+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

Default Re: Rick and Morty

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Damn that's a pretty well done remix
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I don't like how adultswim is teasing too much the next episodes. I know, just gotta stop watching the teasers---- but I feel bad for those who are watching them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    If this really is a question of semantics, then I have some time procrastinate for a bit, and list all the jokes and humerous situations that I could discern (jesus, I sound like a robotic Rick & Morty character)
    - Rick talks about needing to take risks and pointless excistences, cut to Jerry
    - Rick states that Jerry is off the Killbot safetylist, and needs to stay put
    - Jerry awkwardly claims that Beths Lawyer has offered to help him sue for full custody, to which Morty replies "...that'd be nice"
    - Summers extremely half-assed attempt at hiding her desire to get away, for any reason, and Ricks willingness to exploit it
    - The "LOOOOSER" wind
    - A dig at the Mad Max universe aesthetic: "They all have mohawks!"
    - Summers shocking display of violence against the pursuers
    - Rick instantly declaring them post-apocalyptic scavengers after seeing the glowing rock
    - Summer wandering off with DeathStalkers, and Rick saying "Cool, stay hydrated"
    - Morty deconstructing the "deathstalker" name
    - Rick trying and failing to eat bicep
    - "Save it for the semantics dome!"
    - Mortys unwilling and brutal entry to the blooddome after getting his arm
    - Morty venting comparatively mundane frustration at Jerry juxtaposed with extreme ultraviolence
    - Summer mocking the regressed language of Haemorrhage
    - Summer undercutting Haemorrhages emotional moment with "wanna piss on em?"
    - Ricks extremely obvious attempt at getting the kids to a secluded place, and his meta "we'll be right back!" comment when busted.

I might've missed some, but these stuck out to me.

Then at 8.45 minutes Rick and the kids split up. I also prefer the second half of the episode to the first, but whether they worked for you or not, they clearly put jokes into the first 8.15 minutes (excluding the theme song) of the episode.

And the only thing that I found funny in this is the looser wind. The other things were either redundant jokes, not reaching the "haha" zone or just poor jokes about ass and dick such as "wanna pee on them?"

"What The Hell is Israel ? " HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This was just prime Rick & Morty. A Million Ants is exactly the type of creativity I expect from this show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half of the episode I was wondering if I missed an earlier episode about their previous encounter, but it hit me that's kind of the joke...

The leader of the Vindicators was voiced by Christian Slater, nice.

It's funny, in a lot of the promo material they were ramping up the villain as the be all end all, loved the twist.

*startled Catra noises*

I like how the showrunners are just trolling the Avengers/JusticeLeague and the kind of promotion these movies get.

They're mocking the kind of stupid hype Hollywood does with his movies/TVshows. Also notice the dumb electro music. lol
    "yeah in this new season of WalkingDead/CallofDuty you're gonna experience something very unique, never seen on TV EVER BEFORE !!! "

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    The leader of the Vindicators
    Who is it again ?

Gillian Jacobs probably gets the lead cameo credit though as Supernova (or whatever her name was)

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

"invoke my right to choose 1 in every 10 Rick & Morty Adventures"

lol this was a fun episode
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    "invoke my right to choose 1 in every 10 Rick & Morty Adventures"

lol this was a fun episode
    The real joke being that each season is 10 episodes long.

So avegers satire...

I found the episode pretty meh but maybe that is simply not a subject for me or I wasn't in the right mood.

The most interesting part to me was watching how much Morty has grown and while that's good that also mean I really wasn't invested in the episode at all.

I guess we have Tony Stark and Scarlet Witch. But the black dude is probably Green Lantern and the Crocodile would be Cyborg. And one-million-ant guy is probably their own invention.

I'd say Martian manhunter/vision into antman.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The mad Max episode did almost nothing for me after just watching it a third time, in fact it's probably easily the worst episode in the series for me, but I think the other three episodes this season have either been really good or great. The first episode, of course, is the standout classic. I think there's something missing in the other two that keep them from that level of close to perfection, but they're still mighty good. Amid all the talk of nihilism vs. family values and stuff, the NoobNoob situation is just perfect, as if they were aware of the debate on this forum. (Maybe Rick was based on his dialogue before morty left)

NoobNoob made me think of Mr. Poopy Butthole. Might be an interstellar brother or something.

This episode felt more like a throwback to the first two seasons, which was nice.

Unfortunately it also happened to be a throwback to the middle-of-the-road episodes that didn't elicit much of a strong reaction.

Welp, that kid who shot his sister is gonna need some therapy now. Really nice A-plot overall.

As for the B-plot, well.....Summer getting reversed looked familar:

And jesus, Morty got revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Welp, that kid who shot his sister is gonna need some therapy now. Really nice A-plot overall.
    Usually I feel Rick and Morty balances its violence and cynicism fine, but that moment seemed too mean spirited to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information