Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Server Migration, Themes, and Search

Default Re: Server Migration, Themes, and Search

Oh, man. I've missed the retro theme so much. The Fishman Island one was a nice change at first but this one is so nostalgic and nicer on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    Dressrosa theme will have Doflamingo in the banner when Sai is done with it btw, amongst some others.

It would be really cool to add the the suits of cards, you know; hearts, clubs, diamonds and spade. It'd be a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean D. Capitan View Post
    It would be really cool to add the the suits of cards, you know; hearts, clubs, diamonds and spade. It'd be a nice touch.
    there's just not enough room. there are already 8 characters in the banner and adding 3 more just wouldn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    there's just not enough room. there are already 8 characters in the banner and adding 3 more just wouldn't fit.
    I don't think he's talking about Trebol, Diamante, and Pica; but about the actual card symbols.

Personally speaking, I think these Four Suit Symbols would work a lot better with the New Dressrosa theme as the Forum icons than the current Apples/Smilies variation.

Your thoughts Sai-chan? (since you created the original icons).

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

We actually discussed using those, but it would be hard to tell which symbol meant what, and we only needed 3 basic icons. You need to be able to tell what each icon represents at a glance, and it would be tedious to keep looking at the guide at the bottom of the page. We chose the SMILES because the entire mission of the arc was to destroy the SMILE factory, and it also allowed us to play with the SMILE colors to match with the theme.

Using the retro for now, but I will try the Dressrosa one later as well.

I must admit the Retro hit me right in the Feels.

But it's a little too ummmm "youthful" for my workspace - sticking to FI since it seems to be pretty neutral for my taste.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Yeah the Dressrosa theme seems kinda weird in that it has nothing to do with Dressrosa

Except for an old colourspread that has giant lego :P

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

If I remember correctly, the first version of the Dressrosa banner had Sanji's ass front and center.

I don't usually care about how the forum looks, but I dig the contrasts on the Dressrosa theme.

Wow when I opened the forum I thought to myself "Did I use one of those time machines for websites? Why is this theme here?"

Then I saw this topic haha. Think I'mma use retro :)

R.I.P BFBC2
    Salute! A hero.

Maybe the Mera Mera fruit for new posts and the smiley for already seen ones?

Oh my, these themes are so nice, it's hard to choose! Better choose one I'd like to see everyday, since this website is my computer's set homepage.

Thanks for all your hard work guys. It shall never go unappreciated!

Oh yeah, are you making any more of these themes? (Might I recommend Skypiea and/or Marineford one?)

Since chrome made the retro one my default choice who I am to say no?
    PSN: Climb25
    WiiU: MANUELF
    3DS: 1805-2220-5158

Nice to see these finally going public. Couldn't take forum caps for the longest time since I'm madly in love with the Dressrosa theme.

Sai-chan's working on a killer banner guys. Trust me, it's going to be amazing just the way it is, so let her do her thing.~

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Hey everyone, you may or may not have noticed it, but we just finished migrating our forums to a new server. Much(!!) better cost and we are hoping better performance also. Alongside this migration, we are (finally) revealing four new themes, with huge thanks going out to Sai-chan, Robbybevard, and Holy Hell:We have changed the default theme to Retro Park, which are our old colors from way back, and highly recommend trying out Dressrosa. Please note that Dressrosa is not completely finished just yet, but for the most part we consider it finished. For that matter all of the themes might have a few bugs to work out, so if you find something let me know and I will take care of it.

Lastly, we have repaired and actually upgraded the search indexer. It's not perfect yet, but anything 30 minutes and newer should yield quick and accurate results.
    You didn't update the Tapatalk plugin?
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

You will add DoFla, Sai ?

Ohhh yeah, make sure to let me know when this is ready, because i will defenitely use your banner then!
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Really nice work. Great!

Just made some code changes to the quote notification plugin to see if it resolves the intermittent notifications. Normally I test this stuff beforehand, but I figure making you all my beta testers will yield results quicker and I don't feel like spending a ton of time on this. So, for a quick sample:

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I wonder if only i have this problem (probably not) but for a while now, i don´t get notifications when someone quotes my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I've actually noticed it too. Probably half the time I get notifications and half the time I don't, despite it clearly being a direct quote most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    The odd thing is that it doesn't seem to follow any pattern or logic, sometimes it simply works and sometimes it doesn't regardless of by whom, where, and how your post was quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Maybe it works when people use the Reply With Quote button to start their post and it doesnt when the use Reply to Thread and then copy&paste in a quote before they send it in or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I have no clue. If he edited your quote in to his post within a few minutes of writing the post, then that could explain the lack of notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    I suppose I'll add my voice to those who've already said they experience this problem.

Well at least I got the notification. Lessee if the others respond too.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Closed Thread

Thread Information