+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

Thread: The Reverie Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Reverie Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I'd say 5 chapters. When it starts, because apparently there is a 2 day gaps.
    That is the point, I wonder if this 2 days means we will have more preparations chapters than expected or if it just an amount of time to allow revolutionnaries to make preparations and it will be skipped

Now that we know that the Revolutionaries are plannig to crash the Reverie, what do we think they are going to do there? I don't think they have enough manpower to take down neither the Cipher Pols nor the Marines, so their objective must be more specific. Some options are:

- The sacred treasure of Mariejois. We don't really know what it is, but we know it is powerful. If Dragon steals it the WG would focus all of its efforts in getting it back. It's also the kind of covert operation the Revolutionaries specialize in. Create a big commotion in the Reverie and make use of it to steal the treasure while the marines are occupied. Attacking the kings, however, could also turn a lot of kingdoms against the revolutionaries (I'm referring to the ones that are currently neutral or don't think they are that big of a deal.)

- Freeing the slaves. This would be a personal attack against the celestial dragons and would fall in line with the Revolutionary Army's objectives. We know it's possible since Fisher Tiger did it once, and the commander's Devil Fruits would only make it easier. Such a move could also earn them some allies, like Fishman Island or the Dressrosa or Alabasta Kingdoms, who already object to the dragons' way of life. Moreover Hancock could also help the revolutionaries, specially if the Seven Warlords are disbanded earlier during the Reverie. I think this would be a great way to allow Luffy's past allies to get involved in future conflicts against the world governement.

It will be something symbolic to shake the world and let the message spread. They don't have the power to do some serious damage otherwise it would became another Marineford.
    Even if Dragon is at Yonkou level and Sabo is at Luffy level, the four captains were introduced beating a 50k pirate, so in my opinions Oda is telling us to expect something else than a military action.
    I don't think it's a coincidence we have someone like belobetty in the mix, and how she was introduced, she is going to encourage world leaders to fight wg and start a revolution somehow.

Can't wait to see Sabo meeting stelly btw.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

I think the Reverie could be the arc where we'll finally resolve some of the big mysteries regarding Kuma. In particular whether him joining the World Government and letting himself turn into an obedient cyborg is all part of a big, complicated plan from Dragon or not. If it is, then Kuma will probably be the key figure of this "declaration of war" from the revolutionaries. And if not, we still might get a more clear picture of his situation since a confrontation between him and Dragon and/or Sabo seems almost inevitable to me.

^Good call.

If not, then Kuma will probably only get explored in an eventual Vegapunk Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    It will be something symbolic to shake the world and let the message spread. They don't have the power to do some serious damage otherwise it would became another Marineford.
    If it was something symbolic, like the burning of a flag or Dragon interrupting the meetings to insult the Gorosei, we wouldn't need this much set up. Back when the RA's whereabouts were unknown, something like that would have been satisfying, because of the surprise factor; but now that we know Dragon is planing something, it will not be enough. It has to be something big enough to justify the introduction of the commanders at this point of the story.

I kinda imagine something like this to happen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbnhvB9sNY
    a bunch of masked people suddenly show up with the mastermind (Dragon) on top of a high building starting to give a big speech in front of all the kings and the present marines, and during the speech multiple buildings explode. And during the explosion of the biggest most important building, he takes of his mask and yells "We declare war on the celestial dragons", then the entire place is filled with smoke, and the revolutionaries are suddenly gone with all the current slaves

Just occured to me that it's Dragon vs the Dragons. Conisidence?
    My TOP 25 most excellent​ characters! - Usopp, Luffy, Blackbeard, Robin, Crocodile, Nami, Zoro, Ivankov, Buggy, Mr. 2, Big Mom, Sanji, Franky, Magellan, Kizaru, Brook, Kureha, Barto, Kokoro, Whitebeard, Hiriluk, Aokiji, Jinbe, Belle-Mere, and Iceberg

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    If it was something symbolic, like the burning of a flag or Dragon interrupting the meetings to insult the Gorosei, we wouldn't need this much set up. Back when the RA's whereabouts were unknown, something like that would have been satisfying, because of the surprise factor; but now that we know Dragon is planing something, it will not be enough. It has to be something big enough to justify the introduction of the commanders at this point of the story.
    I didn't say it wouldn't be big. I just said it won't be a war in literal meaning.

I would say it will be a war declaration. Or maybe Sabo would say that.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information