+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Well the episode is finally up on crunchyroll,and for those wondering:

No they did not secure the rights to play the correct opening,though that shouldn't come as a surprise. Makes me wonder if that was the holdup,that being, trying to get the rights for the proper opening,or rather part of the reason.

On the bright side it did look fantastic on my big screen. Though hardly anything to get too excited about,regardless it still beats funi's player,and hulu.

Edit: well this is embarrassing,I've been beat to the Punch I see.
    :p

Default Re: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Even without Hands Up, 1080p HD and No Ads makes it superior to Funi's stream.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Can someony tell me why exactly they can't get the opening? Other simulcast shows don't have this problem.

I haven't been watching the anime since a couple episodes after Monet debuted. They aren't even playing Hand's Up in the simulcasts? The opening is 60% of the reason to even watch those - and are like 15% of the episode anyways. What's going on there, do they want the We Go! record to go on further for kicks?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

1080p with no ads for free users?!!

I'm serious people. From now on I'm only watching the simulcast on Crunchyroll.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post

Damn. Can we get a link of where you are watching or is that only for subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Damn. Can we get a link of where you are watching or is that only for subscribers?
    One Piece is on crunchyroll for free users as well. It's pretty easy to find it if you just go to crunchyroll's website. For me it also has another added bonus since I use a tablet to watch anime while I work out, which I can do on crunchyroll but not on Funi's stream

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Can someony tell me why exactly they can't get the opening? Other simulcast shows don't have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I haven't been watching the anime since a couple episodes after Monet debuted. They aren't even playing Hand's Up in the simulcasts? The opening is 60% of the reason to even watch those - and are like 15% of the episode anyways. What's going on there, do they want the We Go! record to go on further for kicks?
    From what I can gather, it's more of a licensing issue with Avex than Toei being stingey.
    For some reason or another, they don't want that song to be simulcasted outside of Japan or something.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    For some reason or another, they don't want that song to be simulcasted outside of Japan or something.
    So it's only happening with this one particular opening? I hope when the next one comes around they are gonna allow for it to be shown outside of japan.

LOL free users! No, HD no ads is for premium users only
    And Funimation is the best choice for free users who watch it on their computer. The quality is much better than CR's SD

Quote Originally Posted by EA575 View Post
    LOL free users! No, HD no ads is for premium users only
    And Funimation is the best choice for free users who watch it on their computer. The quality is much better than CR's SD
    No, firecrouch is right. There are no ads and it's has amazing HD quality in the episode at crunchyroll. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    No, firecrouch is right. There are no ads and it's has amazing HD quality in the episode at crunchyroll. I love it.
    HD is free?! It wasn't when I clicked on it
    EDIT: Holy crap, it's true! Why the sudden change?

Isn't it kind of funny how Episode 619 launched at the same time when One Piece was airing on Toonami?
    Strange coincidence.

Better than Funi's? I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Unavailable on my country, for now at least :L
    Last edited by Devil G.; November 3rd, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Duuuude

Wow, HD One Piece at last. And if you don't like subtitles, Crunchyroll lets you turn them off.

With this development, it's been the first time I've watche One Piece in a while. Besides being fed up with the mediocre animation, Funimation's video player was always laggy for me. And it wasn't my computer or internet connection. Every other video player worked fine. Plus, I hate watching tv on the computer screen anyway, so I kind of just stopped bothering. Now that it is on Crunchyroll though, I can stream it to my big screen through my Roku, which is really awesome.

I believe this may be a glitch. The notification that they have on the site that says that One Piece is now on Crunchyroll tells you to get a free trial to watch One Piece without ads.

Ah ok I'll take a look, thanks for telling me.

Usually, Crunchyroll puts the first episode of a series up for free with all resolutions. That's probably why.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Sorry if that has already been mentioned, but Crunchyroll's Simulcast will be four hours later (with the new time change) than FUNimation's, so there is still that benefit for FUNimation.

Personally, it probably won't effect me since I usually watch the Simulcast on Sunday mornings nowadays anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, it now says they will upload it at the same time as FUNimation, and they did this week's episode.
    Last edited by Envy; November 9th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information