+ Reply to Thread
Page 678 of 678 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678
Results 13,541 to 13,560 of 13560

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #13541
    Meow Ziyang Monkey King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    All I'm saying is that it's convenient timing for an opportunity to be used to smear said party, and it worries me.
    You said it like a cartoon Sherlock Holmes from a kids movie.

    I hate how often 'conspiracy theorist' is used to shut down anyone that doesn't share the same opinion, or if you don't look at things from the same angle instead of all angles.
    No one probably on earth let alone this forum disputes the idea that a terrorist act could benefit an isolationist xenophobic right wing political party in an election. What you're saying here has nothing to do with anything.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Anyway at this point I'm just explaining myself rather than actively mobbing you.

  2. #13542

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I think the reason Corbyn is failing is because he's a shitty politician and him and his closest advisors keep showing they're incompetent.
    Do you support Jeremy Corbyn Theresa May? Corbyn is behind but the Tory lead has halfed in a week, for good reason.

    In what way do you think is he a shitty politician? His proposed polices and stances are outstanding are certainly better than May's.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Anyway at this point I'm just explaining myself rather than actively mobbing you.
    It just felt like that, no hard feelings.

  3. #13543
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Do you support Jeremy Corbyn Theresa May? Corbyn is behind but the Tory lead has halfed in a week, for good reason.

    In what way do you think is he a shitty politician? His proposed polices and stances are outstanding are certainly better than May's.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    It just felt like that, no hard feelings.
    If America's 2016 election should teach anything it's that policy alone does not a politician make

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  4. #13544
    Meow Ziyang Monkey King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Do you support Jeremy Corbyn Theresa May? Corbyn is behind but the Tory lead has halfed in a week, for good reason.
    The reason appears to be the Tories are nearly as stupid as Republicans and announced some sort of horrific senior benefits destroying policy idea, and were shocked to find turning fiscal conservative cannons on their own voting base is not smart.
    Not anything to do with Corbyn himself.

  5. #13545

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Do you support Jeremy Corbyn Theresa May? Corbyn is behind but the Tory lead has halfed in a week, for good reason.

    In what way do you think is he a shitty politician? His proposed polices and stances are outstanding are certainly better than May's.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    It just felt like that, no hard feelings.
    Having good policies has little to do with being a good politician. Corbyn may have the best policies but he appears feckless and curmudgeony. Throwing tantrums about how the media and the Blairites (the most succesful Labour politician in history) are out to destroy him doesn't help either. Nor does Diane Abbott's general stupidity.

  6. #13546

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Having good policies has little to do with being a good politician. Corbyn may have the best policies but he appears feckless and curmudgeony. Throwing tantrums about how the media and the Blairites (the most succesful Labour politician in history) are out to destroy him doesn't help either. Nor does Diane Abbott's general stupidity.
    Those are weak reasons. Corbyn took a stance against what Bush and Blair stood for and for good reason, one of the many reasons he connects with his voters. I sympathize with how biased certain paper outlets are towards Corbyn, going as far as labeling him a terrorist sympathizer. Labour's fully costed manifesto completely outweighs any insecurities of his character.

    The only politician showing a weakness right now is May. Backtracking on a manifesto which isn't even fully costed is completely unheard of in British politics. She is weak, wobbly and terrified of confrontation. 'Strong and stable', you might as well be saying 'Make America Great Again'.

  7. #13547

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    There's apparently a siege going on in Philippines between AFP and ISIS branch group, Martial Law has been declared, ISIS flags on buildings they took over... and the situation doesn't seem to be making the top news??

  8. #13548
    Meow Ziyang Monkey King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    There's apparently a siege going on in Philippines between AFP and ISIS branch group, Martial Law has been declared, ISIS flags on buildings they took over... and the situation doesn't seem to be making the top news??
    Probably because its taking place in a small provincial capital in the already off the beaten path southern region of the country. And the Martial Law is strictly in that region.
    Islamic insurgency in the southern Philippines isn't anything new. I guess it remains to be seen if this is more significant than past events in terms of casualties and scope.

