+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 714: "Lucy and Ucy"

Default Re: Chapter 714: "Lucy and Ucy"

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    I really hope this is something interesting.
    I suppose Oda could just forget about it, but that's not really his style. Also, Punk Hazard is now long over and that's one of the few remaining mysteries which doesn't seem to be getting set up to be solved within Dressrosa; if it comes back later in the story, it will be much much later, and I'm sure Oda wouldn't make this an insignificant reveal in that case
    Yeah can't wait for the reveal and the Florian Triangle monster too.
    What? A bunch of people don't read the epic that is One Piece simply because they "don't like the art"

Quote Originally Posted by funkfreed View Post
    OK, so Doflamingo's interest in Momonosuke is his secret getting out. I'm thinking Doflamingo is supplying the fruits to Kaidou only to double cross him. In Punk Hazard Momo was clearly hallucinating and acting weird after eating the fruit probably cause DD will be able to control whoever eats the fruit based through fear or something. There are so many things that take place in between arcs that people forget, like those frozen guys on PH.
    Weren't those frozen guys just like a way to store test subjects or something? I remember them having prisoner outfits, so they were probably just prisoners Caesar got Vergo or someone to send him to experiment with.

I think that Luffy "helped" him by beating Moriah and he gained his shadow back.

He already looks like he hasn't seen the sun for a while.

And I want to hear about Moriah again....

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Weren't those frozen guys just like a way to store test subjects or something? I remember them having prisoner outfits, so they were probably just prisoners Caesar got Vergo or someone to send him to experiment with.
    I don't think it was ever mentioned why they're there but that could be a possibility. It could be where Law stored the criminals who's hearts he took but I hope theirs more to the story.
    What? A bunch of people don't read the epic that is One Piece simply because they "don't like the art"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    will we get a chapter next week?
    Yes, we will. 16 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by funkfreed View Post
    I don't think it was ever mentioned why they're there but that could be a possibility. It could be where Law stored the criminals who's hearts he took but I hope theirs more to the story.
    It just seemed sort of self-explanatory. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it again.

Can't wait for Daschund Binami vs Luffy part II. It's gonna be emotional one, I guess.

Hold on, hold on.... This candle's burned out I won't let it go....

Quote Originally Posted by inori View Post
    Just Read it.
    Oh Wow.. Ricky's such an old guy. He must be Kyros

^ Really. I wish I knew the comment. Can anyone help?
    This also really interests me. Perhaps oda has a few words hinting about the next chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitotsumami View Post
    This also really interests me. Perhaps oda has a few words hinting about the next chapter?
    It has been implied a few chapters BEFORE this one that Ricky = Kyros based on some comment by an older looking guy from the audience.

Oh, my apologies, my quote wasn't very clear. I was interested in Oda's comment in the manga, not Kyros.

I should have quoted this:

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    I hate spamming posts, since I posted this too on the TOC thread. If it must be deleted, do so.

I think it's very relevant to this week's chapter, though:

This was a tweet by Weekly Shonen Jump: "Just read next week's issue author comments, and all I have to say is "Wow. . ." for Oda Sensei's comment. . ."

This is supposedly for the issue coming out this monday, meaning, the issue we are reading in an illegal way today.

Is this comment Oda made in this issue avaliable? And if it is, what does it say?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Croco~Boy View Post
    I think that Luffy "helped" him by beating Moriah and he gained his shadow back.

He already looks like he hasn't seen the sun for a while.

And I want to hear about Moriah again....
    It was over two years ago. Don't you think he's been out in the sun since then? But I do agree, I want to see Moria, as well. I actually had a dream during the B-Block chapters that Moria was on the sidelines cheering Barto on. :P
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

The Trollest Supernova Bartolomeo's Avatar

So no one noticed this reference about Brook?

Sorry for my ENG

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo View Post
    So you never noticed that folks mentioned this multiple times already?

The Trollest Supernova Bartolomeo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    So you never noticed that folks mentioned this multiple times already?
    It deserved to put an image of that piece of art.
    Sorry for my ENG

According to CCC & Aohige

Ah, I think "Woman in Chair" (Picasso) fits Momo even better, actually (warning: exposed boobie):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vrYbvzDdDa8/TfcY918ApmI/AAAAAAAABg8/ogScHsfltxI/s1600/Picasso+woman+in+chair.jpg

A
    nother thing to note is that the art-turned characters' distinctive eyelashes (including Sunny's) aren't really characteristic of Picasso. Rather, they seem to be Jora's signature, of sorts, given that they all have them.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Ah, I think "Woman in Chair" (Picasso) fits Momo even better, actually (warning: exposed boobie):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vrYbvzDdDa8/TfcY918ApmI/AAAAAAAABg8/ogScHsfltxI/s1600/Picasso+woman+in+chair.jpg

A
    nother thing to note is that the art-turned characters' distinctive eyelashes (including Sunny's) aren't really characteristic of Picasso. Rather, they seem to be Jora's signature, of sorts, given that they all have them.
    The Sunny reminds me more of Miro's stufff.

So by "No One" you meant the pages and pages and posts after posts about the modern art devil fruit that you skipped to claim that no one noticed that reference about Brook, who represents the most well known painting out of the five people and ship shown in this chapter?

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
    I think that at the end of this saga, Bellamy will become the king of Dressosa. He won't be murdered either by Doflamingo or Diamante. And he'll support Luffy in his battle with someone of Doflamingo's family.
    Bellamy did state to Doflamingo that he will surpass him when he was getting schooled way back when by him. So this is the likeliest scenario. I can imagine a big scene when DD finally gets defeated and all the townspeople see how he has manipulated them.

Errr... I mean to say, the eyelashes aren't really reminiscent of any of these famous artists. They're a Jora thing (aka Oda's bit of flair).

Lot of Miro influence too, for sure.

And unsurprisingly, the creator of Tower of the Sun was influenced by western surrealism and even "associated" with Picasso.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar%C5%8D_Okamoto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information