+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lev Ely Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Reverie Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    Nontheless, I think my original point still stands. The Blues are all significantly bigger than either part of the Grand Line is and have a lot more land than the GL island kingdoms do.
    I would think that the kingdoms of the Grandline will somehow have more [important] resources due to their weird islands and with that more riches, power and influence.

Some probably do, some probably don't. We can't really say anything about that at this point.

I have a hard time imagining places like Whiskey Peak (not a Kingdom, but still) or Drum having so much of something that other places don't have that they would be politically more significant as a result. Of course, the GL's crazy climate can create conditions where some specific useful resource would come in aplenty, like a certain type of exquisite clam that could be used to make dials or a certain type of fish that is incredibly nutritious or something, but we haven't really seen anything that would point to that being the case across the board. Some particular kingdoms, though, sure. Absolutely.

The bigger problem with that line of thinking, though, I think, is the fact that the bigger a country is geographically, the more people it can usually sustain - depending obviously on the fertility of the land. And usually the more people a country has, the more likely it is to have a highly cultivated culture and an advanced level of technology, at least until the population reaches the point where the amount of people living there starts becoming a problem. Having seen countries like Goa, I think it's safe to say and assume that the bigger countries on the Blues are all just as important, if not even more important by some merit, than most of the GL kingdoms. And if that's the case, which we can only assume at this point, then crowding the Reverie with GL personalities would be a pretty serious faux pas for Oda.

Although, let's be honest here: it's probably not going to happen. Oda has been so meticulous with his world building thus far, including even people like Dragon in his story and showing how his men infiltrate other kingdoms and places we haven't even seen, that it would be strange for him to just wing it at this point.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    Some probably do, some probably don't. We can't really say anything about that at this point.

I have a hard time imagining places like Whiskey Peak (not a Kingdom, but still) or Drum having so much of something that other places don't have that they would be politically more significant as a result. Of course, the GL's crazy climate can create conditions where some specific useful resource would come in aplenty, like a certain type of exquisite clam that could be used to make dials or a certain type of fish that is incredibly nutritious or something, but we haven't really seen anything that would point to that being the case across the board. Some particular kingdoms, though, sure. Absolutely.

The bigger problem with that line of thinking, though, I think, is the fact that the bigger a country is geographically, the more people it can usually sustain - depending obviously on the fertility of the land. And usually the more people a country has, the more likely it is to have a highly cultivated culture and an advanced level of technology, at least until the population reaches the point where the amount of people living there starts becoming a problem. Having seen countries like Goa, I think it's safe to say and assume that the bigger countries on the Blues are all just as important, if not even more important by some merit, than most of the GL kingdoms. And if that's the case, which we can only assume at this point, then crowding the Reverie with GL personalities would be a pretty serious faux pas for Oda.

Although, let's be honest here: it's probably not going to happen. Oda has been so meticulous with his world building thus far, including even people like Dragon in his story and showing how his men infiltrate other kingdoms and places we haven't even seen, that it would be strange for him to just wing it at this point.
    Well wasn't Drum particularly famous and politically relevant for it's Doctors?

I can't imagine Wapol's new kingdom is particularly big or well run but it's still the only supply of wapometal (obviously because Wapol lives there, not as a resource.)

Smaller countries can still have a big say at the reverie.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I don't know if it's the right thread but this question is related to The Reverie.

Do you think we will get a development to Luffy about his dream? It's obvious at this moment One Piece isn't only a treasure of golds -if there is any. It contains information about the world's corruption and the void century. But Luffy right now is oblivious to all of this. Do you think Luffy will always continue this oblivious state and cause the change without aiming through his care-free and heart-warming actions or at some point we will get a Zoro moment version two which will awaken him freedom isn't for free in this world and there are certain powers leeches the people in this system.

So Luffy will walk towards Raftel with a sense of duty in his mind. At this point I can't relate to him as the person with the biggest dream. Roger was one. Dragon is one. But Luffy still can't see the big picture. WHEN he reaches Raftel it will be clear but I think a person to reach that place should have things on his mind rather than just being free for it's own sake. Luffy trying to create freedom for people's sake is another thing, though. This does not mean he must forsake 'he wants to be the person with the most freedom'. It's like he is going to fight Akainu either way but he is going to have some special moment with Akainu and Teach.

By the way I'm not saying Luffy's, or SHs (Franky and Sanji are ready go on their own for people's sake), actions aren't fitting for this role. Roger knew, or understood, the Raftel carried a meaning to itself. He was going for the poneglyphs intentionally. That is obvious after the note he left at Skypeia. Dragon doesn't need instructions of any kind can see through the world and aims for change with or without the information on poneglyphs. Luffy is making friends with all saving people and their kingdoms -gaining allies. So I just think he should begin to understand what WG and it's actions are causing and put some insight to his dreams which are being the Pirate King and being the person with the most freedom.

Sabo is a good candidate for this Zorov2 moment. Luffy is going to ask to Sabo what reason he wasn't at Marineford. Or whether what the hell he was doing important than Ace's life. Or for what reason he didn't become a pirate sailing seas rather a revolutionary , a group acting in a shady way with careful manner. That moment might give Luffy some insight -Sabo is working for his father after all. I wonder if Sabo knows that?

Quote Originally Posted by Myu View Post
    Sabo is working for his father after all. I wonder if Sabo knows that?
    The whole one piece world knows that. It would be an interesting flashback if we jumped to Sabo during the marinefold event.

"A wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo1 View Post
    The whole one piece world knows that. It would be an interesting flashback if we jumped to Sabo during the marinefold event.
    Haha I jumped that 'detail.'

