+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Default Re: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Garou is a parody character. Is he inmature and doesnt make any sense? Then he works as a parody of a worn out genre

Hody was just a shitty character in a badly written and forgettable arc. And NOW you can come at me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    Garou is a parody character. Is he inmature and doesnt make any sense? Then he works as a parody of a worn out genre

Hody was just a shitty character in a badly written and forgettable arc. And NOW you can come at me :P
    Them's fighting words, dude, them's some seriously fighting words! Some fighting music first to get us in the right mood:

Spoiler:

Oda deliberately created Hody to be the living embodyment of everything that, according to his views (Oda's), was wrong about blind inherited hate, and he (Hody) was that inheritance. And that made him a pretty shitty character, true, cause he had no personality, just blind rage and hate towards humans. He was no memorable at all. But that was HIS point from the get go. Again, that didn't made him a memorable or likable character.

Garou was a parody of the tormented villain that, supposedly, tries to make a better world? Ok. I can buy that. One made him with that aim? But of course he did. He might be a pretty shitty artist, but he's a good writer, so that was deliberate on his end. Does that make Garou more bearable? Oh hell NO. You even accepted the fact that his POINT was that he's a shitty, insufferable brat. And BOY does he taaaaaaaaaalk his way into that superior state of shitdom! He might earn an award as the most talkative and repetitive villain ever. Part of the parody? Of course! Does that, again, make it more bearable? Wait for it. . .NO!

No, in all seriousness (I was already serious, btw): I think I've never wanted so much to punch the screen as every damn time Garou made one of his 120 minute long boring speeches. Purposedly or what have you, that was simply a pain in the ass.

And now, let me insist: I hope, parody or not, One doesn't stain Mob with another Garou.

Shipmate

Both your opinions are wrong because both Hodi Jones and Garou are exactly the kinds of villains their respective stories needed to be told.

And now that we are done with that and can peacefully bask in the masterfully crafted shittyness of theirs, let's get back to the main point.

Wow, Mob Psycho 100 is better than Onepunch-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Wow, Mob Psycho 100 is better than Onepunch-man.
    What the, One Pi... ... wait, it's a trap, is it?

I don't know which one I like better. I'm leaning towards Onepunch because of King though.

It's interesting to come here and find such completely opposing reactions to this series. Personally, I was a little disappointed that One would stop work on what I consider to be a real masterpiece for this, which is pretty much completely mediocre.

I guess I consider these to be largely gag mangas, and where OPM has made me chuckle, giggle, and outright laugh, this manga has never elicited much but a 'meh'.

Add to this that OPM's badass factor is fairly high and this manga's is way low, and that one of the two main characters in Mob Psycho is a pretty obnoxious trope (a poor Furuichi and poorer Nijima, I guess) who is not very well executed...

And compared to OPM's cast of super stars, it's hard for me to imagine how this could be better than that.

I'm definitely leaning towards Mob Psycho 100 over OPM. Mob, his mentor, and the muscle training club? Just those two videos had me pumped for what's coming up. There's something so simple and likeable about it all.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Direct reference to OPM will be unlikely, considering Mob runs on Web Sunday and OPM is being rewritten for Young Jump. Shogakukan and Shuueisha are eternal rivals.

Of course, it's not impossible... recently the Masked Teacher in Young Jump had a cross-over with Saejima's own series running in Young Magazine - so indirectly connecting the Masked Teacher universe and GTO universe together. It was a rare Shuueisha-Kodansha crossover of multiple works of the same author.
    Quite frankly the Masked Teacher story is so similar to GTO, I expected it to be in the same world anyways.

I really think that OPM > Mob at this stage though. I like the humor but it's less epic than OPM

I love these random character stats given in the end of a chapter. Like the guy in ch 12 apparently having a voice like an angel, but utter loathing of bell peppers.

I really don't get how some people think this is better than OPM.... different strokes for different folks I guess

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

After chapter 14, I stand by my earlier opinion. The characters are better written, the emotional pull is stronger, and the fights have the potential to be great. Fuck, even Dimple managed to become a pretty good character!

And those stats for the Body building club members are a fucking riot.

Not dissing OPM, it has a great cast of secondary characters, it works as a parody/shonen deconstruction and while I don't entirely appreciate the core gimmick of the manga, when Saitama is not around and One gets to play with his huge cast of characters, the arcs do get quite epic (the Sea King arc, for example). Again, it's a bit unfair to compare them when Mob has barely started to build the character roster and OPM has like a hundred characters already, but everything shown so far points towards great things.

Not sure why the comparisons to OPM exist. OPM is a gag manga with a plot line that uses cliches as characters. Of course the ones in MP100 are better written, they're actual characters.

Chapter 14 was pretty good. Let's hope 15 lives up to the hype.
    I recommend: Destroy & Revolution, God of High School, Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, Magi, Noblesse, Onepunch-Man and Sun-Ken Rock

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Not sure why the comparisons to OPM exist. OPM is a gag manga with a plot line that uses cliches as characters. Of course the ones in MP100 are better written, they're actual characters.

Chapter 14 was pretty good. Let's hope 15 lives up to the hype.
    I'd never label OPM as a gag manga. A parody? Yes. But the actual gags aren't that many. The current One arc (on hiatus, I think) is basically a battle arc. And in these instances, characters matter. Even if they're written in a comic/parodic manner, they must be somewhat well written to appeal to the reader.

Oh, and spoilers, I guess:

Spoiler:
    Even if a demon is called Black Sperm, that's the full reach of the "gag" here. That sonuvabitch decimated half of the S rank heroes, Tatsumaki included. The actual gag/deconstruction might be how Tatsumaki, apparently number 2 of the Hero Association, made such an incredibly piss poor attempt at being badass all the while being destroyed with little to no effort, specially by Black Sperm. But still, that's not a gag in itself, mostly a reversal of a typical situation, but it's not "lolworthy" in an all itself; in the end, it all comes down to seeing the good guys getting slaughtered by some ugly looking fellas, and that in itself ain't a "gag".

But I digress. To each his/her own, and that's it!

I've just checked a few pages of this, but I've got a question. I noticed the drawings aren't really good, but since the guy seems popular here, I assume he's a good/great author.

Is Kazuya from Bakuman based on him?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I've just checked a few pages of this, but I've got a question. I noticed the drawings aren't really good, but since the guy seems popular here, I assume he's a good/great author.

I'd like to answer no, but then again I don't really have anything to disprove your claim except that One doesn't work in jump. Also, the drawings are shitty because One's mangas are webcomics, not actually published on paper I believe (although i may be wrong). Essentially One can allow himself the low quality art due to his medium, while the average manga artist would never be accepted with such drawings. It's a pretty big distinction, but if you're looking for something by One yet with really good drawings, go check Murata's One Punch Man, which uses one's story but is redrawn with Murata's amazing art.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post

No 16 characters

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7157-0203/One Piece Treasure Cruise ID: 302.949.778

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    No 16 characters
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I'd like to answer no, but then again I don't really have anything to disprove your claim except that One doesn't work in jump. Also, the drawings are shitty because One's mangas are webcomics, not actually published on paper I believe (although i may be wrong). Essentially One can allow himself the low quality art due to his medium, while the average manga artist would never be accepted with such drawings. It's a pretty big distinction, but if you're looking for something by One yet with really good drawings, go check Murata's One Punch Man, which uses one's story but is redrawn with Murata's amazing art.

Ah thanks. Didn't know that.

I'm not bothered by the art, though. Was just curious.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

okay up to chapter 14..... still not understanding the hype but I have trust in One

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

In ONE we trust. o/
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information