+ Reply to Thread
Page 769 of 772 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769 770 771 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,380 of 15421

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

My cat licked my hand. Once.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    The thing I've noticed about Dog people is the degree in which they hate cats. I have a cousin who is in a relationship with this anti-vaxxer (which includes getting her dog shots) that during Thanksgiving just would not stop about getting my cat declawed. And it's not like my cat scratched her, Micheloa was just popping out of hiding to see what was going on, hanging out and then popping back in to hiding.
    Oh, there's nothing against cats at all, I'm just that much more in love with dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by elzhi View Post
    Never had a cat, but I'm probably more of a cat person. Am I right in saying that cats are more for introverts and dogs are for extroverts? Dogs are alright. I had two but I've never been super attached to them and seeing people who are always kind of weirds me out, no offense to anyone who is. I just came from a culture where I was used to seeing dogs live outside or mostly be guard dogs, so I was just surprised at how much of a sacred cow they are in America.
    I'm an introvert, but more of a dog person. Not until I got my own dog though. I think for me it has more to do with size.

And dog eyes just seem kinder, while cat eyes look like there's some sort of middle-of-the-night-gonna-murder-you plan going on behind them lol

All jokes aside I've met both cuddly cats and cuddly dogs

My cat is trained to lick instead of bite if she isn't too keen on being touched.

My other cat is gentle enough and only tries to bite my feel if I have thick socks on. Which is nice.

I find cats easier to deal with. Although both of mine are needy for attention. Following me from room to room and needing to sleep with me most of the night.

I think Dogs just seem easier to train because they seem to care about praise. Cats don't seem to give a shit lol. If I had a yard I would have considered a dog. I found for the size of dog I like an apartment won't do.

Literal Textbook definition of a rapist Brock Turner wants to have his court case appealed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Nevermind he already got a slap on the wrist 6 month sentence that got cut down to 3, apparently being a convicted rapist who took advantage of a drunk girl behind a dumpster has been bad for him.

Literal textbook definition here https://www.salon.com/2017/09/13/bro...rape-textbook/

I adore both dogs and cats, but since I live in a small appartement, I currently have a cat. I sweet little troublemaker that loves to cuddle and would eat herself to death I let her. She's fairly well around visitors, just needs some time to adjust to "more than one person in the room" thing. You just have to pay attention to some telltale signs (tail, posture) and she won't harm anything you hold dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Literal Textbook definition of a rapist Brock Turner wants to have his court case appealed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0
    Oh god why? What exactly would he gain by having this conviction overturned? The world already knows he's a rapist who got off way too easy.

I also love their arguments for why his trial was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Quoting Convicted Rapist Brock Turner's Lawyer
    A 172-page brief filed on Friday by Mr. Turner’s lawyer, Eric Multhaup, said Mr. Turner did not get a fair trial for several reasons, including the exclusion of testimony by character witnesses who spoke of his swimming career and his performance in school and attested to his honesty, the appeal said.
    Character witnesses?!?!

So, he's making the argument that if only a few more of his friends and family had gone up there and said "He's a good guy, he would never do bad things. He gets good grades and is nice. He also swims good." it would have made a difference?!?! It would have magically made the jury go: "Oh, well, I guess that makes it ok that he took a black out drunk girl out to a dumpster to Rape her. I mean, SO MANY people like him and think he's a nice guy with good grades... that totally makes up for rape. Yup."

The entitlement here sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Quoting Rapist Brock Turner's Lawyer
    Mr. Turner’s appeal takes issue with the prosecutor Alaleh Kianerci’s many references to the Dumpster during the trial, particularly her repeated use of the phrase “behind the Dumpster.”

The appeal said the use of the phrase “implied an intent on the appellant’s part to shield” his activities from others and “implied moral depravity, callousness, and culpability on the appellant’s part because of the inherent connotations of filth, garbage, detritus and criminal activity frequently generally associated with Dumpsters.”
    Hahahahahahahahaha

So, because the prosecutor cited one of the basic facts of the case, that he tried to rape someone behind a dumpster, it suddenly means mistrial?!?!

He's only half a step away from claiming the term "Dumpster" Triggered him and he'd prefer she had used the phrase "Trash Recepticle"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Fucvk that guy. I hope he gets a judge that adds 20 years to him for being a whiny bitch about the kid gloves he was tapped with in the first place.

Prison life must not have been hard enough for him...
    I actually forgotten about him...So thanks for reminding people you are a terrible piece of shit rapist.
    Really, most people coming out of prison will stay low and hopefully people will forget about their crime...
    But he literally shot himself in the foot by reminding people about what he did. LOL

Considering how his father & friend doesn't think what he did was wrong, it's no wonder he believe he's facing a terrible injustice.

I'm also guessing that nobody want him on their swimming team because of his convicted crime. So, he thinks by overturning the decision, it will help him.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Much more lighthearted that all of the above, I watched this video earlier today and it struck a chord, because I couldn't really figure out a solution for the dude either way. Wanted to hear you guys' thoughts, since you're mostly american. Oh and despite the title, it's not really a controversial vid, the guy's slovakian and has been to africa on multiple trips, clearly being very enamoured with the continent and has extreme respect for it. Watch for further context.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Someone do a thread for the World Cup, I need to talk about how screwed Mexico is.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Someone do a thread for the World Cup, I need to talk about how screwed Mexico is.
    I'm just gonna take my leave right here... *cue angry shouting about the italians fucking everything up and getting eliminated*
    I'm such a bad person

Time's Person of the Year are the Silence Breakers.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    This is perfect one at least a few levels. Good on Time for bringing more attention to this movement and the people involved. Hopefully it continues for as long as it needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I agree, I think this is the most important phenomenon of the year and I'm glad it's been recognised as such after all those sexual molestations were kept in the shadows for so long.
    I'm such a bad person

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I'm just gonna take my leave right here... *cue angry shouting about the italians fucking everything up and getting eliminated*
    Italy always seemed like a classic World Cup Player to me, is this the first time they're not going?

Italy always seemed like a classic World Cup Player to me, is this the first time they're not going?
    Last time it happened was 1958! That's 60 years of historic world cup appearances we've just thrown out the window *cries inconsolably*
    I'm such a bad person

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-42260548

Australia finally joined the list of countries permitting gay marriage!

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-42260548

Australia finally joined the list of countries permitting gay marriage!
    That leaves only Northern Ireland in the Anglosphere.

There is a general football/soccer thread that works just fine. Just hasn't been posted in frequently for a while.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Oro Jackson got shut down by frauds, could happen here too

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

MadieV, Flower, Nessos, RedDragonStrike, Gyusa Akahi, novaselinenever, Nanashi, Hakipotence, Bakura, Dango, mad monk.

If you guys see this I want to let you know that I haven't given up on the Half Cut Pirates. I will definitely think of something to get it back up and running.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information