I like his english voice better than his Japanese. His Japanese voice annoys me.
    Last edited by cpuguy18; January 7th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
    3DS FC 5429-6917-2690
    Nintendo id: Lugia 16

I like all the dub except for Luffy. His voice in the english dub really annoys me for some reason. Considering the fact Luffy screams all the time, whoever is voicing him hurts my ears. I don't know why the Japanese Luffy's scream sounds smoother. Hard to explain <.<

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
    say your sorry. i love franky's voice.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information