+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 651

Thread: The "Everything-but-Shueisha" Thread

  1. #1
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default The "Everything-but-Shueisha" Thread

    Since there are already ToC thread for Shounen Jump, I guess Magazine and Sunday should have their own thread as well. But, I decided to combine both since I don't think many people going to talk about Magazine and Sunday alone as compared to Jump.

    Here are the most recent TOC for both Magazine and Sunday:

    Magazine Issue 8:
    Baby Steps (Lead CP)
    Kimi no iru Machi
    Kamisama no Iutohri Ni
    Namiuchigawa no Muromi-san
    Fairy Tail
    Area no Kishi
    Acma:Game
    Daiya no Ace
    Nanatsu no Taizai
    AKB49
    Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome (CP)
    Days
    Soredemo Kimi ga Suki
    Hajime no Ippo
    Again!!
    Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
    UQ Holder!
    Aho-Girl
    Koe no Katachi
    Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R
    Sekkachi Hakushaku to Jikan Dorobou
    Seitokai Yakuindomo

    A-Bout!
    Hello!! (End)
    Chotto Morimashita。

    Magazine Issue 9:
    Lead CP: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
    CP: Kamisama no Iutohri Ni, Kimi o Mawashitai。(New Series, Moved from Bessatsu Shounen Magazine)
    2 Chapters: Soredemo Kimi ga Suki

    ========================================

    Sunday Issue 8:
    Imawa no Kuni no Alice (Cover, Lead CP)
    Magi
    Be Blues!
    Chrono Monochrome
    Charactimes
    Fantasista Stella
    Keijo!!!!!!!!
    Kokushi Musou!!
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    Nobelu
    Denpa Kyoushi
    Gin no Saji
    Gekko Jorei (CP)
    Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
    Hyoukyuuhime
    Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo
    Kyoukai no Rinne
    Meitantei Conan
    Hayate no Gotoku!
    Buyuden
    Chou Suinou Kei
    Zettai Karen Children
    Ane Log
    Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou
    Saijou no Meii

    Arata Kangatari, Area D (Absent)

    Sunday Issue 9:
    Cover, Lead CP: Be Blues!
    CP: Kokuchi Musou!!

    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 2nd, 2015 at 03:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yggdrasil

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Is the system somewhat similar or do get the Bottom 5 to live longer than in WSJ?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War



  3. #3
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Is the system somewhat similar or do get the Bottom 5 to live longer than in WSJ?
    For Magazine, the ToC doesn't reflect the popularity.

    For Sunday, it does reflect the popularity (like Jump), but it is more flexible than Jump (and Magazine); Sunday doesn't axe series like within 20 chapters.

  4. #4
    Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yggdrasil

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    For Magazine, the ToC doesn't reflect the popularity.

    For Sunday, it does reflect the popularity (like Jump), but it is more flexible than Jump (and Magazine); Sunday doesn't axe series like within 20 chapters.
    Thanks. Better add this to the opening post, I can see people asking this again if this thread has several pages in a few months.
    How do people gauge popularity in Magazine then? And how flexible is the system in Sunday?

    ..I also feel kinda uneducated because I have no clue what most of these series are. Be Blues! and Keijo!!!!... these and many others are no names in the Western fandom despite being obviously pretty popular (oh well, it's a bit too early to say that given that this is only one week). Does it fluctuate more than WSJ?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War



  5. #5

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Wow I've been following Again!! for ages and all this time I had no clue that it was in Weekly Shonen Magazine

  6. #6

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    This thread's a nice idea. I've been wondering about Sunday's rankings for a while now and it sure is nice to have Magi confirmed as the #1.

  7. #7
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    How do people gauge popularity in Magazine then? And how flexible is the system in Sunday?
    For Magazine, if the series get the color page, then it is getting good reception.

    For Sunday, I think this magazine keeps the series about one year (or even more) despite of low ranking.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also, it is announced that Kimi no iru Machi ​going to end on Issue 11 of Shounen Magazine.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Huh, I thought Ippo would have been a Sunday manga instead of Magazine. This is quite interesting. Thanks!
    Good to know Magi is at the top

  9. #9
    Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    I'm going to go ahead and sticky this for convenience.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  10. #10
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    It is announced that Sasuga Kei (author of GE~Good Ending~) going to start new series on Issue 21/22 of Shounen Magazine.

  11. #11
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is announced that Sasuga Kei (author of GE~Good Ending~) going to start new series on Issue 21/22 of Shounen Magazine.
    Kaizou 10 if it isn't that being of a trouble could you make a post where you say which series are newbie, which ones decently popular and which ones are very popular? That would be very helpful to grasp how are things in those ranks and to maybe decide which manga to try next.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Wait....Zettai Karen Children is still running ?

    It's going for as long as GS Mikami now.

