+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Which FUNimation dub voices are you your least favorite?

Default Re: Which FUNimation dub voices are you your least favorite?

Gotta be Kizaru and Franky. Kizaru doesn't fit the character and Franky's just isn't as good as the original, which is one of the best voices in the original.

I'm looking foward to Marineford dubbed but it also means more crap Kizaru douche voice. Maybe Funimation will be all like "Hey guy, would you mind you know sounding more aloof?" I can only hope...

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hair View Post
    I'm looking foward to Marineford dubbed but it also means more crap Kizaru douche voice. Maybe Funimation will be all like "Hey guy, would you mind you know sounding more aloof?" I can only hope...
    Mike McFarland will be directing the show again and he seems to have a pretty great understanding of One Piece, so I'm sure he'll be able to direct the actor in the direction that fits the character best

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Mike McFarland will be directing the show again and he seems to have a pretty great understanding of One Piece, so I'm sure he'll be able to direct the actor in the direction that fits the character best
    This is one of the few cases I'd be cool with a totally new voice actor for Kizaru. Yes, I thought that guy did that bad. Yeah, I know he was the same guy from Film Z but they didn't HAVE to keep him for the main Anime. Even if they don't change him he'd better read up/watch up or something and learn to replicate Kizaru's mannerisms.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

For the Straw Hats, I probably like Chopper's the least; I get that it's supposed to be higher-pitched since he's so young, but it sounds too high, and makes it sound like he's always whining. Kind of ruins him for me in the English dubbed version. Actually, most of the dubbed voices for the Straw Hats threw me off at first after I'd gotten so used to the Japanese versions (excepting Nami and Usopp, who don't sound drastically different), but I got used to all of them and like them all (except, as I mentioned, Chopper). Especially the case for Franky since I only recently reached his entrance in the English dubbed anime, but he's grown on me, too.
    Hidden:

There's really no characters that I dislike in terms of their voices, although I'm not too fond of Jinbei's voice in the dub. Kizaru is also kinda meh too.
    Wolf's Rain = BEST. ANIME. EVER. :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information