+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: General Manga/Anime News and Discussions

Default Re: General Manga/Anime News and Discussions

Studio Ghibli co-founder Isao Takahata, who directed Only Yesterday, Pom Poko, My Neighbors the Yamadas, The Tale of Princess Kaguya and, of course, Grave of the Fireflies, has passed away.

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/04/0...ayao-miyazaki/

R.I.P

Grave Of The Fireflies is and always will be one of the most impactful movies I've ever seen.

The result of this week poll in mangaupdates struck me.
    Do you think people are kidding or is that for real ?

The poll is at the top left of this page https://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html

People are bound to forget the big hitters of the past if they don't care about the history of the medium. Especially when they're foreign. I'm sure you'd get the same results if you asked about Eisenstein or Akira Kurosawa. MU isn't age restricted either and I can tell you that I didn't know who Tezuka was when I was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    People are bound to forget the big hitters of the past if they don't care about the history of the medium. Especially when they're foreign. I'm sure you'd get the same results if you asked about Eisenstein or Akira Kurosawa. MU isn't age restricted either and I can tell you that I didn't know who Tezuka was when I was 14.
    yeah but i would believe people who read mangas grow older nowadays. Look at this forum, there are people who have been on this site for years now. And i thought MU was more a site for old geezers like me rather than teens who are more on social medias

http://www.comicsbeat.com/rumiko-tak...-at-angouleme/

congratulation to the 2d mangaka to win the biggest French prize

This can't go well in any way possible.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba.../#122a78c5e7c0

Apart from the news that the live-action movie adaptation of Your Name is going ahead with Marc Webb as director, it also appears that this new film will no longer be set in Japan.
    According to Deadline, the setting has been moved to the U.S. and is based around a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago who swap bodies, as per the original anime movie.

Were people expecting anything different? I think it's the norm for American adaptations to be set in America. I haven't seen the original movie but I doubt it being set in Japan is that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Were people expecting anything different? I think it's the norm for American adaptations to be set in America. I haven't seen the original movie but I doubt it being set in Japan is that important.
    I suggest you to watch it then.

Hm. Interesting...Although they say Native American woman...I feel the guy is probably still gonna be white. A small percentage of the him maybe being black. Depends on how faux woke they'll try to go.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information