+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Default Re: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Chapter 15 is out. I laughed out loud.
    D'une graine plantée avec amour ne fleurit parfoit que des regrets...

From a seed planted with love flowered sometimes only regrets...

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Mob really felt that loss :D
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

It would be even funnier if his anger meter had went down.

Ok now I admit that was good, still not OPM but I got a good chuckle in there

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Teru's head 0 % ... after all of that percent

Mob Psycho delivers with every episode.

I'm getting the feeling this is One's main series and One Punch Man is just a sidework for the fun of it. He certainly puts much more care into the writing and art.

[MOBING INTENSIFIES.]

Slight improvement but this still lacks so much of the flair that made (makes) OPM so great. I'll just trust in One, I guess. But you guys are bonkers, this isn't that good at all.

Honestly, people need to stop comparing this manga as a whole to opm. This whole "oh it's good but it's not as good as..." conversation is arrogant and snobbish as hell, not to speak you're comparing apples with oranges. That's like comparing bakuman with death note just because it's by the same author. You have no foundation for a fair comparison here.

On a side note, I think opm is a bit overrated. If you get down to it, opm doesn't even have a plot or character development, it's about the daily life of a walking deus ex machina. It's fun for sure, but ppl need to stop making it out to be the second coming of jesus. Take away murata's art and I doubt the manga will get even half of that recognition it currently has.

Bottomline, the sooner you can take mp for what it is and not what it's "supposed to be", the sooner you can start truly enjoy it.
    Last edited by burning-rat; December 19th, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burning-rat View Post
    Honestly, people need to stop comparing this manga as a whole to opm. This whole "oh it's good but it's not as good as..." conversation is arrogant and snobbish as hell, not to speak you're comparing apples with oranges. That's like comparing bakuman with death note just because it's by the same author. You have no foundation for a fair comparison here.

On a side note, I think opm is a bit overrated. If you get down to it, opm doesn't even have a plot or character development, it's about the daily life of a walking deus ex machina. It's fun for sure, but ppl need to stop making it out to be the second coming of jesus. Take away murata's art and I doubt the manga will get even half of that recognition it currently has.

Bottomline, the sooner you can take mp for what it is and not what it's "supposed to be", the sooner you can start truly enjoy it.
    There are so many things wrong with this post. First off, I don't think you understand what arrogant or snobbish mean. It's kind of hard to have arrogance about something that you haven't made yourself, and they're not apples and oranges. There are distinct differences between the series, but quite a few similarities as well. More than enough to make a comparison at least. The fact that they share an author is enough to compare them.

Plus, most of us here have read One's Onepunch Man, and enjoy it just as much as Murata's. (some enjoy it more) Don't tell us that it's not good.

If this page is not absolutely hysterical, I don't know what is. . .

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post. First off, I don't think you understand what arrogant or snobbish mean. It's kind of hard to have arrogance about something that you haven't made yourself, and they're not apples and oranges. There are distinct differences between the series, but quite a few similarities as well. More than enough to make a comparison at least. The fact that they share an author is enough to compare them.

Plus, most of us here have read One's Onepunch Man, and enjoy it just as much as Murata's. (some enjoy it more) Don't tell us that it's not good.
    I'm sorry if i sounded rude, maybe it's my poor choice of words.

1. I fail to see how being the owner/maker of said manga matters at all. We are all readers expressing our opinions on this manga, it's just that some of the previous comments seem unjustified and rather snooty "oh it's good but it's not as good as our beloved opm". Imagine having a discussion of the newest chapter of one piece, and some people barge in every few posts saying "oh it was good, but this week's naruto is still better". This is what i meant by arrogant, it seems out of place to me.

2. having the same author for both of them is NOT a sufficient argument for a fair comparison, if you're using the standards for opm to measure mp while clearly mp and opm are not in the same genre.

3. I am aware that most of you have read ONE's webcomic, however I stand by my point that without murata's redraw, most of you wouldn't even have heard of opm. At no point did i mention that reading the webcomic "is not good" or that opm as a manga "isn't good". All i'm saying that opm is clearly the hype right now, when mp is a minor work most of you haven't even heard about, so to me it seems your opinions are a bit biased, at least for now.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Well. Chapter 17 was beast.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

You could say that, but when an author sets a standard, it's very apt to see how they've progressed or what direction they go. It's just having an opinion. Like how people say things like Jaco are passionless when you look at Akira Toriyama's track record past Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho vs Hunter x Hunter when it comes to Togashi.

And what does not having read the comic without Murata's redraw and not hearing about OPM have to do with "not being good" lol.

And I mean, aren't opinions going to end up having a bit of bias? That's why they're opinions, after all.

I mean I'd say I'm definitely enjoying MP100 more regardless of anything. It's just so damn well written, and in a lot of aspects I'd say it's definitely superior to OPM. Of course not that OPM is terrible. Nobody's said that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    You could say that, but when an author sets a standard, it's very apt to see how they've progressed or what direction they go. It's just having an opinion. Like how people say things like Jaco are passionless when you look at Akira Toriyama's track record past Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho vs Hunter x Hunter when it comes to Togashi.

And what does not having read the comic without Murata's redraw and not hearing about OPM have to do with "not being good" lol.

And I mean, aren't opinions going to end up having a bit of bias? That's why they're opinions, after all.

I mean I'd say I'm definitely enjoying MP100 more regardless of anything. It's just so damn well written, and in a lot of aspects I'd say it's definitely superior to OPM. Of course not that OPM is terrible. Nobody's said that so far.
    thank you, this is all i wanted. Opinions backed up by reasoning. What i meant by the web comic thing is that opm is currently really hyped, so people might have wrong expectations for mp.

Would you read Mob if not for Onepunch Man redraw ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Would you read Mob if not for Onepunch Man redraw ?
    i'm one of the few oversea who read opm's original webcomic even before murata redrew it.
    Last edited by burning-rat; December 19th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burning-rat View Post
    i'm one of the few oversea who read opm's original webcomic even before murata redrew it.
    Now who's arrogant and snobby?~

But seriously, I can compare what I want, they're comics and in the same subgenre. The only reason anyone is saying that they prefer OPM is because a lot of people have been saying that they like Mob Psycho better, and my only comments have been that that is mystifying to me. I'd almost believe this was his first series: it seems to lack a lot of the character polish that made the other shine - and it's that sort of direction that people can discuss as much as they want, without you to tell them what it means to be a snob.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I am now resentful of this series because it stole one of my catchphrases, "I strive to be the main protagonist of my own life".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information