+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 478

Thread: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

  1. #21

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    Yes, Oda stated it in an SBS.

    Also, it's funny how the shadows of the shichibukai look nothing like the real ones.
    I guess the more generic the silhouettes are, the less accurate they are.

    While the silhouettes that are distinct, like these, tend to be accurate.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Oda stated in an SBS that the father of Makino's child is "that man." Man, that drives me crazy.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Is this yorki?


  4. #24

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by RazgrizX View Post
    Why do people keep using this example. It's not foreshadowing, it's completely misunderstanding either use of the word paradise.

    Here this is the first time Oda is showing a different perspective of the Grand Line. Every other time it's mentioned in East Blue it's as this horrifying place where pirates die.
    Oda then introduces the idea for the first time that for brave people like Zeff and Luffy, instead of horror it's a chance at great adventures. The paradise of someone like Luffy.

    Later on, way later on. We are told that the informal name of the first half of the Grand Line is "Paradise". Why? Because in comparison to the New World it's so much less dangerous, that's the explanation given. It's a nickname based on how horrible the New World is. So it's a completely different use of the term here. It's hyping up New World as even crazier.

    This isn't foreshadowing.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    No. We're not having this debate again.

  5. #25
    Partially insane Cymelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Nami wearing Hancock and Robin's clothing of course.

    Spoiler:
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

  6. #26
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    So far most of Usopp's lies he told while on his home island have come 'true' to a degree and in some fashion.

    ch 24
    Hidden:

    This one was the biggie. it acutally covers a lot. First off =

    1- the Giant Goldfish.
    We actually see two types of giant goldfish. There is the recent fighting fish at Dressrosa. But first one to show up was many, many times bigger - the Island Eater (as big or bigger than many sea kings)
    Hidden:
    ch 129
    it fits the next part of the tale

    2-It's feces so long/big it was mistaken for an island.
    Dorry & Broggy state the same about the Island Eater
    Hidden:


    3- The defeated giant goldfish is used to feed a country of dwarves.
    Here its is not Usopp that defeats the fish but the dwarves themselves. But yes, they do eat the giant goldfish native to Dressrosa.

    There are two things here that haven't came true yet=
    In that tale, Usopp traveled at age 5 and fought a southern giant goldfish. As we seen the tales do not come true to the exact match of the tale but in a mismatch and at different times.
    This means =
    1- There is a possiblity that we could learn that Usopp did sail of on adventures when he was young. (maybe that's why he's so scared, went out to sea too soon and saw how dangerous it was and how unprepared he was.)
    2- a Possiblity he fights someone/something from the South Blue.


    ch 40
    Hidden:

    Let's see, a cerebus was met during Thriller Bark, the dragon (plus a 2nd one) in Punk Hazard.
    I wanna see a 'alien store owner'!

    Interesting thing is that Usopp may not remember the things he's predicted in his tall tales. ch 129 showed "giant goldfish" sounded familiar to him but he couldn't remember where he 'heard' (said it himself is more like it) it from.
    Hidden:




    I believe there was one added in anime as I can't find it in the manga. I seem to remember the tale in ch 24 happening different in the anime. Instead of being interrupted as he told how he sent the fish to the dwarves, I think in the anime he was about to start another tale as I remember him saying "Did I tell you about the time I fought a giant mole?" when the Luffy & co interrupted him.
    Of course this wasn't actually Oda's foreshadowing the fight between Usopp and ms Merry Christmas as the manga was already covered it and it was done in anime. But I added it here because I've forgotten that in the past and added to the list of "Usopp's tales that came true"

  7. #27

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Usopp's lies.
    In regards to the alien stuff, there's some probability that they actually will encounter aliens, since Enel already met some on the moon.

    There's also the lie he told to his mother on the deathbed, that there's a medicine that can cure all diseases - which coincidentally is actually Chopper's dream.

    Also the mole lie is canon.


  8. #28
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    In regards to the alien stuff, there's some probability that they actually will encounter aliens, since Enel already met some on the moon.

    There's also the lie he told to his mother on the deathbed, that there's a medicine that can cure all diseases - which coincidentally is actually Chopper's dream.
    I actually forgot about that. Since its Chopper's dream, it give that particular lie some good chances of becoming real.

    Also the mole lie is canon.
    Do you know what chapter? I still can't find it. All I can remember is Usopp going "Did I tell you about the time I fought a giant mole?" I thought he was telling it to Kaya, so that's why I thought it was anime only since I didn't see it in the parts where he's on his home island.
    It just struck me that he could have been telling the tale to Chopper or someone else. ... but I can't remember where!!!

