+ Reply to Thread
Page 783 of 783 FirstFirst ... 283 683 733 773 781 782 783
Results 15,641 to 15,655 of 15655

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

It will be fine until the day a teacher will get mad as fuck at his students, draw his gun and shoot someone in class...
    Might as well give guns to the students, and they'll have class with everyone aiming at each other just to be sure no one shoots.

It's called the (nuclear) arms race, just learn from it and give guns to everyone ffs !

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Only abortion equals to killing children for them, actually killing children is none of their business.

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    I don't see a problem with girls going to all female schools to avoid sexual assault. What is it now, 1 out of 5 college girls experience sexual assault on campus? Sure, it won't fix anything, but it'll definitely prevent such things from happening. College campuses seem a lot more toxic than the "real world" anyways, so avoiding that all together shouldn't take anything away from operating in the real world.
    The college gave all of us incoming freshmen a gift bag with stuff that included a "safety whistle" to blow in case we were assaulted. So majority female population or not they didn't forget to help us prepare for the worst.

I did have a friend who caught a guy sitting in a car on campus jerking off. So while nobody was hurt the fact that that even happened is a gross thing to think about.

Concerning gun control. Ever time there is a mass-shooting, american newspapers/media mention that it has nothing to do with guns, because the Swiss have guns too and they don't kill each other. Except that the Swiss aren't allowed to carry ammo/have a loaded weapon, they can only shoot at the range.
    I'm saying this because this kind of article pisses me off
    They're always omitting that it's forbidden to carry ammo because they're too scared to call for a ban on guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The college gave all of us incoming freshmen a gift bag with stuff that included a "safety whistle" to blow in case we were assaulted. So majority female population or not they didn't forget to help us prepare for the worst.

I did have a friend who caught a guy sitting in a car on campus jerking off. So while nobody was hurt the fact that that even happened is a gross thing to think about.
    What's wrong exactly with US campuses? And what's the thing with frat boys ?

the fact that this keeps happening in america and barely any country else is bizzare. what is it about schools that attracts mentally disturbed individuals?
    stricter gun rules would've definitely made it harder for this person to commit this massacre, things like an age limit and psychological screening should definitely be added when applying to a weapon permit.

Teenagers aren't the best at making decisions. This is a dark fantasy that was brewing way too much time, or a fatal impulsive action.

A few years back in spain someone brought a crosbow to class: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32380705

Yes, he built it himself, but think of the damage that this kid would have been able to do with a gun.

And Venezuela... well, I don't want to talk about it. but if it happens, I wouldn't learn about it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Concerning gun control. Ever time there is a mass-shooting, american newspapers/media mention that it has nothing to do with guns, because the Swiss have guns too and they don't kill each other. Except that the Swiss aren't allowed to carry ammo/have a loaded weapon, they can only shoot at the range.
    I'm saying this because this kind of article pisses me off
    They're always omitting that it's forbidden to carry ammo because they're too scared to call for a ban on guns.

What's wrong exactly with US campuses? And what's the thing with frat boys ?
    Frat boys and frats pretty much represent rape culture perfectly.

Nothing's wrong with US campuses. More so the people on the campus. 1 out of 5 women experience sexual assualt on their college campus. It's to the point it almost feels like commonplace. Idk if it's the post - high school surge of feelings or the new found freedom, but guys (I'm a dude ) proudly act terrible to women. The whole frat tradition should end, and many colleges are ending them

Nothing's wrong with US campuses. More so the people on the campus. 1 out of 5 women experience sexual assualt on their college campus. It's to the point it almost feels like commonplace. Idk if it's the post - high school surge of feelings or the new found freedom, but guys (I'm a dude ) proudly act terrible to women. The whole frat tradition should end, and many colleges are ending them
    That number is not always accurate. As you can read in this report (page 15) it's often a result of oversimplifying the data and attributing it to all campuses, when in reality it's most likely only representative of a select few. Just wanted to clear that up, that number has been misquoted and used to create unnecessary fear too many times.