  13. #13
    Discovered Stowaway fana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Hello!! failed pretty hard. A manga about rugby seemed like an interesting idea to me. But I guess it's hard to survive in WSM with so many (great) sports manga.

  14. #14
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post

    Also, it is announced that Kimi no iru Machi ​going to end on Issue 11 of Shounen Magazine.
    Thank fucking Christ, I won't have to put up with that shit anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Wait....Zettai Karen Children is still running ?

    It's going for as long as GS Mikami now.
    Still going strong and still has a while left to start resolving things.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

    http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

  15. #15
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Kaizou 10 if it isn't that being of a trouble could you make a post where you say which series are newbie, which ones decently popular and which ones are very popular? That would be very helpful to grasp how are things in those ranks and to maybe decide which manga to try next.
    Is that for both Magazine and Sunday series or just either one?
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; January 22nd, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

  16. #16
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Is that for both Magazine and Sunday series or just either one?
    Even though I know more about the series of Shonen Magazine it would be cool to see for both magazines.

  17. #17
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Even though I know more about the series of Shonen Magazine it would be cool to see for both magazines.
    Shounen Magazine
    Very Popular: Ahiru no Sora, Daiya no Ace, Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai
    Popular: Hajime no Ippo, Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, Area no Kishi, Baby Steps, Kimi no iru Machi, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Again!!, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, Koe no Katachi, UQ Holder!
    Somewhat Popular: Namiuchigawa no Muromi-san, A-Bout!,
    AKB49, Kamisama no Iutohri Ni, Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome, Aho-Girl, Days
    Not Popular: Chotto Morimashita, Acma:Game
    New: Sekkachi Hakushaku to Jikan Dorobou, Soredemo Kimi ga Suki

    Shounen Sunday
    Very Popular: Meitantei Conan, Magi, Gin no Saji
    Popular: Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, Hayate no Gotoku!, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    Somewhat Popular: Zettai Karen Children, Gekko Jorei, Arata Kangatari, Kyoukai no Rinne, Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo, Be Blues!, Buyuden, Denpa Kyoushi, Fantasista Stella, Birdmen
    Not Popular: Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou, Saijou no Meii, Inu-bu, Area D, Ane Log, Charactimes, Nobelu, Chou Suinou Kei, Keijo!!!!!!!!, Kokushi Musou!!, Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Imawa no Kuni no Alice
    New: Hyoukyuuhime, Chrono Monochrome

    This is just my perspective, so people may have different opinion.

  18. #18
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Shounen Magazine
    Very Popular: Ahiru no Sora, Daiya no Ace, Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai
    Popular: Hajime no Ippo, Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, Area no Kishi, Baby Steps, Kimi no iru Machi, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Again!!, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, Koe no Katachi, UQ Holder!
    Somewhat Popular: Namiuchigawa no Muromi-san, A-Bout!,
    AKB49, Kamisama no Iutohri Ni, Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome, Aho-Girl, Days
    Not Popular: Chotto Morimashita, Acma:Game
    New: Sekkachi Hakushaku to Jikan Dorobou, Soredemo Kimi ga Suki

    Shounen Sunday
    Very Popular: Meitantei Conan, Magi, Gin no Saji
    Popular: Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, Hayate no Gotoku!, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    Somewhat Popular: Zettai Karen Children, Gekko Jorei, Arata Kangatari, Kyoukai no Rinne, Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo, Be Blues!, Buyuden, Denpa Kyoushi, Fantasista Stella, Birdmen
    Not Popular: Kunisaki Izumo no Jijou, Saijou no Meii, Inu-bu, Area D, Ane Log, Charactimes, Nobelu, Chou Suinou Kei, Keijo!!!!!!!!, Kokushi Musou!!, Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Imawa no Kuni no Alice
    New: Hyoukyuuhime, Chrono Monochrome

    This is just my perspective, so people may have different opinion.
    Thanks! Very useful and interesting. Is better knowing somebody perspective than none!

    Birdmen is already Somewhat Popular?! WOW
    Koe no Katachi and UQ Holder are already Popular? WOW(Well I was expecting that for Koe no Katachi, is an awesome title, but not for UQ Holder).

    Doesn't Shounen Sunday as to many Not Popular series? And to little Very Popular ones?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Thank fucking Christ, I won't have to put up with that shit anymore.



    Still going strong and still has a while left to start resolving things.
    Mainly bring that up cause I miss GS Mikami a great deal, no other reason really.

  20. #20
    Discovered Stowaway Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Magazine & Sunday TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Birdmen is already Somewhat Popular?! WOW
    I think Birdmen somewhat popular since it is by well known author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Koe no Katachi and UQ Holder are already Popular? WOW(Well I was expecting that for Koe no Katachi, is an awesome title, but not for UQ Holder).
    Koe no Katachi already have good tank sale and it is getting very good reception. UQ Holder is by the popular author and the first volume sale is also good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts