+ Reply to Thread
Page 734 of 734 FirstFirst ... 234 634 684 724 732 733 734
Results 14,661 to 14,673 of 14673

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by C_uggs View Post
    We all love some clever memes..

Aah man, my pres is never included in these kind of memes, but okay, I once heard that the less you hear about a politician, the more he's doing his job, whoever said it, was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Not to mention that the Basque country extends into France too so you'd need the cooperation of both countries unless only one part of it is successful.
    Both issues actually extend into France
    Spoiler:

What is a Erdo man ?
    And Xi Jinping's pseudo should be something related to the high number of journalists and civilians he's giving death penalty (highest in the world).

Also, I'm reading in today's paper that Macron is known to only get 4 to 5 hours of sleep, which could explain why he spends so much on make-up
    Last edited by Nilitch; September 21st, 2017 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    How likely is Basque country and Galicia to up and over and get on the Catalunya's train of tought? Is spain going to allow itself to be split, or overuse it's force to keep itself together and alienate the EU and it's other components?

I'm too covered in cynism to do a proper analysis.
    Right now, the Basque Country is not in a position of really, really wanting the independence. Its main political party, the basque nationalists PNV, are at the moment siding with the spanish government in exchange for some pretty "juicy" benefits. In fact, if it weren't for the PNV, Spain's president Mariano Rajoy would've been UNABLE to pass the last state budgets.

It's not weird; not many years go, Catalonia's main nationalist party, Convergencia, did the exact same thing, even when Aznar was the president (in fact, infamously WHEN Aznar was the president, as that man was anathema to anything regarding Spain as a plurinational/federal state, but he needed Pujol's support so. . .).

Bottom line, the Basque Country is in a pretty confortable position right now. In fact, they've been historically beneffited as a "fuero", something that, should Catalonia have something similar, we wouldn't probably be where we are right now; I think the Statue of Autonomy that was thrashed during the Zapatero government was supposed to bring Catalonia a bit closer to Euskadi, and that's when everything started: the independence movement started getting more and more addepts to the point where even the conservatives of Convergencia (now PDCAT, the party currently rulling Catalonia), historically notorius for NOT being interested in going all-the-way-independence, are actually going all-the-way independence.

And, well, here's where we are! Are you still around here in Barcelona? Scared of the situation? Cause I admit it IS kinda scary right now, but also. . .kinda exciting?

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    How likely is Basque country and Galicia to up and over and get on the Catalunya's train of tought? Is spain going to allow itself to be split, or overuse it's force to keep itself together and alienate the EU and it's other components?

I'm too covered in cynism to do a proper analysis.
    Even though there are more young people becoming part of independent movements in the big cities (specially those near the west coast), Galicia's population is so old and the rural population is so dispersed than it would take at least one hundred years for an independence referendum to be celebrated in Galicia. I mean, PP always wins the autonomical elections in Galicia for a reason.

Yah, still here, had to bring my folks over, and they have jobs, I have to live with them, but I get to live with them.

My link with the independentist movement is just tied to my visa, as a spaniard I'd get it on 2 more years, but with the draft that I saw it could go up from 8 years right now to 10 years the moment the new country forms, I wouldn't stand for that and just move to somewhere else.

What I don't get is how catalunya hasn't got enough political or economical power to force Madrid into granting it the same status as Basque country, granted, once you call independence you can't just go and propose yourself "I settle for this" but Madrid should have put that on the table a long time ago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, I just grouped Galicia with them because a random wikipedia fact and that they have their own language as well. But your explanation does fit with what I know.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    What is a Erdo man ?
    Erdogan, President of Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Erdogan, President of Turkey.
    But what's the joke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    But what's the joke ?
    It's a pun. He's a world leader who happens to be in the news sometimes and happens to have a name that almost ends in "man".

Another cop killing a civilian and not trying to listen. Fuck tunnel vision. Incompetent dirt bags. People are yelling the guy is deaf. Cop still shoots.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ntent=20170921

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Seems the cop was deaf too

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Another cop killing a civilian and not trying to listen. Fuck tunnel vision. Incompetent dirt bags. People are yelling the guy is deaf. Cop still shoots.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ntent=20170921
    Police ordered Sanchez to drop the weapon and get on the ground, Mathews said. Both officers had weapons drawn — Lindsey had a Taser and Barnes a gun. Sanchez came off the porch and was walking toward Barnes.

Both officers fired their weapons at the same time when Sanchez was about 15 feet away from them; more than one shot was fired, the police captain said.
    This is infuriating. If you see a guy with a pipe, and you have the choice between a taser and a gun, why choose both? This is infuriating. I like to rationalize in these cases that police have a scary job, and they want to go home uninjured, but this is inexcusable.

Also, I feel the need to share a story myself, and I have one. It's pretty sad though, yet loosing related to this shooting article. In that, someone got shot tradegically. "Tampa girl, 4, dies of gunshot reaching for candy."
    A grandma left a gun in her purse and paid the price. I don't know any old ladies who do this, but I think I'll ask them not to should I meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Aah man, my pres is never included in these kind of memes, but okay, I once heard that the less you hear about a politician, the more he's doing his job, whoever said it, was right.
    Mine was a bit too, generic. Maybe a "Vampire Man" or "Bribe Man" (since his government paid famous Youtubers of Brazil to speak well about the new education method that his government planned for our schools).

Now, if it was Dilma or Lula, HA ! That would be a endless source of memes.
    Bought CD: Fistful of Metal (Anthrax) | Final Score:

But how does the weapon weakness cycle works on them?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information