Results 14,321 to 14,338 of 14338

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Which is more tragicomic?
    The GOP has been here before under Bush and learned absolutely nothing from it. If anything, their second go-around has managed to be even worse than the first and in less than a third the time.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The number of migrants in Spain has exploded over 230% in the last month because Italy doesn't give a crap anymore.
    But--- but not a single party is against them because they remember Franco. Take that "uhu we don't want migrants in YOROPE and it's not racism" team.

witness this
    Spoiler:

or this
    Spoiler:

Look at these madmen HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
    The cop who tried to kick a guy and got his leg twisted really has a shitty karma. lol
    RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 EPISODE 2 IS OUT !!!!!

Takes a man with a pasta sounding surname to spot a man with a pasta sounding surname. You can't fool me.
    Bolsonaro ain't a Portuguese name!
    Oh right, you were talking about him. Guess you don't know much about him? He's our own brand of brazilian far-right and possible future president.

Well, he is a possible president because most people who are engaged in political discussions in Brazil can't seem to be centrist.

Or they support far left and PT.
    Or they support far right and Bolsonaro.

Any other non extremist parties are labeled "conniving with corruption".
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

-The Republicans have absolute control of all elected branches of government, and are still bumbling and fumbling and tripping on every available banana peel.
    -While the Tories went from similar degrees of control, gambled on more, and then immediately shat their pants and have basically fumbled down their power to almost losing their dominance entirely. And everyone hates them thanks to Grenfell too.

Which is more tragicomic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The GOP has been here before under Bush and learned absolutely nothing from it. If anything, their second go-around has managed to be even worse than the first and in less than a third the time.
    Eh I think the Tories are worse off - they've got a vicious right-wing media smearing Corbyn like the Muslim(-friendly) Communist Antichrist AND a significant Blairite wing in Labour trying to weaken his position as well, yet somehow have managed to shoot themselves in the foot even with situations that could've technically been boons to them (the Grande concert bombing could've stoked the anti-immigrant/refuge and Islamophobic flames but the police force managed to turn it to a conversation about May cutting funding to them while Corbyn even managed to get support for his nuanced view of the situation, not that I don't think he's still generally fuzzy foreign policy-wise)

Either way, we can see that both governments are easily clinching the 'worst administrations ever' title in their respective countries (and hopefully holding onto it for a good while). Also, from what I've heard I think we can add Turnbull and his Liberal Party to the 'right-wing governments making an absolute fools of themselves' pile with the recent ideological splits concerning gay marriage.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This headline is so beautiful I don't want to know the boring details behind it (link here anyway for the curious)

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/897172877610450944

President Trump signs a memo addressing intellectual property violations in China
    So it seems Trump has decided to start the much hyped trade war with China.I don't think it's just a co-incidence that he has done this just after the newest economy data for china is not that positive,asn shows the first sign of a slow-down.

I wonder if china will still go ahead with their sanction implementation against N Korea.
    And i would say this has put a lid on any possible flaring up at the Doklam stand-off.Not like there would have been any conflict anyway
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

From What The Fuck Just Happened Today's Twitter:

1/ A junior Trump campaign adviser repeatedly tried to setup a meeting with Putin.

https://t.co/3yiFEiskBd

lemme say that again: During the presidential campaign, a junior Trump campaign adviser repeatedly tried to setup a meeting with Putin.
    Article is Washington Post.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

All the Presidents Men 2: Sempai Will Notice Me

Can Trump start a war in Venezuela ? I mean, would he get the votes at the Senate to go there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Can Trump start a war in Venezuela ? I mean, would he get the votes at the Senate to go there ?
    Absolutely not. There's not even the slightest grounds that even Republican warhawks would go for.

You're still making the mistake to think random idiot comments suggest real plans, and not just his mouth running brain free.

I'm making no mistake. I was just asking how the Senate was feeling because all I got was just the Nebraska senator (Ben Sasse) saying:"No. Congress obviously isn't authorizing war in Venezuela" "Nicolas Maduro is a horrible human being, but Congress doesn't vote to spill Nebraskans' blood based on who the executive lashes out at today."

What would the Senate would vote a war for though ?

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

https://youtu.be/patXFORkq2c
    https://youtu.be/YK5Ej04uOHw
    I hope that this won't end up as it looks like its gonna end up

By fire be purged

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I'm making no mistake. I was just asking how the Senate was feeling because all I got was just the Nebraska senator (Ben Sasse) saying:"No. Congress obviously isn't authorizing war in Venezuela" "Nicolas Maduro is a horrible human being, but Congress doesn't vote to spill Nebraskans' blood based on who the executive lashes out at today."

What would the Senate would vote a war for though ?
    Technically speaking, the U.S. has not officially declared war since WW2. It's usually called "military interventions" or something along those lines.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

So Nicolás Maduro is rallying against a foreign invasion from the U.S. It appears to be resonating with lots of people. Features a special guest appearance by Mike Pence.
    Godzilla always requires the best. He's the boss, but that's why i'm his partner. We're partners because we share the same feelings. — Haruo Nakajima

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Technically speaking, the U.S. has not officially declared war since WW2. It's usually called "military interventions" or something along those lines.
    Oh, I did not know that. I would think with the Korean War, Vietnam War, etc., it was a declaration. I guess I did not pay much attention to how it all went about.

Series: Cyberbots; Character: Devilotte de DeathSatan IX; Artist: Unknown
    Signature:
    Artemis (Diana) - Greek Goddess; Artist: Michael C. Hayes

Blackwater founder Erik Prince cites East India Company as a model to privatize Afghanistan war:

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/08/blac...ghanistan-war/

Blackwater Founder Erik Prince Urges Trump to Privatize Afghan War & Install Viceroy to Run Nation:

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/8/..._founder_trump

How sickening. These people just want to take advantage of the opium and minerals which Afghanistan possesses.

Will we see a new reenactment of the 1842 retreat from Kabul ?

Quote Originally Posted by RazgrizX View Post
    Well, I'm approaching this with the mindset that even if I end up hating all of the candidates I'm still going to try to figure out which one is the least bad for me so if I end up not trusting any of them I'll still hold my breath and vote for the less worst of them.
    You would be right, if we were living in the 90's or early 00's.

But, now, we have Lava-Jato, and more important, Sérgio Moro. As much as the fake news loves to say that the Lava-Jato is just a way to persecute Lula and PT, it is not going to stop with the possible arrest of Lula, it will investigate any corruption, regardless of party (and with Cármen Lúcia's decission, it will have full support for another full year), so yeah, 2018 will be a chaotic year for Brazil.

Nowadays, "Fora Temer" is not a left or right catchphrase, is somewhat, magicaly a brazilian motto. And not just Temer, but other corrupt politicians.
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information