  9. #29

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Why do people keep using this example. It's not foreshadowing, it's completely misunderstanding either use of the word paradise.

    Here this is the first time Oda is showing a different perspective of the Grand Line. Every other time it's mentioned in East Blue it's as this horrifying place where pirates die.
    Oda then introduces the idea for the first time that for brave people like Zeff and Luffy, instead of horror it's a chance at great adventures. The paradise of someone like Luffy.

    Later on, way later on. We are told that the informal name of the first half of the Grand Line is "Paradise". Why? Because in comparison to the New World it's so much less dangerous, that's the explanation given. It's a nickname based on how horrible the New World is. So it's a completely different use of the term here. It's hyping up New World as even crazier.

    This isn't foreshadowing.
    likely not. in one piece green it's confirmed zeff's "paradise" is referred to that term use
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

  10. #30

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Do you know what chapter? I still can't find it. All I can remember is Usopp going "Did I tell you about the time I fought a giant mole?" I thought he was telling it to Kaya, so that's why I thought it was anime only since I didn't see it in the parts where he's on his home island.
    It just struck me that he could have been telling the tale to Chopper or someone else. ... but I can't remember where!!!
    I was just googling "Usopp's lies" and found a panel with Usopp saying the line "I heard that there's a huge mole inside the mansion!", so it should be sometime around the scene where he punches Kurahadol.


  11. #31
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Now, this might be a little bit obscure, but...

    Spoiler:


    Spoiler:
    Foreshadowing for the artficial devil fruit business, or just regular flamingo speak? You decide!

  12. #32
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    I've kinda made something similar here though I haven't done anything for a while.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I've kinda made something similar here though I haven't done anything for a while.
    Looked through it and found something interesting:
    Spoiler:




    Is it something of the Shichibukai? or of older shichi's? a sign of the older days of piracy when Mihawk and Doffy were pirates? Did they have an alliance?



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    I was just googling "Usopp's lies" and found a panel with Usopp saying the line "I heard that there's a huge mole inside the mansion!", so it should be sometime around the scene where he punches Kurahadol.
    I've found these two:
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    but I have no idea from which chapters these are from.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I've kinda made something similar here though I haven't done anything for a while.
    That's awesome, man!

  15. #35
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post
    Looked through it and found something interesting:
    Is it something of the Shichibukai? or of older shichi's? a sign of the older days of piracy when Mihawk and Doffy were pirates? Did they have an alliance?
    Probably just a fashion stuff from Oda, since then, someone found out the same thing on Blueno:


    But who knows...

  16. #36
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    I was just googling "Usopp's lies" and found a panel with Usopp saying the line "I heard that there's a huge mole inside the mansion!", so it should be sometime around the scene where he punches Kurahadol.
    That is quite different from something like "Did I tell you when I fought a giant mole".
    Granted it does foreshadow a giant mole, thanks for finding it, but from what I remember (which I admit could be wrong) it was Usopp telling tales to Kaya and mentioned he fought a giant mole.

    Quote Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post

    I've found these two:
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    but I have no idea from which chapters these are from.
    the scene of Usopp & the boys chasing the dog comes from ch 40. Can't remember what chapter the zombie cerebus appeared in.

    Thanks to the captain above, I just found the chapter where Usopp states he heard of a giant mole, in ch 24(pg 15 at Batoto). Not sure which chapter he faced Ms. Merry Christmas, think its between 150-190ish range ( I know in ch 190 was when Nami faced Ms Doublefinger, and believe Usopp's fight was before that)

  17. #37

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Probably just a fashion stuff from Oda, since then, someone found out the same thing on Blueno:
    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6441/brazaleteq.jpg

    But who knows...
    Cool, maybe it is another fashion empire like Cri-min of bracelets in the new world.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post
    Looked through it and found something interesting:


    Is it something of the Shichibukai? or of older shichi's? a sign of the older days of piracy when Mihawk and Doffy were pirates? Did they have an alliance?





    I've found these two:



    but I have no idea from which chapters these are from.
    This mole?
    Spoiler:

  19. #39
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    these ones too:

    Spoiler:







  20. #40
    Discovered Stowaway Torao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I've kinda made something similar here though I haven't done anything for a while.
    i was going to link that site too^^
    nice one, really liked it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts