+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Space Jam 2

Default Re: Space Jam 2

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They're laughing at how pathetic Pepe himself is and enjoying the schadenfreude of seeing him fail and suffer, and by extension laughing at French people as a whole.
    That's the joke, yeah, but like we said, it would be funnier if Penelope got angry, instead the constant look on her face is horror. There's also the fact that Pepe is always kissing her face, which as a woman I can say is just cringe-worthy, not funny. It probably would be funnier if he were kissing her hand (which isn't that what flirty Frenchmen do?).

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Again how hard is it to re-write a character other then what they keep complaining what he was in the past. The shorts were long long time ago, is total erasure just the go-to answer for stuff that was consider acceptable back then cause the shorts ain't going away anytime soon.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    That's the joke, yeah, but like we said, it would be funnier if Penelope got angry, instead the constant look on her face is horror. There's also the fact that Pepe is always kissing her face, which as a woman I can say is just cringe-worthy, not funny. It probably would be funnier if he were kissing her hand (which isn't that what flirty Frenchmen do?).
    I know I've seen him do the hand kiss thing.

I think it's been a long time since most of us have seen his cartoons, and when I went back to watch one recently... it really wasn't worth revisiting.

I don't think I ever thought they were funny as a kid, I just watched them because they were on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information