+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom

Default Re: Kingdom

episode 2 of season 2 is up.
    http://animeflavor.com/kingdom-2nd-season-episode-2

No matter what you do, Lü always wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I started reading this using the scans which uses chinese readings for the names and have overall a better quality. And then after volume 5 they joined with the other team which uses japanese readings, so am I the only one who got annoyed at having to remeber two sets of names for each character?

Understandable.
    However, like with any Chinese-novels/history epic based Japanese fiction, I cannot tell who anyone is talking about when they say them in the Chinese names, I mean it's literally impossible to have a discussion unless the person I'm talking to can actually read Chinese names (in which case I can simply type the kanji)

Oh, I get that. Knowing the kanji would actually be quite helpful for me because apart from having to remeber two sets of names, I also have some weird fixation on knowing which characters actually existed and finding more stuff about them, which is quite hard knowing only the japanese reading, I guess I'll have to find some raws for that.

Well the scanlation battle almost ended with no Kingdom chapter translated at all :-)
    At least it's not Korean names where everyone is called Lee-smthg smthg (Peak, I'm thinking about you!)

In what year does the story of kingdom take place? 220 BC?
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrath View Post
    In what year does the story of kingdom take place? 220 BC?
    Thatīs kind of hard to answer since we donīt know how many years pass off-screen. The story starts in 246 BC when Zhao Zheng (Ei Sei) is enthroned and his half brother Chengjiao targeted him. Everything that happened since should be before 238 BC when something very significant happens (i donīt want to spoiler you). Everything of course is assuming that the story is somewhat, historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Thatīs kind of hard to answer since we donīt know how many years pass off-screen. The story starts in 246 BC when Zhao Zheng (Ei Sei) is enthroned and his half brother Chengjiao targeted him. Everything that happened since should be before 238 BC when something very significant happens (i donīt want to spoiler you). Everything of course is assuming that the story is somewhat, historically accurate.
    Thanks, how do you know what happens in later chapters? Is there a website that has scans of later chapters in English, Italian or French?

Thanks, how do you know what happens in later chapters? Is there a website that has scans of later chapters in English, Italian or French?
    I know what happens historically and i donīt think the manga will miss the chance to include that in the story

any info for ch.347 RAW ?

I had been translating the manga from the beginning, sorta using a modified version of my scripts from the anime to do the manga. Then Vendetta Scans started a joint with the group that's doing it now and they wouldn't let me do the translating. So I'm only doing the anime now. If they ever stop at some point I might try to pick it up again, but otherwise not.

And as they're historical figures it doesn't make any sense to not use the Chinese names. But I can understand why it's confusing. It's annoying to me that the group doing it now is using the Japanese names.

This is what's currently happening in the current Japanese chapters:
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/合従連衡
    合従連衡, meaning alliance. It originally refered to that particular war, and became part of the Japanese and Chinese vernacular. As in an alliance done for diplomatic purposes.

I'm not quite up to date with the current manga because I've been busy as fuck with all my projects though. I could try to make a summary once I am.

Do the events in Sangokushi happen before Kingdom?

Do the events in Sangokushi happen before Kingdom?
    No. That's actually 400 years after this.
    In fact, some of the famous warlords in the Three Kingdom era are direct descendants of some of the characters in Kingdom.

From what I understand it takes place 400 years later.

this series is so good, i could fa.. i mean enjoying it for hour by rereading it.
    and the latest episode
    Spoiler:
    give me chill watching Li Mu and Xin confront each other

Is Xin based on a historical character or is he purely historical fiction? I couldn't find any information on him online.

How good of a read is this manga? I've got my hands full with Hajime no Ippo at the moment which will take me a while to finish. But I do like to read different manga simultaneously because well Ippo is starting to get repetitive, yep, go to ring beat the crap out of someone by any (boxing) means then someone stronger appears and he goes and beats that someone stronger...125 chapters later, is the same rinse, wash and repeat formula. I hope it gets better though. So getting into a different environment subgenre wouldnīt hurt as a breather. Any thoughts?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Would you like a Blast?
    100000000000000 Berries please.
    Blasting Destinations: Gotham city, Jaya, central perk, E. R.

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    Is Xin based on a historical character or is he purely historical fiction? I couldn't find any information on him online.
    I thought not but googling 信(xin) and 秦(qin) I found this japanese wikipedia article about general li xin of qin http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%8E%E4%BF%A1 which mentions the manga kingdom under related matters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by STP_PS View Post
    How good of a read is this manga?
    Insanely good and it only gets better.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is this manga based on fact? If so, how much more is there to the story? Does it have fantasy elements intertwined with the story (demons, magic, etc.)? Just curious.

All the praise I'm reading on this site is getting me excited to check it out. Also, how's the anime? The animation looks pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but is this manga based on fact? If so, how much more is there to the story? Does it have fantasy elements intertwined with the story (demons, magic, etc.)? Just curious.

All the praise I'm reading on this site is getting me excited to check it out. Also, how's the anime? The animation looks pretty odd.
    Well, itīs the usual fictitious account of historical events. Many main and side characters existed did the same things as in real life but their motivations, their personalities, the details and so forth are fictitious. There are no fantasy elements until now and i doubt itīs gonna surface from her on out.

The first season looks really odd, i would not recommend it. It seems like the production got more funding for the second season, so it looks a bit better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information