+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Default Re: Mob Psycho 100 by (ONE)

Fantastic resolution. One of the best I've ever seen.

It's just so damned consistent. . .this is a fantastic manga, indeed.

Why is a "recently discovered friend for Naruto" conclusion in my Mob mango???

Reigen said the truth, still controls Mob, the fuck???

Don't know what you find great in this end, guys D:

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Why is a "recently discovered friend for Naruto" conclusion in my Mob mango???

Reigen said the truth, still controls Mob, the fuck???

Don't know what you find great in this end, guys D:
    It's an actually great cap to their series character arcs. Mob confronts his other side, and realizes that it's not something to defeat, but a part of him that he's neglected and hidden away under a mask. Reigen was the one who told Mob that his powers were just another part of himself, and set him on the path to crafting a new identity, so it's up to him to correct that way of thinking. He can't do that, though, until he confronts himself.

Reigen's always been a decent person hiding under a con, and while it may be transparent, and whether or not Mob may have seen through it a long time ago, Reigen never dropped it, himself. In a sense, the advice he gave Mob was the wisdom that he'd been living by: getting by by showing people the side of them he thought they wanted to see. He never had any real friends or motivation before Mob, because he always hid himself behind a mask of intellect and pretty words. Like Tsubomi acknowledged Mob for who he was, though, Mob had always accepted Reigen for who he was (a 'nice person' in his words). So Reigen drops the act, and allows Mob to drop his. They understand that both parts of their lives have their faults, and that both of them allowed them to meet each other and accomplish great things. They both grow by learning to accept themselves.

In the end, Tsubomi rejects Mob. She waited out the storm, because she wanted to treat Mob like another person, reaffirming the aspects of her character that left such an impact on Mob in the first place. And Mob, rejected, finally cries by himself. He doesn't let his emotions build to 100%, he lets himself experience them naturally, since he no longer fears himself. It's a sign of his growth, and shows us just how much he's changed from when he could only express himself with powerful psychic feats.

I don't know what 'Naruto' thing you're referencing. And Reigen doesn't control Mob, and really hasn't since the middle of the story. Remember that whole arc when Reigen overworks Mob and then Mob decides that Reigen doesn't control him and then Reigen learns a lot about himself and then Mob shows up and helps him not because he has to, but because he likes Reigen? Mob listens to Reigen out of respect, and it's respect that Reigen's earned because he's going through similar things, and has been helping Mob the entire time. So yeah, the ending is pretty good.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Awesomely explained, Wagomu.

I guess the "Naruto" thing is a reference to when Naruto had to face his inner self and ended up hugging him, I guess? Or the fact he ended up befriending the Nine Tails?

Anyways, we could say the entire manga is Mob's character arc. As a result, this is the best conclusion we could've had. Which makes me think. . .is anything left? I guess some resolution for everyone, but beyond that, Mob's arc is mostly done. . .right?

I feel like we were meant to get something with that other psychic who became a spirit?

Like he was released during the other arc and then just vanished and I assumed he had escaped and become a monster who would be like the final villain. But considering this arc i don't feel like we should get another arc after this, just some epilogue chapters.

It does feel pretty close to done. Villains converted. Mob more whole. Aliens seen. God status achieved. Truths told. It's pretty complete.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Do you think we can get 100 episodes of anime out of this, just for my OCD's sake?
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Gotta say, the anime kinda put me off. It's weird to say this when you see the incredible animation and the care with which they're doing the adaptation, but...it's too damn hysterical. Too damn hyperactive. It's like the series is on steroids at.all.TIMES.

Mob Psycho is kinda low key. Yes, there's super powers and big fights and stuff, but at the end of the day, I think it should still be this low key story about a boy wanting to accept himself as he grows up.

Also, even on a purely comical aspect, Reigen, for example, works so much better in the manga, where you know he's bullshiting most of the times yet, strangely, he feels confident most of the times. In the anime I remember him sweating bullets at like every single scene. That's not ghe Reigen I know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Awesomely explained, Wagomu.

I guess the "Naruto" thing is a reference to when Naruto had to face his inner self and ended up hugging him, I guess? Or the fact he ended up befriending the Nine Tails?