  9. #13549

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  10. #13550
    Discovered Stowaway Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hole in the ground

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II


  11. #13551
    Meow Ziyang Monkey King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It is indeed super good.

    But the title is a bit misleading. The court's action unlike ours doesn't immediately make gay marriage legal, instead it sounds like it's more a direct order that their parliament has to pass some sort of law soon. And apparently such a law could be Civil Unions rather than marriage.
    But still, major development on that front. A beachhead into East Asia.

  12. #13552

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    South Korea will probably be the next east-asian country to pass homosexual marriage.

  13. #13553

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    South Korea will probably be the next east-asian country to pass homosexual marriage.
    It's... hard to say. South Korea is ahead of Japan in legal LGBT protection, but the public consensus for acceptance is much lower than Japan.
    Japan actually has a majority in favor (54%) of allowing same-sex marriage, it's just not reflected in political opinions due to strong hold of conservatism.
    There are far more homosexual acceptance in public in Japan than Korea, including having tons of transgender bars. Only 39% of South Koreans even agree to accept homosexuality in the society, and have often criticized and attacked public networks that feature homosexual themes.
    The average youth of South Korea is definitely more progressive-leaning than Japanese, but majority opinion is still against LGBT.

    It's likely due to the fact Japan actually has a well known homosexual culture in history dating back centuries.
    I mean hell, even Oda Nobunaga was supposedly bisexual lol.

  14. #13554
    King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Monster Island

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    More anti-government protesting, only in Brazil this time. They too would like their President to step down and have a general election immediately. With riots and destruction of property until they get it.

    If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla. Ishirō Honda

  15. #13555

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Are there any other missing victims from the Manchester tragedy that are still known? Or is the recent list of the confirmed dead basically everyone and accounted for?
    Working process.

  16. #13556

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It's... hard to say. South Korea is ahead of Japan in legal LGBT protection, but the public consensus for acceptance is much lower than Japan.
    Japan actually has a majority in favor (54%) of allowing same-sex marriage, it's just not reflected in political opinions due to strong hold of conservatism.
    There are far more homosexual acceptance in public in Japan than Korea, including having tons of transgender bars. Only 39% of South Koreans even agree to accept homosexuality in the society, and have often criticized and attacked public networks that feature homosexual themes.
    The average youth of South Korea is definitely more progressive-leaning than Japanese, but majority opinion is still against LGBT.

    It's likely due to the fact Japan actually has a well known homosexual culture in history dating back centuries.
    I mean hell, even Oda Nobunaga was supposedly bisexual lol.
    yeah okay. I was saying that because of their new --liberal-- president actually. I know about the popularity of the LGBT cause in Korea and that the current president said something stupid on TV about homosexuality, but the article I read (4 pages, french paper, and gotta admit it's pretty much all I know about the new president) was saying that Moon Jae-in said something homophobic because he needed more popularity to be elected, or something like that. Anyway, even though Japan had a majority in favor of allowing same-sex marriage I doubt that Shinzo Abe would ever legalize homosexual marriage tbh.

  17. #13557
    King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Monster Island

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Are there any other missing victims from the Manchester tragedy that are still known? Or is the recent list of the confirmed dead basically everyone and accounted for?
    Yes, it looks like all of the deceased are accounted for. Afew just haven't been identified yet.

    If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla. Ishirō Honda

  18. #13558

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/miamihe...152250822.html

    A few days late but another example of do something stupid get excused for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  19. #13559

  20. #13560

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I don't have the empathy to do this right but I'll try.

    Known measures left are violations of civil liberties and restrictions that won't be foolproof. Everything else is either total extermination, which will bring more terrorists not including the horrible human loss, or experiments.

    And this dude goes straight for immigration. Sure, let's keep these people contained, so only our own can kill us. I'm sure there is a very similar text on the ISIS magazine, but with inverted roles.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts