+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom

Default Kingdom

A manga by Hara Yasuhisa.

Summary from Mangahere:
    "Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states peroid. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Xin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there."

I couldn't find a thread for this so I figured I'd make one.
    This manga rules. It has an outrageous amount of potential to get even better. Start reading it and discuss it here!
    Last edited by Drake; May 26th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze

Default Re: Kingdom

start?

I've been reading it for years, and following it weekly.
    The manga actually gets better once it gets to the war epic portion rather than the early adventures of Screaming Xin.

yeah, as fun as the rag-tag group taking back the throne for the rightful king was, I really REALLY enjoyed the war against Wei arc.

and the new one is shaping up to be even bigger and more epic. I hope the scanlations catch up soon!

I was interested in this when Aohige mentioned it way back when as being one of the best ongoing manga, and I've seen some spreads from it. I'm currently on a series binge (that hopefully never stops! I'm on a freakin' roll!)

Thanks for starting the thread and reminding me of it, I shall catch up. I watched the anime for a bit but the style completely turned me off.

When I read about this manga at Hox's blog I was unimressed.. another battle manga about china (Sangokushi was a bit to hardcore for my taste), I did not like the first two episodes of the anime so I dropped it, BUT once I started reading manga I just could not stop. I instantly became involved with the characters story, started caring about Shin and thats maybe becouse besides awesome battles, kingdom has some amazing chracter interaction and nice humor component. Shin reminds me of Luffy ALOT. nice to know that Kingdom has like... what? 300 chapters out already? and so only 1/3 of it been scanlated and there's a lot more to read later
    Think happy thoughts

342 is the most recent chapter. Awesome one too

so it's 342.. thanks, Aohige. thats alot! I'm looking forward to reading it
    Think happy thoughts

I really do love this manga. Chapter 110 had such a great cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next scanlated chapters.

By the way, has anyone seen the anime adaption of Kingdom and if so what's your take on it? Is it watchable and at which chapter does the first season of the anime end?

Is there anywhere that has scanlated past chapter 110?
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Is there anywhere that has scanlated past chapter 110?
    No but the scanlator works really fast which is why i refrain from looking into the raws

Yeah someone mentioned this here the other day and I caught up to the scanlations in one binge, great stuff and it's so much fun to get three new chapters almost daily it's like my top form of entertainment these days.

5 new chapters are out http://www.batoto.net/read/_/172776/...turnip-farmers

The war finally starts with the revelation of Ouki´s opponent in this war, Houken, the killer of his friend (or woman, who knows) General Kyou. I really like that the author refrains from putting the main character Shin too much into the spotlight which, under the circumstances of him being "just" a hundred man leader, even if it is a special corps, would be unrealistic to begin with. I am anxious to see whether Ouki will survive this war.

Saw the anime before reading the manga. What a difference! Any problems I had with the anime, mainly slow pacing and censorship, is non existent in the manga. My current manga obsession and the best part is I have over two hundred chapters to look forward too!

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    5 new chapters are out http://www.batoto.net/read/_/172776/...turnip-farmers

The war finally starts with the revelation of Ouki´s opponent in this war, Houken, the killer of his friend (or woman, who knows) General Kyou. I really like that the author refrains from putting the main character Shin too much into the spotlight which, under the circumstances of him being "just" a hundred man leader, even if it is a special corps, would be unrealistic to begin with. I am anxious to see whether Ouki will survive this war.
    Watch the anime if you can't wait. The pacing got better in the latter half of the season but the violence is still watered down and they changed some things from the manga (mostly anything that doesn't directly involve Shin or the main story gets cut or glossed over).

NNID: jervinnectar

Kyoukai > you.

no, scratch that.

Kyoukai > everyone.

She gets more adorable the further in the story

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

How many chapters is the raw actually up to?

EDIT: NVM, saw your earlier post now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    She gets more adorable the further in the story
    I hate you for knowing japanese.

....I left this post with a big freaking typo for a long time, lol.
    Last edited by leokiko; June 2nd, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

Ten is such a cute sidekick, everytime they argue with Shin, she cracks me up
    Think happy thoughts

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Decided to catch up with this series after I heard so much praise from several sides.
    The battles are intense, character interaction is great and I really like how the plot is moving.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Truly a great manga. Has a Berserk feel to it, minus the supernatural. I'm glad I discovered it thanks to you guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information