Anyways, we could say the entire manga is Mob's character arc. As a result, this is the best conclusion we could've had. Which makes me think. . .is anything left? I guess some resolution for everyone, but beyond that, Mob's arc is mostly done. . .right?
    Split personality characters have been hugging themselves since long before Bill Shatner did it as Captain Kirk back in the sixties. I think that all that is left is a "where are they now" Animal House ending, with MOB and Saiki Kusuo rooming at a dormitory as college freshmen in Tokyo as the goldfish from Tokyo ESP swim around in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    It's an actually great cap to their series character arcs. Mob confronts his other side, and realizes that it's not something to defeat, but a part of him that he's neglected and hidden away under a mask. Reigen was the one who told Mob that his powers were just another part of himself, and set him on the path to crafting a new identity, so it's up to him to correct that way of thinking. He can't do that, though, until he confronts himself.

Reigen's always been a decent person hiding under a con, and while it may be transparent, and whether or not Mob may have seen through it a long time ago, Reigen never dropped it, himself. In a sense, the advice he gave Mob was the wisdom that he'd been living by: getting by by showing people the side of them he thought they wanted to see. He never had any real friends or motivation before Mob, because he always hid himself behind a mask of intellect and pretty words. Like Tsubomi acknowledged Mob for who he was, though, Mob had always accepted Reigen for who he was (a 'nice person' in his words). So Reigen drops the act, and allows Mob to drop his. They understand that both parts of their lives have their faults, and that both of them allowed them to meet each other and accomplish great things. They both grow by learning to accept themselves.

In the end, Tsubomi rejects Mob. She waited out the storm, because she wanted to treat Mob like another person, reaffirming the aspects of her character that left such an impact on Mob in the first place. And Mob, rejected, finally cries by himself. He doesn't let his emotions build to 100%, he lets himself experience them naturally, since he no longer fears himself. It's a sign of his growth, and shows us just how much he's changed from when he could only express himself with powerful psychic feats.

I don't know what 'Naruto' thing you're referencing. And Reigen doesn't control Mob, and really hasn't since the middle of the story. Remember that whole arc when Reigen overworks Mob and then Mob decides that Reigen doesn't control him and then Reigen learns a lot about himself and then Mob shows up and helps him not because he has to, but because he likes Reigen? Mob listens to Reigen out of respect, and it's respect that Reigen's earned because he's going through similar things, and has been helping Mob the entire time. So yeah, the ending is pretty good.
    Ah, nice for you.

I think that this end was pretty much, unnecessary. Everything that it would give a setting of character grow was in Dimple's arc for Mob. Where he for sure fought himself in an original way, thanks to the actual brainwash that Mob's image invoke on the people worshipping him at the cult, and then to the whole city.

But, Tsubomi and Reigen for sure it helped this finale... the problem is that the end wasn't focused on them, but the simplicity of their actions made me think: "Oh yea, these guys try their utmost for Mob, because they liked them, and in their own way".

My Naruto reference was for, more or less, classify an evangelization, where the psychic's awareness did nothing but advice him and dissapeared, pretty much useless to me. Just like Naruto... but for worst.

I only can applaude with what ONE did for Tsubomi, and Reigen fell a little to me, but still nice... all those enemies facing Mob before were part of the roller coaster, mere tools, don't even have to say a bad thing about "stuff" rather than "people".

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,

If we ended at Dimple, then we don't get the resolution of every other character.

I think while Tsubomi and Reigen's resolutions are great, you're also overlooking that this is kind of a time to really see how everyone's changed in the Mob universe since the start of this series.

- Hanazawa's character progression, where originally he learned he learned that he's just a "commoner", we got to see him understanding his place respective to Mob's insane psychic prowess.
    - The Claw member grunts show how they contribute to society and that they actually give a fuck about things that matter
    - Basically wrapping up Suzuki's whole thing about abandoning his family and Suzuki and Shou get nice father-son bonding time
    - Ritsu coming to an understanding about what he wants in his relationship with his brother
    - Reigen coming clean about his lack of psychic powers
    - Dimple returning
    - Getting a resolution to how Tsubomi sees Mob in the most practical sense given what we've seen in the series
    - And most importantly, Mob relative to himself

It wraps up literally every single principle character in the series (except maybe that one ghost psychic) and their relationship to Mob. It's not a great finale just because it resolves Reigen and Tsubomi. Basically every major character introduced in the series shows up not to actually stop Mob (because we as readers shouldn't have any expectation that they'd stop the storm) but so you can see their growth and wrap up their journey since we started reading the story. Dimple's arc was great for Dimple himself and was really needed when his whole schtick is "I wanna be a modern god", but it doesn't address things like Mob's other side. The fact that you end this arc with Mob in his normal persona actually crying is such a damn powerful wrap-up to the arc.

