+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 190 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3782

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

http://sensescans.com/reader/read/ki.../52/560/page/1

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    I can see Shin dealing with Gakuei the same way Ouki took out Shomou way back when. I feel like that'd be a good way to show that he's starting to play with the big boys and make his inevitable victory over Gyo'un not feel like a bit of an asspull.

Who knows with Hara sometimes though.
    Good observation.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

With the strenght of a raging fire....

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Good observation.
    Spoiler:
    Ta, thought it was the only way it could go down. He defeated Keisha without a huge amount of hassle and Gakuei was his subordinate.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

glaive skills: acquired

On his road to becoming the next Big Bird of Qin

So, he was doing image training, huh. Nice parallel and development for shin.

So, one Zhao down. I hope at most one other will fall at maximum.

The job now is for Shin and Ouhon to do what Mouten did on the left and stabilize the situation and keep the frontline standing. If they can decisively cripple the demoralized Gakuei army, that should be possible, especially if the two other Zhao generals are cut up from their own armies.

What I wonder: It was said that the Qin plan would not work and result in a Zhao triumph, but right now everything went well (minus the wounded Akou).
    Riboku also had yet another fuck-up where despite everything being in his favour he lost another general, while he himself chilled in the center with no care in the world. Really impressive Great General stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    What I wonder: It was said that the Qin plan would not work and result in a Zhao triumph, but right now everything went well
    Is this really what was said? The narrator does comment in 555 on how Qin's plan (to take out Gakuei) would "backfire spectacularly", but there's no mention of a Zhao triumph as far as I remember. I think it's only meant to imply that Qin will end in a more difficult position, if that's even possible.
    Said comment was followed by a brief exchange between Bananji and Riboku, who revealed a weakness of Akou's army - probably the defense strategy from a couple chapters ago.

All things considered, I'd say we are right in the middle of the horrible backfire:
    - Akou may survive, but with everything he tanked it's not unlikely he'll be out of commission for the following days. Deputy Gu Nei is gone as well and their army may have suffered considerable losses after Bananji and Snake Guy 1 pierced their defense.
    - I'm not positive on this, but the Hi Shin unit may have taken more damage than anticipated due to Gakuei & soldiers' lust for revenge.
    - Despite all of Shin's badassery last chapter, the Gakuei army is far from done. They may be without a commander, but the war council insisted that both general and army had to go down on that same day. Yet the Gyoku Hou and Akou armies are retreating, and the Zhao have begun to converge on the Hi Shin. I have a hard time picturing who will finish the job under such conditions.

Long story short, I wouldn't go as far as to say everything went well. The Qin right wing may end outnumbered and without a general. As for their 3-day plan they may not even manage to completely take out the Zhao army that was said to be weakest. And that was just day 1...
    Last edited by Seafarer33; May 30th, 2018 at 02:38 PM.

Added to that Chougaryuu is still to make his move.Truly the fight is far from over( if Hara wants to make it more desperate).
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    The narrator does comment in 555 on how Qin's plan (to take out Gakuei) would "backfire spectacularly"
    Yeah I had that wrong.
    But in my eyes it did neither backfire nor in any spectacular fashion yet (though this can change of course)

It was a shame that Akous formation did not hold longer, but it was clear from the beginning that he had to held back three seperate armies, so his army would take larger casualties.
    Sure, it was broken very swiftly and Ouhon had to switch over to help, but Akou himself survived and his army is intact. Shin meanwhile arrived against Gakuei a bit later then expected but took him down instantly.

So far, anything went successfully for the Qins.

I agree that the job is half-done and that the Gakuei army has to be destroyed as well (to prevent a similiar scenario to the Qin left wing after Makous death) but that does seem to be doable if you factor in morale.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Added to that Chougaryuu is still to make his move.Truly the fight is far from over( if Hara wants to make it more desperate).
    Thats the only one who can spoil the fun for the Qins.

But all in all, nothing backfired for the Qin side in my eyes

the way shin slayed that genreal should be very demoralising, i can imagine a lot of fear that their strongest leader ( of that army) was slayn in such a trivial way that the morale will drop to zero and as such easy pickings from now on

Just to crush any hopes: No chapter this week, its yet another break (it almost felt like it has more breaks then OP recently)

Also, even if I do critize the current arc all the time its still the manga I look most forward too, as One Piece is rather average right now and the other current weekly series I follow are also not really too engaging.
    Well, hopefully better luck next week. Even then I fear the next chapter will just be a transitional one.

I feel pretty similar. This battlefield is a lot more engaging than anything else happening in weekly series I follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Same here. I've reread Kingdom twice over the past year. Despite its flaws it has been an incredibly interesting story so far.

I ll jump on that bandwagon. There are ocasionally meh moments but all and all I have only prsise for mangaka it aint so easy to write interesting stuff sbout mass battles over and over again.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Just to crush any hopes: No chapter this week, its yet another break (it almost felt like it has more breaks then OP recently)

Also, even if I do critize the current arc all the time its still the manga I look most forward too, as One Piece is rather average right now and the other current weekly series I follow are also not really too engaging.
    Well, hopefully better luck next week. Even then I fear the next chapter will just be a transitional one.
    This week lasts for 14 days? :P
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    This week lasts for 14 days? :P
    Why? There is a chapter, its out in the usual place

Spoiler:
    Shin fleeing from the field? Take down that army, dammit, as long as the rest of the Zhao are still chasing the Akou army!
    And granted, we cut away, but what is the fourth Zhao general doing? Standing by and watch? How about you help Gakuei a little bit?
    I swear the whole Shukai Plain battle is a contest of incompetence between Ousen and Riboku

Also, our most beloved Zhao fighter is about to join the fray. I can already picture the fan reactions.
    __
    Heki Army? I'm not really interested in that frontline, though it could very well be the key to winning the campaign. I just hope we either have some decision there soon or switch frontlines again next chapter.

I'm hopping this will be that man's last appearance. I don't think Ribuko will be done after this battle but that guy would make a nice milestone.

Oh shit it's
    Spoiler:
    Houken

Why? There is a chapter, its out in the usual place

Spoiler:
    Shin fleeing from the field? Take down that army, dammit, as long as the rest of the Zhao are still chasing the Akou army!
    And granted, we cut away, but what is the fourth Zhao general doing? Standing by and watch? How about you help Gakuei a little bit?
    I swear the whole Shukai Plain battle is a contest of incompetence between Ousen and Riboku

Also, our most beloved Zhao fighter is about to join the fray. I can already picture the fan reactions.
    __
    Heki Army? I'm not really interested in that frontline, though it could very well be the key to winning the campaign. I just hope we either have some decision there soon or switch frontlines again next chapter.
    The Hi Shin Unit is being attacked by the fourth Zhao general, that's why they are retreating while Gyo'un and Banana chase Akou. So they are doing exactly what you were asking. On page 8.

Houken, stay in the mountains, you had the chance to kill Shin at Sai, now you are going to get eaten alive.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information