+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

Default Re: Oda's Foreshadowing Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Cyke View Post
    I was just re-reading Arlong's arc and I think I found something lol. Can't actually put a pic here in the office (or open some links but here is one) - chapter 94, page 16 on this.

http://www.mangabird.com/one-piece-94?page=15

Obviously people know that this is the foreshadowing for Brook (Luffy wanting a musician in the crew), but Usopp talking about Zoro's wounds needs 2 years to fully heal, can it be a foreshadowing of the timeskip? heh, sorry if it's mentioned earlier or whatever.
    Don't think this can be called foreshadowing, Luffy has wanted a musician since the start and it has been a constant gag thru the series. On the next chapter however one of the villagers call Nami by her future epithet.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Anybody else think Luffy will eventually get his bronze statue?

read.

Quote Originally Posted by city_lights31 View Post
    Anybody else think Luffy will eventually get his bronze statue?
    I still think they are going to steal that Kyros statue.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Why do people keep using this example. It's not foreshadowing, it's completely misunderstanding either use of the word paradise.

Here this is the first time Oda is showing a different perspective of the Grand Line. Every other time it's mentioned in East Blue it's as this horrifying place where pirates die.
    Oda then introduces the idea for the first time that for brave people like Zeff and Luffy, instead of horror it's a chance at great adventures. The paradise of someone like Luffy.

Later on, way later on. We are told that the informal name of the first half of the Grand Line is "Paradise". Why? Because in comparison to the New World it's so much less dangerous, that's the explanation given. It's a nickname based on how horrible the New World is. So it's a completely different use of the term here. It's hyping up New World as even crazier.
    So when character A says that Grand Line is called "paradise", and character B later calls it "paradise", these two instances can't possibly have a connection of any kind?

Of course! It makes total sense! We're so lucky to have you guide us Zeppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    So when character A says that Grand Line is called "paradise", and character B later calls it "paradise", these two instances can't possibly have a connection of any kind?

Of course! It makes total sense! We're so lucky to have you guide us Zeppy!
    Haha, context!! Haha, what even IS that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Haha, context!! Haha, what even IS that.
    Context? it's too hard to digested in here...

teh thing say teh other thing, is teh same duhhhh???

WORD IS WORD???

If Zeff had told Luffy "The first half of the grandline is often refered to as Paradise" or something along those lines, it would have been a different scenario. I gotta agree with MK on this one, the term "Grand Line" refers to both the First Half ("Paradise") AND The New World, wich people often seem to often forget. I think Zeff was refering to both, and how the Grand Line is a "Paradise" for those who seek great adventures.
    Last edited by DollarScholar; February 18th, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    If Zeff had told Luffy "The first half of the grandline is often refered to as Paradise" or something along those lines, it would have been a different scenario. I gotta agree with MK on this one, the term "Grand Line" refers to both the First Half ("Paradise") AND The New World, wich people often seem to often forget. I think Zeff was referring to both, and how the Grand Line is a "Paradise" for those who seek great adventures.
    That might make most sense. I just can't see how it wasn't referring to Zeff's earlier words. The connection is just too obvious!

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post
    Cool, maybe it (those bracelets) is another fashion empire like Cri-min of bracelets in the new world.
    This bracelet Thing is kinda interesting, though it might be really just a Fashion thing. Just like those certain glasses some chars are wearing (Sarkis, Ikaros Muhi, Kiwi/Mozu and Shaluria Guu, each in different colour).
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    This bracelet Thing is kinda interesting, though it might be really just a Fashion thing. Just like those certain glasses some chars are wearing (Sarkis, Ikaros Muhi, Kiwi/Mozu and Shaluria Guu, each in different colour).
    That's what I've thought. After all, to me it reminds me of those 'jelly bracelets' that were so popular with the youth (least here in USA) a few years ago. I've seen so many 12-15 yr olds wearing them the older girls liked to take two of them and twist them so the looked like a X on the wrist ... exactly like those guys were wearing.
    That is why I never bought into the "they are wearing same odd bracelets! it must mean something!" theory.

I am not sure if it has been brought (or answered) before but...
    In chapter 594 (episode 511, pre-timeskip), we see a brief scene with Capone Bege and his crew witnessing their ship being pulled up towards a giant black rock/ball/meteor-type thingy coming down from the sky. I don't think (I might be forgetting something, if it was explained) it has been explained yet.

idk if I'm looking too much into it but it reminded me of Fujitora's powers. So, I think it might be him doing it.
    We still don't fully know what Fujitora can do with his powers. So, yeah...

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    That's what I've thought. After all, to me it reminds me of those 'jelly bracelets' that were so popular with the youth (least here in USA) a few years ago. I've seen so many 12-15 yr olds wearing them the older girls liked to take two of them and twist them so the looked like a X on the wrist ... exactly like those guys were wearing.
    That is why I never bought into the "they are wearing same odd bracelets! it must mean something!" theory.
    Not only that, but on one colourspread Zoro wears a similar bracelet (Looks like 1 and a half or 2 of those bracelets. It's the colourspread where the 5 SHs sit on a ice-bear who got sth written on his face by Nami's lipstick). The biggest foreshadowing is still upon us: WB's last words about the events that will happen when a D. finally finds OP. Another big ?-mark is Enel's coverstory. Will Enel's next appearance onscreen unfold the history and purpose of the skyfolk? And what if Urouge is BB's 10th member (if it isn't Stronger?). He was pretty fascinated by BB after the war. I can't neither imagine Kuzan nor Stronger as one of BB's captains.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post
    In chapter 594 (episode 511, pre-timeskip), we see a brief scene with Capone Bege and his crew witnessing their ship being pulled up towards a giant black rock/ball/meteor-type thingy coming down from the sky. I don't think (I might be forgetting something, if it was explained) it has been explained yet.

idk if I'm looking too much into it but it reminded me of Fujitora's powers. So, I think it might be him doing it.
    http://i.imgur.com/NyvUp7K.png
    The rocks look like thrusters. Enel?

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    That might make most sense. I just can't see how it wasn't referring to Zeff's earlier words. The connection is just too obvious!
    Yeah in a world where sentences don't exist, just words that exist in voids entirely independent of each-other.

Even more so when its *translated* words that are supposed to be lining up!

Not everything is Blackbeard saying "ambition" with a very specific spelling in volume 25 in a way it naturally blends into the sentence that later turns out to be "haki".
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post

http://i.imgur.com/NyvUp7K.png
    Some people think that-that is one of the OP world's moons. The idea is that it gets too close to the earth during it rotation around the OP planet and that it does so right over the new world. If you look at the globe of the OP world in Robin's flashback you will see that one of it's six moons gets rather close to the planet.

I doubt it though. Its probably just some crazy island.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post

Not everything is Blackbeard saying "Haki" with a very specific spelling in volume 25.
    Soooo in the original version, the "paradise" Zeff mentioned wasn't the same "paradise" those pirates did?

The only lie left to be fulfilled is the one about the alien bar owner. Does this mean that we will fly to the moon? Or another place where those rabbit aliens gather?
    Last edited by Candide; February 20th, 2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Removed dead link.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post

Not everything is Blackbeard saying "ambition" with a very specific spelling in volume 25 in a way it naturally blends into the sentence that later turns out to be "haki".
    I've been looking for it on Jaya but i can't seem to find it, which translation would be the ideal for that volume? thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information