Not to mention that by showing all of that character growth, we also get to see the various bonds Mob has formed throughout the series and the impact that he's had on people, all thanks to both his humble self and his psychic powers, reaffirming what Reigen tells him in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I think while Tsubomi and Reigen's resolutions are great, you're also overlooking that this is kind of a time to really see how everyone's changed in the Mob universe since the start of this series.

[...]

It wraps up literally every single principle character in the series (except maybe that one ghost psychic) and their relationship to Mob. It's not a great finale just because it resolves Reigen and Tsubomi. Basically every major character introduced in the series shows up not to actually stop Mob (because we as readers shouldn't have any expectation that they'd stop the storm) but so you can see their growth and wrap up their journey since we started reading the story.

[...]

Dimple's arc was great for Dimple himself and was really needed when his whole schtick is "I wanna be a modern god", but it doesn't address things like Mob's other side. The fact that you end this arc with Mob in his normal persona actually crying is such a damn powerful wrap-up to the arc.
    Thing is, ONE pretty much summarize what would supportive and antagonist characters do once their showtime was already concluded. Only Hanazawa, Reigen and Dimple are exceptions to continue looking up for them, but that's pretty much resolved in Dimple's arc.

If this end is great because it wrapped all the characters within one arc; then Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Naruto, and almost all series with an arc with a great amount of characters fighting their time to show their personality aside of knowing them before means that are great to masterpieces of series. Looking obviously from the prism where grow doesn't really lead to wellness. To me, characters matter, but worlds matter the more.

Mob's other side?? I mean, if this really means that "???" was the other part, and in an instant becomes an enemy, in a city where there is an outburst of psychics, and only the strongest of them gets the screentime to portray thoughts and feelings, from my PoV that's a bad thing. Much more when in the leisure arc that was made before (aliens) nothing of the sort was hinted from the beings that mastered psychic power.
    This is completely something new that i don't want to categorize it as filler, because "shonen and power-up" come holding hands almost always, but it certainly looks that way.

ONE's forte is the simplicity, that's the key for Saitama' success for example. That work made in Tsubomi is what i really like about this arc, she got 4 to 6 panels where her toughness came to view her as someone really special. She didn't show too much, but worked great... and because of that, and what my thoughts are... i would put an "average" to classify this finale, i've seen it somewhere else, the characters were nice but topics such as civilization, powers and spirits were left behind... but still got the plus of the magnanimous Reigen and lastly Tsubomi ofc, Mob is just nice, all the hype wasted, but still nice to a shonen MC.

I'm not even sure what your criticism is anymore.

Like, how do you even suggest that an arc focused on the growth and development of the main character in a story about the growth and development of the main character is filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I'm not even sure what your criticism is anymore.

Like, how do you even suggest that an arc focused on the growth and development of the main character in a story about the growth and development of the main character is filler?
    I'm only throwing things that didn't like and saying the thing that i liked the most, focusing on "character grow" cause that's our topic xd I find it average despite all.

Yep, because the world is above characters and what happens in the story should go sync with those two, and Mob doesn't have that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Gotta say, the anime kinda put me off. It's weird to say this when you see the incredible animation and the care with which they're doing the adaptation, but...it's too damn hysterical. Too damn hyperactive. It's like the series is on steroids at.all.TIMES.

Mob Psycho is kinda low key. Yes, there's super powers and big fights and stuff, but at the end of the day, I think it should still be this low key story about a boy wanting to accept himself as he grows up.

Also, even on a purely comical aspect, Reigen, for example, works so much better in the manga, where you know he's bullshiting most of the times yet, strangely, he feels confident most of the times. In the anime I remember him sweating bullets at like every single scene. That's not ghe Reigen I know and love.
    Funny, I felt the same.

Reigen seems more like an hyperactive dude than a calm and collected bullshit artist. He seems to always make some overexagerated expression or pose for the sake of comedy. It's mildly annoying.

I'm fine with the pacing being so fast, I'm not sure the slow build up style of the manga would translate well into anime. Still good but... different.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information