With that said any sexual assault is one too many, and there's no excuse not to do everything one can to decrease the number of sexual assaults down to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I think class more than anything. The women's colleges I know do try hard to make sure their students are diverse, but if anything they have to be careful they don't have TOO many Asian girls, or the balance will go off the other way. My cousin went to Wellesley (alma mater of Hillary Clinton), and going to her graduation I swear every time they called a common Asian surname there would be this giant line of girls. Seriously, when "Kim" was announced I thought they would never end.

Although Wellesley has extra attraction to Asian families because Madame Chiang-kai Shek went there. They have a porcelain elephant from her in the Admissions office and everything.
    Do these schools also blatantly discriminate against Asian students like Ivy League schools do? Because with the latter I have no idea why that's even remotely considered acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had a class where the girls weren't the ones standing for the majority of the hands raised, joining student councils and administrating trips for the whole class. A girl taking up the role of the class mommy is damn near inevitable, whether it'd be the kids of a bunch of rich yuppies or otherwise. There is however a noticeable trend for guys to act dumber than they actually are and never commit to anything except the bare minimum because I guess they want to come of all flippant about school.
    That's been my experience in my entire schooling life too.
    NNID: julsjacket

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    That number is not always accurate. As you can read in this report (page 15) it's often a result of oversimplifying the data and attributing it to all campuses, when in reality it's most likely only representative of a select few. Just wanted to clear that up, that number has been misquoted and used to create unnecessary fear too many times.

With that said any sexual assault is one too many, and there's no excuse not to do everything one can to decrease the number of sexual assaults down to zero.
    I'm willing to bet though that the campuses skewing data are the ones with really heavy frat culture.

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    That's been my experience in my entire schooling life too.
    My experience too.
    Boys usually just want to participate in things when there is an election on something to fuck around and be elected for the lulz.

Seriously, I once ended up at the student council because I had promised people that they'd be allowed to smoke weed in their room
    (I wasn't even trying to fuck around in the first place. The other guy with me was just giving a lame speech, so I just said that thing about smoking weed. And tbh, I didn't even know that I had signed up for this election. like, it was a set-up. )
    Last edited by Nilitch; February 20th, 2018 at 05:34 PM.

Default Re: bsfxkopebanaqoljjiaywxkhbevdpwt

One reason I was glad to be at a school without any frats.

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    Do these schools also blatantly discriminate against Asian students like Ivy League schools do? Because with the latter I have no idea why that's even remotely considered acceptable.
    Not at all. Like I said lots of Asian families like their girls to go to women's colleges, if only because there are no boys there to distract them from their studies or *gasp* mess with their chastity. The only time it's hard for girls is if they come from Asia directly and are still mastering their English.

If anything, it's the students from the Middle East who are still gaining their footing on the campuses. Which makes me sad, but one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm willing to bet though that the campuses skewing data are the ones with really heavy frat culture.
    Would not surprise me at all.

Boys from our neighboring colleges (UMass Amherst, Hampshire, and Amherst) were allowed to take classes there. First class they usually got a lot of suspicious looks, but once they proved that, yes, they were there to seriously study, they were welcomed. I thought about taking a class off campus, but decided there wasn't anything I really wanted to take.

Umass Amherst does have statues/figures of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the W.E.B duBois libary. So it has that going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Welp...This is why I don't think people have thought through arming teachers. You're asking someone to kill a kid.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ntent=20180222

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    Umass Amherst does have statues/figures of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the W.E.B duBois libary. So it has that going for it.
    Ahahaha. Yes, there is definitely that. Don't forget Scooby Doo's creator!

UMass Amherst is definitely the best out of all the UMass campuses, but there was still too much partying there for me to want to go there. They don't call it "Zoo Mass" for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Welp...This is why I don't think people have thought through arming teachers. You're asking someone to kill a kid.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ntent=20180222
    *growl*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information