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

I have a feeling that people during the Reverie, if a Reverie arc does happen, are going to die, like some assassination attempt on key political figures of the world. Call me crazy.

Luffy is going to ask to Sabo what reason he wasn't at Marineford. Or whether what the hell he was doing important than Ace's life.
    Luffy won't be asking anything like that. It's not like him.
    The only way a conversation like this could happen would be if Sabo brings the matter to the table himself

I think it will be a Mariejois own a saga, a bit 'as Marinefod, where people will come from all sides to come together. An event of this magnitude I imagine him being protected by the great forces of the Navy and the Shichibukai.

And, imho, it would be great to get a saga finally staged Dragon.

Revolutionaries vs Shikibukai + at least an admiral with various VA

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    The only way a conversation like this could happen would be if Sabo brings the matter to the table himself
    I have mixed feelings about it. I believe they will talk about it BUT you are probably right that it won't come from Luffy.

So about the Reverie itself... Before I give my two cents. Reverie is one month later, right? I remember it was mentioned in Fishman Island that it was so. Can anyone confirm this please?

I have mixed feelings about it. I believe they will talk about it BUT you are probably right that it won't come from Luffy.

So about the Reverie itself... Before I give my two cents. Reverie is one month later, right? I remember it was mentioned in Fishman Island that it was so. Can anyone confirm this please?
    No specific time frame was given about the Reverie. Just that they(Fishman Island) were so close to it and that it is this year. That's all we know.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    I think that too. I think Luffy doesn┤t really care why sabo wasn┤t there, even if he would have known that he┤s still alive. He is his brother, and Luffy doesn┤t doubt the person he cares about

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo1 View Post
    i hope we get something like that,

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Vivi, Carue, Pell, Chaka, Igaram
    Wapol
    Dalton
    Neptune, Fukaboshi, Shirahoshi(?), Manboshi & Ryuboshi(?)
    Rebecca, Riku Dold III(?), Viola(?), TS/Kyros(?)
    Elizabello II, Dagama
    King of Goa
    Iceberg(???)

All in the same room.
    Also the king from lucci's backstory who was about to be dethroned by some pirates because they had taken 500 soldiers of him as hostages.

Ah the Reverie. I have faith in Oda that only when hell freezes over that it would end up anything like the Kage Meeting Arc from Naruto~

In any case, I really don't want the Straw Hats to crash the party. This is finally the chance to see a full overview and much more in depth view of the nations and how they work. I want this Reverie to be completely focused on world building - well, at least for the most part until the inevitable whatever-upsetting-event happens by the end of meeting.

First off, I love the idea that the Reverie will occur after a Yonkou is taken down (Kaidou or Big Mom). It will certainly become a pressing topic during the Reverie, and the notion of all the kingdoms that the Straw Hats influenced being in the same room with all the other nations...it will be nothing but a tense situation. Thinking about how nailbiting it would be gives me shivers.

Second, people keep forgetting that Wapol was given by the World Government his own kingdom. He WILL appear in the Reverie. He was appointed by the WG itself with a kingdom. There will be not point for his cover story if that wasn't the case. (i still have my fingers crossed for Gedadtsu's cover story being relevant)

Third, whatever outcome happens in the Reverie, it surely would be connected to the Revolutionary's goal. AHHH. Come on reveal something about the Void Century!

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    Ah the Reverie. I have faith in Oda that only when hell freezes over that it would end up anything like the Kage Meeting Arc from Naruto~

(i still have my fingers crossed for Gedadtsu's cover story being relevant)
    What was wrong with the Five Kage Summit, and don't you mean arms crossed?

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    What was wrong with the Five Kage Summit
    You're asking what was wrong with a Naruto storyline deep deep deep beyond the point of Naruto starting to suck?

I mean in specifics. The part of that arc that I like the best was when Naruto started to hyperventilate after being told his best "friend" is going to be branded an international criminal, Tsunade is in a coma,the rest of his friends want to kill Sasuke, and there is going to be a war. For a story about wizard ninjas, that was very realistic in my opinion. Then again I wouldn't have appreciated that as much if it wasn't for TV Tropes pointing it out. I guess I'm just numb to Naruto, so nothing really affects me.

Never thought I would live to see somebody defend hyperventilating Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    I mean in specifics. The part of that arc that I like the best was when Naruto started to hyperventilate after being told his best "friend" is going to be branded an international criminal, Tsunade is in a coma,the rest of his friends want to kill Sasuke, and there is going to be a war. For a story about wizard ninjas, that was very realistic in my opinion. Then again I wouldn't have appreciated that as much if it wasn't for TV Tropes pointing it out. I guess I'm just numb to Naruto, so nothing really affects me.
    You mean the part where Naruto fainted because of Sasuke still being a bastard after 40 volumes of being a bastard, and for some reason Naruto still cares. Yeahhhh.

The Kages arc sucked like every other Naruto arc since Sasuke ran away because it was a bunch of boring fights between crappy characters or formerly interesting but now lifeless characters with a thin backdrop behind it of what was once an interesting ninja world.
    Like how Kishi sloppily threw that samurai country in, and did nothing with it, so instead of the sort of vibrant breathing worlds that Oda cooks up we had this cardboard background place.

Basically that's what people are saying. That god forbid Mariejois is just quickly sloppily treated like cardboard on the way to a bunch of melodramatic fights.

At first I thought that he was just angsting over his "friend"/ lover Sasuke, but he was going through a lot of shit at that time. If Kishi had presented it better sure, but nope it just looked like "My angst is too heavy for my lungs to work."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information